Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4dplane

Bush Signs Energy Bill Into Law

13 posts in this topic

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.a...w=wn_wire_story

"Most Americans will feel the impact of new law in 2007 when daylight-saving time is extended by one month to save energy."

I'm down with this idea, but Bush didn't come up with it, people just stopped being so superstitious.

"Consumers will also be able to claim tax credits for installing more energy-efficient windows and solar panels on their homes and purchasing hybrid fueled vehicles."

Sounds great, but I think it’s just a trick so he can:

Give energy companies large tax breaks when they have had record profits

Keep our society dependent on oil

Drill in Alaska

And most of all, drive penis enlarging vehicles!

It's funny, when the Bush Administration looks like it's trying to take a step in the right direction it's still somehow going to come back and bite them on the butt. laugh.gif

Out of curiosity, are they going to come out with a hybrid truck or SUV?

For all the poeple that comdemn those of us that drive them, some of us have no choice. How do you propose that I get my building material, lanscape materials, etc home without one?

Posted (edited)

If you use the truck for real (what its meant for) - than I have no problem with you driving an SUV. But Americans are obsessed with sex, drugs, and big FY mobiles. Many people drive SUVs to be tuff and others drive them for so-called security.

Edited by 4dplane

Yes, there are some....I remember when I first got it and it looked brand new. Driving down the street I would get dirty looks from people with environmental bumper stickers on their little cars. It took me a while to figure out what I was doing to make total strangers look at me like they hated me. hmm.gif You have to remember, too, that some poeple also have several children, and if they are into sports and car pooling they have to have an SUV to haul them around.

Don't be so quick to judge. wink2.gif

If you use the truck for real (what its meant for) - than I have no problem with you driving an SUV. But Americans are obsessed with sex, drugs, and big FY mobiles. Many people drive SUVs to be tuff and others drive them for so-called security. 

779813[/snapback]

The people that really bother me behind the wheel of SUV's are the tiny 30 something women that are 4foot9 darting dangerously from lane to lane without using their directional signal while sipping her coffee, talking on her cell phone, reading the paper and hauling 5 kids.....Just saying. disgust.gif

Other countries manage just fine without over the top gas gusslers.

If Bush is really doing this to try and be resourceful, then good on him, maybe theirs a brain cell floating around in his head somewhere after all, go bushy baby. He will be hugging trees, and dancing around may poles with flowers in his hair before you know it wink2.gif

laugh.gif well girty, I'm 5'7" in my forties, am a very careful driver, always signal, NEVER use a cell phone while driving, and don't have any kids, I will, however, have a large water with me at all times, grin2.gif .....oh, just saying... w00t.gif

Girty, can you say , soccer Mum? We own a four wheel drive, we live in the country, we use it for animal cartage, feed, soil, rubbish removal. I wish people would learn, they're work vehicles not status symbols.

And most of all, drive penis enlarging vehicles!

We call those Corvettes...are you suffering from penis envy? Or are you just jealous?

And as for Anwar....we need the oil so when we bomb the oil fields of Iran and Saudi Arabia and Syria...we will have a virtually unlimited cheap supply. thumbsup.gif

laugh.gif well girty, I'm 5'7" in my forties, am a very careful driver, always signal, NEVER use a cell phone while driving, and don't have any kids, I will, however, have a large water with me at all times, grin2.gif .....oh, just saying... w00t.gif

Water+turn signal = happy driver. grin2.gif Besides, you haul stuff around in yours. thumbsup.gif

Girty, can you say , soccer Mum? We own a four wheel drive, we live in the country, we use it for animal cartage, feed, soil, rubbish removal. I wish people would learn, they're work vehicles not status symbols.

You hit the nail right on the head! yes.gif

Posted (edited)

779889[/snapback]

Amen to that! thumbsup.gif

~~~~~~~~~~

I also drive a 4X4 and I live in Rural America, where you need a vehicle of that caliber.

Some of us actually work & haul stuff!

original.gif

~~~~~~~~~~

As for the Energy Bill . . the changing of Day Light Savings . . . idk???

mellow.gif

Edited by nativechick1989

779889[/snapback]

These vehicles in my Village are work vehicles and practical for their lifestyle however the ones the ladys drive too and from my Health club when they turn up for their coffee mornings everyday are definitely status symbols.