Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How did Jesus really die?

Brother_werewolf

Now I'm a druid, but I would like to know how some people think Jesus died. Now what I've heard is that he did not die on the cross he was actually killed by a soldier who held a real artifact known as the spear of destiny which has been missing since the end of WW2.

So you tell me how do you think Jesus died based on what you've heard or read?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brother_werewolf

• Ken1Burton

• iaapac

• fawkes2

Well if he didnt die on the cross...whos that guy in all the pictures?

Mark 15:25, 37

It was the third hour when they crucified him............. With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

The spear you refer to is mentioned in Luke. The Jews wanted the crosses taken down before the Sabbath, so the centurion went to each of the criminals to break their legs to quicken the death. But Jesus was already dead, the Bible tells us. To confirm his death, the centurion speared Jesus' side and water gushed out (the lungs fill with fluid as a result of crucifixion).

Regards, PA

Let's not forget the phrase coming out of Seth II in the Nag Hammadi schools . . . ."It was not I they crucified, rather, it was one of their own."

The real question is not how did he die but, "Did he ever really live?"

808640[/snapback]

Good point

But another thing to point out is that a french priest found hidden inside a hole in the church. Some sort of texts that apparently held some disturbing secrets about Jesus Christ. He was paid a lot of money to keep it secret, but he put a few clues for a few people all over the church: such as Jesus holding his son, it also has in the depiction of Jesus being buried a full moon in the backround, and a demon that guards the entrance of the church. So I guess the better question is: What secret was held in Jesus Christs life?

But another thing to point out is that a french priest found hidden inside a hole in the church. Some sort of texts that apparently held some disturbing secrets about Jesus Christ. He was paid a lot of money to keep it secret, but he put a few clues for a few people all over the church: such as Jesus holding his son, it also has in the depiction of Jesus being buried a full moon in the backround, and a demon that guards the entrance of the church. So I guess the better question is: What secret was held in Jesus Christs life?

809167[/snapback]

You're referring to the Cure Sauniere and Rennes les Chateau. I had the pleasure of visiting there two years ago and while the church was interesting and filled with unorthodox adornments, the author Henry Lincoln and his co-writers did much to distort the facts and historic evidences in their book, Holy Blood, Holy Grail. Oldtimers in the village tell quite a different story about Sauniere and while there are mysteries underlying all that happened there, they were not the same as invented by Lincoln.

So you tell me how do you think Jesus died based on what you've heard or read?

808498[/snapback]

Jesus died but he was ressurected 3 days later and then he was taken to heaven , read on;

Mark 16

The Resurrection

1When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. 2Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?"

4But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. 5As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

6"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. 7But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "

8Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid.

((The most reliable early manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20.))

9When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. 11When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.

12Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. 13These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.

14Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.

15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

19After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Edited by fawkes2

Good, but perhaps I should have said what conspiricies do you think the church holds to the death of Jesus Christ?

l see know what you mean my mistake. hmm.gif l don't know any conspiracy that the church have with Jesus, but l'll look it up and see what l can come up with.

l see know what you mean my mistake. hmm.gif l don't know any conspiracy that the church have with Jesus, but l'll look it up and see what l can come up with.

811174[/snapback]

grin2.gif thanks

808640[/snapback]

Good point

809150[/snapback]

I am sick of people saying that, when Roman documents have already proven there was a man named Jesus who was killed during the time people believe he was killed for calling himself a God.

No you don't understand what I meant to agree upon was. Did he truely do all the things they say he did?

Jesus bled to death on the cross, The Spear piercing His side, showed that the Body Cavity contained blood and water. A Dead man does not bleed. The blood had to be pumped into the Body Cavity while Jesus was still alive.

His heart either ruptured, or a main artery broke:

(JOHN 19:34) But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side,

and forthwith came there out blood and water. (KJV)

The Jewish Nation have their own copies of what Christians call the Old Testament. Genesis, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Etc. They would not alter them to fit Jesus. The Jewish Holy Scriptures and the Old Testament are almost the same, Some wording changes. But the main prophecies concerning the Messiah are the same.

God foretelling what would happen to Jesus, and foretelling it by many people, Over 1500 years or time. In detail. And even though the Church has yet to see it clearly, all was fulfilled in ONE DAY. Showing there is a GOD by His ability to do this, and that Jesus is who He sent.

Ken

Brother Werewolf.

The Conspiracies? You want me to divulge top secret information? Information kept Secret from the Foundation of the World.

(MATTHEW 13:35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the

prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter

things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. (KJV)

(PSALMS 78:2) I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: (KJV)

You are looking in the wrong place for the Conspiracies. You think the Church is the holdout, God never gave the Secrets to the Church.

(MATTHEW 13:11) He answered and said unto them, Because it is given

unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to

them it is not given. (KJV)

KNOWING the Mysteries is the QUESTION HALF. It was not given them to know the Answers. And they have yet to accept them, if they have even heard them. And very few have heard the right answers.

AND would THOU KNOWETH? Even if it were declared unto You? Would you be able to accept what God has kept Secret?

Here is a KEY:

(PSALMS 119:165) Great peace have they which love thy law: and

nothing shall offend them. (KJV)

Here is another KEY:

(1CORINTHIANS 1:28) And base things of the world, and things which

are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to

bring to nought things that are: (KJV)

Now for the MATH: Add three verses. And the answer you get is the correct answer. Fear may compel you to change the answer to another answer which is wrong so you do not offend others, Mainly so you do not offend God.

