Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you met an alien entity more powerful than you

Mr Slayer

So, I philosophized a bit and posed this question. Since this, after all, is a paranormal forum:

Think of a situation, where you encounter an extraterrestrial being. A being so much more advanced that we don't have to talk about development, evolution or advancement anymore...

This being has gone past the physical body, technology, dimensional bonds. It is made of...pure self, light, energy, call it what you will. And it's presence is overwhelming. You. Are overwhelmed. Think of it!

How would you, as a Christian or alike, know that this super- being is (or isn't) your God or "simply" an alien being, but way ahead of you? And, foremost, would it really matter...?

I hope you understand the question.

I am not a Believer, whether it be God or Aliens. However, I find myself to be rather spiritual and think often in these terms.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Solofront

• Starr Destin Mathews

• NJC

Any technology far ahead of our own would seem like magic. I forgot whose quote that was. If they were that far ahead , they would be like a god to us.

I would first have to figure out if I was dead, if I was alive I would simply crap my pant's unsure.gif

some would project their constructs of gods onto such a being, others would accept them for what they are, others would idolize and desire to be as these more powerful beings, some would just want their power.

some would just tell the thing to "bugger off".....

I would ask them to take me to their leader than mate with it and have superhuman children MUAHAHAHHAHAHAH

I would ask them to take me to their leader than mate with it and have superhuman children MUAHAHAHHAHAHAH

793633[/snapback]

mate with the leader wacko.gif what will you do when the leader is the same gender as you

793633[/snapback]

mate with the leader wacko.gif what will you do when the leader is the same gender as you

793638[/snapback]

I think she was joking. no.gifno.gifno.gif

if the leader is the same gender as me i wont care ill try to figure a way out

U r right it could just as easilly be Allah

if i wouldnt feel (when it overwhelms me) that its an alien, i would probably think its something like god...

yeah 2 girls is always hot lol

793658[/snapback]

women make me wonder...but i like 'em thumbsup.gif

back on subject now kids...

if i met an alien being, similar looking to the grays ( alien.gif ) , if they appear to be hostile, i would get my 12 gauge and take as many out as i can, they wouldnt know how much firepower i have, if any for that matter, so they might just send a scout for reconisance missions, a scout meaning not heavily armed, nor heavily armored. but if i do take the scout out, they would probably send a search and rescue squad to locate where the scout alien.gif lossed contact with them, while also being more heavily armed and armored. not good my local umer's, so after i have killed the scout, i'd bag him, then move to my cabin 'bout 20 min away, and set up base camp there, while exploring the scouts equiptment.

there are so many possibilities, but i will still trust my 12 gauge, and oh yeah, i foregot to mention my shutshund trained bull mastiff w00t.gif

Edited by Solofront

I note many frivolous replies but understand the thought process - strip away the conventional and see what remains.

Non-physical manifestation would naturally be completely independent of race culture or planet!

Development, experience and intention/attitude would define the entity met.

I think you have have a credible handle on reality, perhaps you should explore this some more?

Regards Toll

i don't think i'd want to see a girl and yoda get it on.

i don't think i'd want to see a girl and yoda get it on.

793910[/snapback]

ya me neither, might be tramatizingly disturbing w00t.gif

omg, I think I am going to like these forums lol. Central Asian Ovcharka is a better gaurd dog though =P I don't have one, probably never will. I want an Akita, half as good as a gaurd dog, twice as good looking =P

And the most dangerous women are the ones with intelligence, if you can't beat em, join em in bed, and then use your baby to wipe em out.

If I met an alien, I would say, "Are you familiar with the one who introduced the RA material?" If they say no, I say, "Are you familiar with those of the Orion Group?" If they say no, I say, "Are you here to help me, or help yourself?"

I'd offer them a margarita and invite them in for some conversation. *shugs*

Then again, wonder why they're talking to me.. I'm no one importaint

I would direct the aliens gaze to the (do not enter. Trespassers will be shot) sign on my butt.

Think of a situation, where you encounter an extraterrestrial being. A being so much more advanced that we don't have to talk about development, evolution or advancement anymore...

I hope you understand the question.

793398[/snapback]

Not that long ag it did happen in the Pacific during WWII

These Cargo Cults believed that manufactured western goods ('cargo') were created by ancestral spirits and intended for Melanesian people. White people, however, had unfairly gained control of these objects. Cargo cults thus focused on purifying their communities of what they perceived as 'white' influences by conducting rituals similar to the white behavior they had observed, presuming that this activity would make cargo come. The most famous examples of this behavior are airstrips, airports, and radios made out of coconuts, straw, and other jungle materials that were built in the belief that transport planes full of cargo would land on them if they were built.

The classic period of cargo cult activity, however, was the years during and after World War II. The vast amounts of war matériel that were air-dropped into these islands during the Pacific campaign against the Empire of Japan necessarily meant drastic changes to the lifestyle of these islanders as manufactured clothing, canned food, tents, weapons and other useful goods arrived in vast quantities to equip soldiers

Wikipedia.org

You see it is not that far fetched.

And the most dangerous women are the ones with intelligence, if you can't beat em, join em in bed, and then use your baby to wipe em out.

blink.gif

if you subsribe to the theory that the sex that puts the greater investment into reproduction is the sex that really dominates, then men better just accept the power of the woman ( either that or develop reproductive/cloning technologies to eliminate the need for them, and then eliminate them! now what would all the men be thinking about if that were to come to pass? )

there are two types of men when it comes to women, which type are you? laugh.gifinnocent.gif

yeah 2 girls is always hot lol

793658[/snapback]

Hey-! What kind of a thread has this become? blush.giftongue.gif

Why would an alien being like that want to come visit us? Crazy people would bug it by worshipping it and doing strange rituals to the poor creature, skeptics will call it "swamp gas" or something and debate it for hours on end whether it's made up of light or energy or something like that, mental cases/ weird people will want to become like the creature and either squish themselves or shock themselves and sue the manufacturers saying their products didn't work, and the rest of us could really care less if it came or not tongue.gif