Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Critical Windows XP/NT 4.0 Patch

Saru

Just came across this, and thought I should post it here, according to Microsoft a critical vulnerability has been found in the Xp/NT/2k series of Windows Operating Systems, that can allow someone to run malicious code on your computer and basically do anything they like on it.

Click Here

There are a lot of Microsoft Windows flaws reported regularly, however the potential for problems with this one is particularly nasty. If you are using windows NT 4.0, Windows XP, Windows 2000 or Windows 2003, it would be a good idea to download and install the provided patch to stop anyone from taking advantage of this vulnerability - just to be on the safe side.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Bizarro

• djdodo

• Anirbas

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I will dl it tonight! I am not sure just what I have....I didn't know there were so many choices! It's this type of stuff that makes me mad - why wasn't it fixed before hand?!

Most bugs do get fixed before the software is released, but there will almost always be bugs that are only discovered aferwards, hence the release of patches to fix them.

It's unfortunate that this particular vulnerability wasn't discovered sooner, according to Microsoft it has been present in all NT based Windows Operating Systems since NT 4.0, and has only now been found.

WaW .. sounds Cool cool.gif

I am gonna down load it when I get my laptop back fixed ... grin2.gif

Thanks ((SA)) rolleyes.gif