Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Looting in New Orleans

joc

Last I heard looting was a shootable offence? I can understand looting for food and clthing for survival but removing High Def TV's and other electrical equipment etc.. is not acceptable.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Faeden

• Commander CMG

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Taking essentials for survival is acceptable. But I struggle to understand the mentality of people looting eletrical goods and jewellery etc when so many folk don't even a have a home left.....

However, there are currently far more urgent matters than stopping looting.....sad.gif

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Children's Hospital under siege

Tuesday, 11:45 p.m.

Late Tuesday, Gov. Blanco spokeswoman Denise Bottcher described a disturbing scene unfolding in uptown New Orleans, where looters were trying to break into Children's Hospital.

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 kids inside the hospital. The director said the hospital is locked, but that the looters were trying to break in and had gathered outside the facility.

The director has sought help from the police, but, due to rising flood waters, police have not been able to respond.

Bottcher said Blanco has been told of the situation and has informed the National Guard. However, Bottcher said, the National Guard has also been unable to respond.

From here: http://www.nola.com/newslogs/breakingtp/in..._08.html#075290

THIS is the stuff you guys should be outraged over, not some idiot stealing a TV.

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 kids inside the hospital. The director said the hospital is locked, but that the looters were trying to break in and had gathered outside the facility.

Now what the hell is that crap? angry.gif

Time to break out the high powered rifles! thumbsup.gif

Last I heard looting was a shootable offence?

818965[/snapback]

Only when the mob turns violent, IIRC.

819009[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. gunsmilie.gif

Now what the hell is that crap? angry.gif

819009[/snapback]

It is a sad state when your fellow neighbours are in need of help and all they can do is think about looting, I would shoot the lot of them.

I heard on the news that 'during' the hurricane, looting was going on in Biloxi, MS.

It is ironic that most likely all of those who were looting are now dead.

Taking essentials for survival is acceptable. But I struggle to understand the mentality of people looting eletrical goods and jewellery etc when so many folk don't even a have a home left.....

The mentality is: We Hate The Man...i.e., we hate white people, they have oppressed us and it is THEIR fault we live in the ghetto and are poor....we are just taking what is rightfully ours anyway...the White Man doesn't care if we live or die. It is a sad moment for the entire American African Community. It isn't because they are poor. It isn't because they are black. It is because they have filled their minds with Entitlement Propoganda Thinking...and where does that come from? Unfortunately from the "leaders" in Washington...Jesse Jackson and the like.

Stealing is stealing.

Police aren't gonna do anything. I couldn't either, I feel to sorry.

I have some friends in Bliouxi Mississippi, I still haven't heard antthing. hmm.gif

As most other people here have said, I feel that taking food/diapers/bottled water is a matter of survival. I saw some lady on the news pushing an antique armoire out of an antique shop and trying to make off with it.

Some cop got shot trying to stop looters and a woman cop who spotted some looters got beaten.

Guest Lottie

Hex_girl, I hope you hear from your friends soon hmm.gif .

Yep I agree with most on here. Taking food, water and personals like diapers and tampax etc I feel is neccessary for survival and hygiene and is understandable.

Stealing from people's homes and shops for televisions, jewellery, alcohol etc is completely unforgivable and inexcusable and a real kick in the balls for their fellow people who have lost everything.

Joc...

The mentality is: We Hate The Man...i.e., we hate white people, they have oppressed us and it is THEIR fault we live in the ghetto and are poor....we are just taking what is rightfully ours anyway...the White Man doesn't care if we live or die. It is a sad moment for the entire American African Community. It isn't because they are poor. It isn't because they are black. It is because they have filled their minds with Entitlement Propoganda Thinking...and where does that come from? Unfortunately from the "leaders" in Washington...Jesse Jackson and the like.

Your ignorance obviously hinders your thinking sleepy.gif Good thing President Bush took time off his vacation to respond to this catastrophe sad.gif He planned a meeting but that's not until later mad.gif Why haven't they dropped food, like they did in Iraq huh.gif

Oh yeah, President Bush was on vacation when it happened. This is a Sign of the Times. People will do crazy things to survive - it has nothing to do with COLOR .