ADD:

(EXODUS 4:11) And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's

mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the

blind? have not I the Lord? (KJV)

ADD:

(ISAIAH 45:11) Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his

Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning

the work of my hands command ye me. (KJV)

ADD:

(MATTHEW 12:22) Then was brought unto him one possessed with a

devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind

and dumb both spake and saw. (KJV)

NOW, What is God’s NAME?

Now for Advance Math:

(PSALMS 99:3) Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy. (KJV)

And for an ADVANCE Question: What is God’s HOLY NAME?

(ISAIAH 45:15) Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of

Israel, the Saviour. (KJV)

What SAYETH the WOLF?

Caneth thou see in Darkness?

(MATTHEW 10:27) What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in

light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the

housetops. (KJV)

If indeed thou be a creature of the night, where shadows frighten the brave, and bring quivers down the spine of the mighty. Then deeper into the forest we shall venture. seeing the Depths of Satan, Even coming to His SEAT. “If thou be a creature of the night.”

The difference being if you “WERE” Wolf, Or if you “ARE” Wolf.

Ken

"If indeed thou be a creature of the night, where shadows frighten the brave, and bring quivers down the spine of the mighty. Then deeper into the forest we shall venture. seeing the Depths of Satan, Even coming to His SEAT. “If thou be a creature of the night.”

The difference being if you “WERE” Wolf, Or if you “ARE” Wolf."

Did you just make fun of me in a complicated and puzzling way?

Or are you just trying to ask me a question?

808640[/snapback]

Good point

809150[/snapback]

It's proven that jesus was real, it's just that people have different beliefs on whether he was the messiah or not.

And if you read the bible, you'd know for sure that jesus died by the cross, there's no other way to interpret that part...

Edited by Wingman

Brother Werewolf.

Neither of the Above. I was trying to see if you are searching for real answers, and if you could handle the real answers.

You or anyone else can answer. Who can see in Darkness? Darkness being that which has not yet been brought to light. or not accepted as Truth yet.

I can knock the Math down to two verses:

The Math is EASY. Accepting the Answer is VERY VERY HARD.

Are you ABLE? You wanted to know the Conspiracies, There are a lot of them, They have been kept hidden for a long time. Their being so offensive is the way they have been kept hidden. Do you really want to know the Truth of the matter?

Ken

Brother Werewolf.

Neither of the Above. I was trying to see if you are searching for real answers, and if you could handle the real answers.

You or anyone else can answer. Who can see in Darkness? Darkness being that which has not yet been brought to light. or not accepted as Truth yet.

I can knock the Math down to two verses:

The Math is EASY. Accepting the Answer is VERY VERY HARD.

Are you ABLE? You wanted to know the Conspiracies, There are a lot of them, They have been kept hidden for a long time. Their being so offensive is the way they have been kept hidden. Do you really want to know the Truth of the matter?

Ken

813524[/snapback]

Thank you for clearing that up.

808640[/snapback]

I do believe that Jesus lived. But I have other theories on who he actually was.

Of course this is just a thought I had - I completely respect other peoples beliefs and opinions. But what if Jesus was someone who could perform what were called mircales, but what we see today at magic? Imagine all those years ago if people could perform 'tricks' that had never been seen before. You would think they had some special powers and indeed were sent from God.

The Bible COULD be a book of tales, written by the believers and what they thought to be real.

I do believe that Jesus was crucified - but this may have been down to the fact that people couldnt accept what he was.

If I could go back in time I would LOVE to find out exactly what the truth was, and that way we would all know - religion is the cause of a lot of the trouble in the world, but it only based on what people choose to believe - not the truth because it cannot be proven.

808640[/snapback]

I do believe that Jesus lived. But I have other theories on who he actually was.

Of course this is just a thought I had - I completely respect other peoples beliefs and opinions. But what if Jesus was someone who could perform what were called mircales, but what we see today at magic? Imagine all those years ago if people could perform 'tricks' that had never been seen before. You would think they had some special powers and indeed were sent from God.

The Bible COULD be a book of tales, written by the believers and what they thought to be real.

I do believe that Jesus was crucified - but this may have been down to the fact that people couldnt accept what he was.

If I could go back in time I would LOVE to find out exactly what the truth was, and that way we would all know - religion is the cause of a lot of the trouble in the world, but it only based on what people choose to believe - not the truth because it cannot be proven.

814715[/snapback]

So Jesus was a magician? Interesting theory! thumbsup.gif

Evaluna.

We can go back in time and check it out. I did myself. I went back 400 years before Jesus was laid in a manger in Bethlehem.

The Jewish Holy Scriptures exist today as they did 400 years before Jesus walked the Earth. Hundreds of prophecies concerning what this person would do. The Jewish Faith is not about to change those Scriptures to fit Jesus.

It is Jesus doing what God had foretold by the Prophets that show He is not a person using magic. He is Pre-Ordained of God.

If “Religion is the cause of a lot of trouble in the world.” Would it have been better for mankind not to believe? We have had, and still do to some extent, Countries which are based on being Atheists. How pleasant to be a citizen of such a country? Or maybe that is “How Peasant”

There are thousands of “Religions” and we are at a “make your own” period of time. There is one Religion Faith that regards all mankind as precious. Something an Atheist country does not quite see. Christianity has Value for mankind. I am not talking of those who have abused their power in Christianity. But those who out of love have shared, and lived that Faith.

Ken