Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drug Laced suckers/lollies

mystery-man

Here is something I found on snopes just now. It is half false and half true Click for link

North Little Rock Police Department put out a warning. Someone is giving middle school & high school kids suckers that look like: Maple Leafs; Pumpkins & Santa Claus that are laced with three different TYPES OF VERY STRONG DRUGS THAT ARE HALLUCINOGENIC, and this is STRONG ENOUGH TO KILL a child or teenager.

The Police station received a tip from the Memphis, TN police. Some arrest in Memphis have been made. These suckers have turned up in Blytheville. Officials' fears that these suckers will begin to show up throughout the state.

If you have children, or know someone with children, PLEASE inform them of this possible threat to our children.

Honestly I think it's a load of rubbish. Maybe not the law enforcement finding drugs but the rest a load of [Put naughty word here]

oh I don't know, we were always taught to check if our Halloween candy looked like it had been open, and if it was, we had to throw it away, because it might have drugs in/on it

• Like 1

You know some wise people. I was out trick or treating with a mate a couple of years ago and his little brother was gives some Vaseline but some oaps. They must have been a bit blink.gif

Thta's similar to the stories they used to tell about dealers giving out LSD laced temporary tatoos to kids outside school gates. Apparently they wanted to get them hooked so they'd come back and buy large quantities no.gif

According to Snopes it's just a rubbish legend but when the school liasons cops used to come into our school they always used to warn us about it so there's probably some truth in it somewhere mellow.gif

• Like 1

A more realistic UB of the same genre, is people sticking glass shards and razors into candies at Halloween, although this is generally a tale parents tell children to make them be wary, i don't know if a single real case has ever been reported.

i stay in memphis tn and thats not rubbish its a true story. the school i go to they have them and call them dro pops. only seen the ones with weed in them not sure about the other stuff.

Nitrate, that's the silliest thing i've ever heard. Obviously you don't know anything about drugs. laugh.gif

If you eat weed, the same thing will happen as if you've just eaten a blade of grass. Nothing. So lacing a candy with a green plant will be about as effective as lacing water with a lime.

Nitrate, that's the silliest thing i've ever heard. Obviously you don't know anything about drugs. laugh.gif

If you eat weed, the same thing will happen as if you've just eaten a blade of grass. Nothing. So lacing a candy with a green plant will be about as effective as lacing water with a lime.

777783[/snapback]

Well that just blows one of the first big gags in 'Super Troopers' all to hell. laugh.gif

I thought he ate mushrooms in supertroopers. That was the funniest scene. I nearly p***ed myself watching that. grin2.gif

Never seen it.

If you eat ALOT of weed, it will have an effect on you of course. So if that's what happened, fair enough.

But eating a lolly laced with a few leaves? Laughable.

[edit]

Ah well, Mushrooms are a different story, they are ment to be eaten to cause hallucinations.

Edited by BurnSide

No, I don't think he ate 'shrooms. If I remember correctly he scarfed down a big bag of weed. Then again, I think I was drunk when I saw 'Super Troopers', so I am probably remembering it wrong! tongue.gif

But I agree, if a sucker was all you needed to get high, there would be a lot of stoners with more spending money. wink2.gif

Thats something candy ravers would be into sounds like. I bet it would be a big hit for silly ravers if there were extacy or acid lolli pops.

Now you know, acid pops probably would work. Too bad I have high morals and scuples, because that is a market just waiting to be tapped. tongue.gif

haha. Acid Pops is a particular favourite candy of Albus Dumbledore.

Or was, anyway.

haha. Acid Pops is a particular favourite candy of Albus Dumbledore.

Or was, anyway.

778322[/snapback]

Well, Dumbledore DID always strike me as an old hippy, so I am not surprised. laugh.gif

I am surprised I had forgotten that HP tidbit. blush.gif Leave it to Burnside to catch it.

Back when I went to anger management a discussion about "weed pops" came up. Trust me, they're very real. Heh, I live right next to memphis in lake county. wink2.gif

Back when I went to anger management a discussion about "weed pops" came up. Trust me, they're very real. Heh, I live right next to memphis in lake county. wink2.gif

778634[/snapback]

Nah, some of my friends used to buy them up in Camden Market in london. They're just green suckers with a tiny bit of crap mixed in, indistinguishable from lime flavour reallly. They don't really do anything though, one of them ate about 4 in an hour and they had absolutely no effect whatsoever, and they cost a £1 each!!

So did these, but as Burnside said eariler in this thread, you'd probably have to eat about 10g of weed to feel any effect. It' supposed to be smoke ya know yes.gif

I can't believe I am answering this, but he's referring to weed itself.

God, i think i lost a few IQ points reading this discussion.

God, i think i lost a few IQ points reading this discussion.

779391[/snapback]

And a few more by replying. mellow.gif

Indeed.

Back on topic.

#1 Drugs are expensive. I find it highly unlikely that they would just be given away.

#2 They lace the suckers with acid to get kids hooked? Ha! Acid's not an addictive drug. Contrary to popular belief, not all drugs are addictive.

#3 It couldn't have been shrooms in super troopers. They take about 30 minutes to kick in and if I remember correctly, the guy feels the effects immediately.