Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

haunting

johnnarachellern

i have something in my house that we have just started seeing but we have been hearing it for about 4 or 5 years and in the past few months we have stated seeing it and the other night i see someone in the bac seat of my car when i looked in the rearview mirror and wen i turned the light on there was no one there and it has tried to push me down the steps at my house, it has been opening doors and closeing them, we all have been hearing 3 people that talk that are not there, and there are really bad cold spots in my house especially in two room, one bed room and the bath room, the other night about 2:30 in the morrning i was sitting there on my computer and i seen a shadow walk around the corner and when i went to see who it was there was no one there, it talks to little kids in my house and it has chase me through my house at night. can you tell me what kind it sounds like to you and what i can do about it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uranium101

• AndyThorley

• Blood Angel

• PurpleStuart

Hi johnnarachellern to me it sounds like you have a poltergeist.

Did you try asking it to go away?

to me it sounds like you have a poltergeist

I disagree, I'm afraid. It sounds to me like you are experiencing the opening salvos of a disembodied intelligence's third stage of manifestation. You've got a 'classic' ghost, basically, and not a poltergeist.

Hauntings tend to work themselves up through several stages, starting with noises, then movement of objects, then voices, then physical manifestations. These catagories can, of course, be broken down into sub-categories; I won't bore you with the details. Suffice to say it sounds like your 'intelligence' has, over the course of the years, worked it's way up to revealing itself.

Also, hauntings in the classic sense have - almost without exception - a longevity far greater than that of a poltergeist haunting. 5 years is just too long for it to be a poltergeist. Rather confusingly, your classic ghost exhibits exactly the same characteristics as a poltergeist in it's initial stages, only later can a distinction be made - a poltergeist goes away for whatever reason; a ghost doesn't.

This one hasn't. It's a ghost.

It sounds as if the 'intelligence' is attached to the house (another indication that it's not a poltergeist) and as such if you were really desperate you could just leave.

I realise that's not a very practical suggestion but to tell you the truth, the various methods generally employed to get rid of ghosts are, to my mind, dubious at best.

That said, communication seems to be the common thread in most successful cases of ghost expulsion. This 'intelligence' has issues of one sort or another, and these probably need to be addressed. What form this communication takes is up to your own good judgement and the wise counsel of other forum members; I'm philosophically squeamish about that whole side of things.

Still. I hope this helps.

I had always heard that talking to the ghost will make them stay. How do I communicate. There are 3 different ghosts, and one of them is just a shadow. I was told that they were evil if they are shadows. Also, why is the ghost following me wherever I go? I went to a friends house and it came with me. Why is it trying to hurt me?

I don't believe that you have 3 ghosts. I believe that it's the same ghost manifesting itself in different ways. Think of all the seperately observable phenomena that you have experienced. If you consider that each phemenon is the work of a different intelligence then you're going to have a legion of ghosts in your home, numbering possibly the hundreds.

This is clearly ridiculous. It is the work of one ghost. And I don't believe it is evil beyond what you would expect in a living person. I mean it's not a devil or an arch-fiend from the seventh pit of Hell or anything.

But it seems to have formed an attachment to you now, which is still fairly common comparatively speaking.

Some people believe that aura healing could solve this problem, as it will staunch the psychic leakage which is coming from you and giving the intelligence energy.

Personally I don't know what to tell you regarding 'exorcism'. A catholic will tell you to get a priest, someone else will tell you to get a medium, other people will provide you with things to say and little ceremonies to perform...I don't know.

But I do know that ghosts can be as confused, malicious, wanton and frightened as living people, and communication seems to be the key. I say again, I'll leave you to the wise counsel of other forum members because I would be lying if I told you that I knew how to get rid of ghosts.

Sorry if this isn't much help.

Yell, curse, take a few swings at it, and try to hit it..see what it does. Chase it around the house like a mad man. If it joins you in the bathroom, then try to whiz on it. Maybe if you annoy it enough, it'll go away. whistling2.gif

he has a point. wizzing on a ghost will probably make it die again original.gif have a little fun with it. devil.gif

Yell, curse, take a few swings at it, and try to hit it..see what it does. Chase it around the house like a mad man. If it joins you in the bathroom, then try to whiz on it. Maybe if you annoy it enough, it'll go away. whistling2.gif

Oddly enough, Ive heard these work with some ghosts (not wizin on them, obviously)

But I remember hearing of this one case where the ghost called herself 'mary' and basically made life a living hell for the family she was haunting.

Then this one time, she picked up a pile of washing up and smashed it on the floor...the mother then just gave up and launched into a 5 minute tyrade of f'ing and blinding and begging for mercy...

And the hauntings stopped.

So...when no ones about to mind...vent.

