Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joining The Chat ( For Mac Users )

Saru

For those of you like ScaryD who are using an Apple Mac, here's a Mac IRC Client that you can download and use to connect.

http://www.ircle.com/download.shtml

I'm not sure how the program works, since I don't have a Mac to run it on. However the server you want to connect to is :

chatnet.dnsalias.com

and the port is 6667

Once you do connect, the room you want is #unexplained

Good luck in getting connected with it. If you get stuck, that web site or the program itself should have some online help to get you back on track.

:su

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• ScaryD

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ScaryD,

The server is VIP Net - although it's not part of any of the major IRC networks. There should be an option somewhere for entering an actual server address, or a command that can do it from a prompt.

I looked up some help for the program your using, and I came across this page, which should help you get the server set up. On the part that says "Scroll through the list and choose the server that is geographically nearest to you on the network you require", click on the "add" button thats shown in the picture on the side of the help page, and that should allow you to enter the server address for VIP Net which is :

chatnet.dnsalias.com port 6667.

and then connect to that and join #unexplained and your there. The help page is at :

http://www.ex.ac.uk/~jastaple/irc/irclehelp/config.html

and there are some more help pages for doing other things here :

http://www.ex.ac.uk/~jastaple/irc/irclehelp/index.html

If you have any further difficulties, let me know and I'll see what else I can find that may be of help.

:s07

:s2

SaRuMaN,   All goes well...UNTIL I scroll down the networks.  There's no option for VIP Net, and I can only add the server details -  I can't see anywhere to enter a new network.

:s8

ScaryD,

You've found it ! You don't need to add a new network because VIP net doesn't exist on any. It's the server details you need to add.

All you need to do is add the server chatnet.dnsalias.com port 6667 and bobs your uncle.

You can completely ignore anything about IRC networks because VIP net won't be listed in any of them, thats why you need to enter the server address yourself.

:)

SaR,

i give up!  it hates me!  going on the info you've given me, when i try to connect it tells me 'no.  i think not.  NOT RECOGNISED'.  

:s07

So, alas, woeisme, i'll just have to witter along in here instead of in the chat room.  Ah well...

BIG thanx for all your help tho.  you are tres patient.

:s03

Thank goodness for that.

;D

Looks like that second program did the trick.