Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts are everywhere

Althalus

I remember seeing a program on The Discovery Channel a couple of years back on the subject of ghosts, and one person came on and stated that there is a possibility that we as a people see ghosts all the while but never know it, because they look real and substantial, and that we may pass quite a few in the street, when we go into town or even to the local shops.

I just thought I would put it up here, to ask if anyone wants to comment.    

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Althalus

• Homer

• GIZZIE

[blue]

It's an interesting thought, isn't it? How would we know if someone was a ghost if they did look real and substantial? We would only know if we knew the person.

...I see dead people... :s4

[/blue]

or if they dissapeared while we were looking at them, or walked through a blocked door, or somethng similar.

Thanks  Althalus ... Ooh yeah, now that is confusing ... darn.   :s09 You do now realise im going to be looking out for peole walking throo walls when im out now.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing a program that said something similar.the other thing that they said, that will be familiar to anyone that has walked a home late at night down deserted roads.As you are walking and thinking about nothing,you may experience either of two things.

1.A sense of a missing part of your journey (the "how the hell did i get here" syndrome).

2. Seeing things that aren't there (A shadowy figure,people looking out of windows)out of the corner of your eye.

both of these were put down to a meditative state that your brain can go into when it hasn't got much to do.

Any thoughts on this. :sq

maybe that is the origin of the black shuck myth, people who are a bit tired go down the lane and one of them sees the dog, he asks the other do you see it, and the other person sees it because of the suggestion.

but the ghosts are everywhere program that I saw said that they could be even in daylight, you don't know because they look so real, until that thing happens that distinguishes them from everyone else, if at all.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

:s4

"look buzz an alien!!"

"where??"

"Bahhh haaaaa haaaaaa!!!"

Ive also heard that ghosts live around us, taking up much of our space around us. We would therefore walk past these with no knowledge what so ever!

To live amongst then as they live amongst us with no realisation......oooooo  :sd

Following that line of thought you could propose that ghosts aren't the dead at all but people in overlapping timelines (assuming time isn't linear - it's just the brain that interprets it that way so you can make sense of it) or even overlapping dimensions.

Just thought i'd make this thread a bit more complicated  ;D

:s01 and just when I thought it could get no more complicated P.S comes along and does so..............my head hurts lol

[blue]Now here's a thought:

Listen to one of your favourite songs.

Then, get on a treadmill (whatever) and speed up your heartrate. And then listen to the same song.

It sounds slower.

That means that, your brain perceives time at a different rate depending upon your heartrate. Freaky.

[/blue] :s07

I was just about to try that experiment when I realized Loonboy is trying to trick us into exercising. You know how I feel about exercising :s08   But nice try Loonboy, I'll just take your word for it ;D

So where do you think "ghosts" are then, if not everywhere as we are?

PS, I like your way of thinking on this.

Have any of you seen, heard or experienced "ghosts"?

:s09 :s09 :s09 :s09 :s09 :s09 :s09 :s09 :s09 :s09 :s09

A little more to add with what PS stated about overlapping timelines and overlapping dimensions. SaRuMaN started a thread in February regarding the "string theory" or "M theory" that is, to put it simply, a theory based on quantum mechanics and the special theory of relativity that suggests the universe is made up of 11 dimensions, and maybe even more.

Perhaps the mystery of ghosts, at least in part, lies with science and not the paranormal :o