Actually, with some ghosts, begging and pleading for them to go away doesn't work either. blink.gif Sometimes they just "love" you too much to leave? My mother always told me if you didn't believe they'd leave you alone, but I find that kind of impossible to stop believing in them once you've had an encounter. I don't know, you could always try. My mother's kind of crazy, though - be warned.

heres something i did when my brothers house was being troubled by a ghost, he lives in a old military building, and was being annoyed by a ghost of a soldier, marching up and down outside on the porch, moving things making noises, and he had seen it on many occasions, suffice to say i suggested i try a pagan ritual to protect his house against unwanted entitys. so heres just a suggestion:

get yourself the following things

a white candle (write your name or carve your name on this)

a bowl of water not too big a desert bowl for exaple

a saucer of salt

sit down with the candle and the bowl of water and salt, light the candle and say "bless this candle with the power of god (if your pagan, goddess, gods or whatever you believe in)", dip you finger in the water and close your eyes imagining all your energy being transferred to it, and say the same thing again, do the same with the salt. add the salt to the water and say "water is the element of life and all that is holy, salt is the element of earth and all that is holy, where ever this is placed, protect me and my belongings from outside powers", then sprinkle this in all corners of your rooms each time saying "this is my will let it be done", leave the candle to burn out (you may want to mov this somewhere safe). and there its done. it worked for me and my brother, maybe give it a shot.

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

a white candle (write your name or carve your name on this)

a bowl of water not too big a desert bowl for exaple

a saucer of salt

sit down with the candle and the bowl of water and salt, light the candle and say "bless this candle with the power of god (if your pagan, goddess, gods or whatever you believe in)", dip you finger in the water and close your eyes imagining all your energy being transferred to it, and say the same thing again, do the same with the salt. add the salt to the water and say "water is the element of life and all that is holy, salt is the element of earth and all that is holy, where ever this is placed, protect me and my belongings from outside powers", then sprinkle this in all corners of your rooms each time saying "this is my will let it be done", leave the candle to burn out (you may want to mov this somewhere safe). and there its done. it worked for me and my brother, maybe give it a shot.

Blood angel, this appears to be very similar to the method of Divination supposedly used by Nostrodamus the prophet . I must say that I believe messing with these things can be dangerous , so please don't take offence when I ask you how you know this works ?

if you read the whole post, kismit, at the top i said that i used it to get rid of a apparent ghost that my brother had in his house, he has complained since so it must work, either to put the mind at ease knowing its not going to happen again(for instance it maybe that its imagination and it just needs to give them peace of mind) or it does work in protecting against spirits evil or otherwise.

all i can say is my brother hasn't had any trouble since, but i didn't know it came from nostrodamus, i was taught it by a witch friend of mine a few years back, and yes sometimes majik(but not this one seeing as its just a warding spell)is dangerous, and i advise caution, its just one of many solutions to this kind of situation. thumbsup.gif

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

p.s when exactly did i mention plumbing....?

p.s when exactly did i mention plumbing....?

Was it not you who mentionned taking a wiz on a ghost?

thats a negatory soldier, at no time did i suggest relieving ones self on a ghost although i do see the humor in such things...

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

thats a negatory soldier, at no time did i suggest relieving ones self on a ghost although i do see the humor in such things...

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

oh yeah...my bad.

It was diabolicaladefeudyfgwsuywfduxgiudgsyfush...

if you read the whole post, kismit, at the top i said that i used it to get rid of a apparent ghost that my brother had in his house, he has complained since so it must work, either to put the mind at ease knowing its not going to happen again(for instance it maybe that its imagination and it just needs to give them peace of mind) or it does work in protecting against spirits evil or otherwise.

O.K. the ritual itself as was rumoured to be performed by Nostradamus in honour of St Bridgitta (spelling may be off ) was supposed to be Pagan in origin . I don't doubt that the 2 stem from similar sources . I myself have done a variety of cleansing rituals and believe that 90% of the time it's all psychosematic it makes you feel more secure and so it works .

In this case though if the occurances are real , It's going to need more than a placebo which is what most ritualls appear to be . I personnally think the guy should get himself a video camera or 2 and get some footage cool.gif

I personnally think the guy should get himself a video camera or 2 and get some footage

Amen to that. I'm a great believer in trying to sort these things out 'temporally' rather than using one inexplicable thing to 'fix' another inexplicable thing. Why should a ghost pay attention to salinated water, particularly? Kismit is right, if these rituals work they do so purely as a matter of subjective belief - they do not work in any objectively verifiable sense. That's not to say that all spells are hokum, of course, but that a requisite for a given ritual to work is a belief that a given ritual will work - and when it works it does so through the conduit of the mind. I don't believe, for example, that however much you think it's going to work you can perform some ritual and change a blue object into a red object, or make it rain, or make somebody fall in love with you.

So I don't believe that Blood Angel's ritual will make the slightest iota of difference to the prescence of this ghost (if we're accepting that it is a ghost). It might however, make a difference in the mind of the person performing it - which could, of course, help.

As Kismit points out, however, a placebo only works if you're unaware that it's a placebo.

I agree with Aslan there - but i especialy agree with Kismit on the camera front.

Film it if you can, leave a webcam running and keep a diary of all events.

The main problem is with setting up a webcam is that there are so many fakes it defies logic....