Love and Light I send to thee, Me_Again

Edited by Me_Again

People will do crazy things to survive - it has nothing to do with COLOR .

If you will re-read my post you will see that I said it has nothing to do with color. It has to do with an Entitlement Mentality....and stealing plazma tvs and guns and jewelry has nothing to do with survival.

Why haven't they dropped food, like they did in Iraq

I guess you don't have a TV set and haven't seen any pictures of the area. It is flooded Me Again. And flooded with contaminated water...exactly where do you propose they drop anything? You are smarter than that but your blind hatred of Bush is getting in the way of higher thinking.

Unfortunately, this is an real world example of why having armed citizens is a good thing in a crisis. People who are having looters breaking to their home to rob them would be in a serious trouble without any sort of firearm for protection.

This whole situation just shows how low humans can sink... Breaking into a children's hospital to loot it and threatening the doctors and patients???! crying.gif This just absolutely depresses and enrages me. no.gif

Unfortunately, this is an real world example of why having armed citizens is a good thing in a crisis. People who are having looters breaking to their home to rob them would be in a serious trouble without any sort of firearm for protection.

The looters have guns, too, I think. blink.gif

And what the hell do they want in a hospital? They are obviously not that seriously wounded.

It keeps getting worse...

They don't even have anywhere to put the refugees, where are they going to put captured looters?

820342[/snapback]

Don't put them anywhere. If your going to steal for the sake of stealing and stealing from people who have lost everything, that includes Antique dealers and Appliance store owners. Then you don't deserve shelter. As Joc pointed out earlier it's Ironic how some of those who stayed back to loot will have a greater chance of being the ones who die. Don't support the society then don't be a part of the society.

The looters have guns, too, I think.  blink.gif

820344[/snapback]

And at least now some of the citizens will have a fighting chance until some order is restored.

I think this looting issue in the news is just more BS to feed us to keep our minds off of more imprtant topics like the effects of global warming and should share with us FEMA models of projected weather catastrophes to come and how our nation is to deal with them economically.

This Jerry Springer style news we watch today is all garbage.

Looting is a legal issue that will be dealt with by Louisiana authorities...no more news on that. Show more substantial topics(on the news).

I think this looting issue in the news is just more BS to feed us to keep our minds off of more imprtant topics like the effects of global warming and should share with us FEMA models of projected weather catastrophes to come and how our nation is to deal with them economically.

You think nothing of the sort...you are just trying to goad us. sleepy.gif

They don't even have anywhere to put the refugees, where are they going to put captured looters?

My first thought is to shoot them. But if you start shooting looters in New Orleans, the next thing that will happen is riots in Los Angelos, Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago...

I do however think that if anyone brandishes a weapon who is looting they should be shot dead...no questions.

If your going to steal for the sake of stealing and stealing from people who have lost everything, that includes Antique dealers and Appliance store owners. Then you don't deserve shelter.

thumbsup.gif

Looting has always been frowned upon and in some cases will get you killed but if I see them shoot people for getting necessities I will be one p***ed off American.

I agree.

This is a bit odd. On another thread someone is griping because the looting isn't being showed on the news ( or being strategically omitted, whatever ). On this thread the opinion is that looting shouldn't be an issue.

Some have said that its ok to steal what ever you need or want from the neighborhood shops but not from your neighbor himself. I wonder who's neighbor owns the stores being looted; some one has to own them. Aren't you still stealing from your neighbor?

You can bet that if looters tried to break into my home or place of business they would be met with my 12 gauge. Its one thing to steal bread and sodas; its another to steal HDTV's, DVD players and furniture. furniture! Where the hell are they going to put it? Some of these people are just stealing because they can.....

Edited by girty1600

I agree with shooting those stealing other things besides food and clothes. Hell, we all know we'd be stealing food to survive also.

Some of these people are just stealing because they can.....

I think it is entirely possible that many of these people didn't leave to begin with for the express purpose of looting afterward.

Some of these people are just stealing because they can.....

I think it is entirely possible that many of these people didn't leave to begin with for the express purpose of looting afterward.

820483[/snapback]

Unforunately, this is a logical deduction...however, we can't hold all person(s) that stayed behind to that perception...some of them simply don't have anywhere else to go...