Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How New Orleans Was Lost...

Me_Again

I still don't know why he sent in guns first? And not armed soldiers with atleast a few bits of food and some water. It was quite a few days after the event. **You could see people where without food and water, just by watching the News. I'm not saying it's his fault I'm just saying these things are puzzling me.

And the small lunatic fringe extends outward to the Australian Government and the right winged Kiwi media.

Is it true that George Bush is going to head the enquiry into what went wrong? I know there are two other independent inquiries taking place it will be interesting to see what happens.

Federal government? isn't that like a State Government? Isn't that like asking the wounded to heal themselves? If the federal government cannot communicate effectivly with it's constuency isn't it's responsiblity to aproach national Government for help and aid.

That maybe where things went wrong, we have to find out who the sod is in Intel that seems to be stuffing up the messages at the top.*

* see first paragraph, I am beffuddled.

Kismit, I know it's hard to understand...it's difficult for me, too.

But, the federal government cannot go in without the okay of the state government. hmm.gif LarryOldtimer's posts explain it better than I ever could.

Rumors are running rampant about the police shooting people that were stealing food??? hmm.gif Well, I can tell you, from the people that I have talked to, the POLICE were stealing food to distribute to the survivers. crying.gif

Larry that is an American poll, voted by mostly Americans unsure.gif Of course it will be that way, Bush and his media usage has convinced many, as he knows how easy the public are to manipulate. Take a look at polls from around the rest of the world.

Here is one typical example of polls being conducted around the world from sky news

Did Bush do enough to help hurricane victims? Yes 14.98% (1,158 votes) No 85.01% (6,571 votes)

Hurricane: Did Bush act quick enough? Yes 17.16% (2,443 votes) No 82.83% (11,788 votes) Take a look at other countries polls they are all around the same number, some even more against him.

All the best

Faeden

Larry that is an American poll, voted by mostly Americans  unsure.gif Of course it will be that way, Bush and his media usage has convinced many, as he knows how easy the public are to manipulate.

832390[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif

American's seeing how American's are being treated... but that isn't good enough for you? For a countries problems you drag the world into it for some odd reason... funny... do you support NWO, Faeden? blink.gif

Then it goes to "Bush and his media" that made me laugh ---> laugh.gif see? Bush does it all, and you know what with your logic I am going to curse out Bush for burning myself on my soup yesterday. thumbsup.gif

disgust.gif Faeden, you are not the one dealing with thousands of displaced, homeless people like I am!!!!!!!! I hear the real stories, unlike you, spreading propaganda.

NO OFFENSE, but, bite my ass!

Edited by Michelle

Kratos are you saying Bush doesn’t use the media for his own means and to try and boost his ratings? Come on have a think about it, all politicians do it, its just that Bush does it in the most obvious and shameful way known.

Remember I do not blame Bush for the hurricane, I blame him for not acting how the most powerful man in the world should have acted. When I see him on the news hugging kids, I get offended, as I know he doesn’t care one bit about them, he is doing it all for show.

All the best

Faeden

Remember I do not blame Bush for the hurricane, I blame him for not acting how the most powerful man in the world should have acted. When I see him on the news hugging kids, I get offended, as I know he doesn’t care one bit about them, he is doing it all for show.

Are you also blaming the Mayor for not evacuating all those people to begin with? Are you also blaming the Governor of Louisiana for not calling in the National Guard until it was too late? hmm.gif

No offence taken Michelle, I have come to expect it from you.

I am truly glad you are doing things to help them, I wish I could, but unfortunately I live in the UK, I felt helpless when I saw it happening, and still do, I also don’t like to talk about what I do charity wise, as I do not think its to be advertised.

I got too see a lot of what happened on the UK news programs, who are more willing to show things your not shown in America, although our news channels are going along the lines of Fox, and trying to cover what the authorities do not want you to see, so that they can control public opinion.

All the best

Faeden

Joc I blame the American authorities period, they all did a great job at cocking it up as best they could together.

the federal government cannot go in without the okay of the state government.

This appears to be where one of the biggest problems seems to have been. The federal government was not capable of getting that message out. They were ravaged. In cases like this (in my opinion anyway) the men at the national level need to say, 'hang that for a joke, bugger legislation, these are real people in real danger, we should start making the necisary arrangements now, just incase. Things do look pretty grim'

And I still don't know whay the soldiers where not sent in with food an water as well as guns.

And Props to the Policeman and The Fireman and the Medical staff who were/are there and also to volunteers working toward a solution as well as thoughs of you who have donated even in some small way to a worthy cause.

Faeden,

I can see that you are stating your opinion but unless you tone it down substantially, I will be forced to slip into mod mode. And I am not afraid to use the pointy stick.

Hi Kismit

its odd how people can say things like "bite my ass" and call me "the lowest form of life" and "scumbag" and its over looked, yet I am picked on for having strong opinions. I cant change how I think Kismit its me, and I wont change me for anyone. I will try and look for more ways to maybe put it in a way that is not going to anger someone that might think differently than me.

Pointy sticks are fine, I need a prod now and again, but why am I picked on when I am not doing name calling, and personal insults, I do not understand, again I am no angel here, but there are people braking the rules here a lot worse than I, and it goes unnoticed.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

That's what happens when you don't blend in with the conservative fanatics : thumbsup.gif

Hi Faeden,

If somebody is calling you the lowest form of life or something similar, let me know and they will be dealt with appropriately. A lot of time folks assume that each mod reads every single post and that just doesn't happen considering the overwhelming amount of posts we can get on an average day; it is easy to miss stuff.

That is why it is helpful for folks to report posts or to PM a mod that is on at that time to look at things and take action if need be.

yet I am picked on for having strong opinions

I don't think anyone is 'picking' on you...hate...is not an opinion...an opinion is rooted in logical or illogical thought process...hate is not a thought process...it is because of your 'hate speech' that you get the negative responses that you do.

Hi Faeden,

If somebody is calling you the lowest form of life or something similar, let me know and they will be dealt with appropriately. A lot of time folks assume that each mod reads every single post and that just doesn't happen considering the overwhelming amount of posts we can get on an average day; it is easy to miss stuff.

That is why it is helpful for folks to report posts or to PM a mod that is on at that time to look at things and take action if need be.

832550[/snapback]

Hi Fluffbunny

I have only used the report option a few times, I feel like a whiner, or a tell tale using it. I know maybe I should. as that is what it is for. Maybe I should just shut up, I obviously anger people to the point of rage hmm.gif

All the best

Faeden

Joc Perhaps I should just love what I do not like just so I don’t offend others with a different opinion to me and be untrue to myself? even though its against my natural thought.

I actually get a lot of PMs thanking me for my posts, and that they agree with me, so I know its not all people, I suppose its good to know I am not despised by everyone original.gif You know I hate war more than you can ever know, sometimes I feel like I can only be a good guy if I support it. Sorry I am going off topic.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

That is what the button is there for; that is what the mods are there for.

Just as long as folks are using the reports to point out rules violations(name calling being one of many), we are always willing to take care of it. It only gets old when people report silly things (He spelled a word wrong...He has a different opinion than I do; can you delete his post? it really happens) that really aren't something that we can do anything about...

Keep it in mind.

That is what the button is there for; that is what the mods are there for.

Just as long as folks are using the reports to point out rules violations(name calling being one of many), we are always willing to take care of it. It only gets old when people report silly things (He spelled a word wrong...He has a different opinion than I do; can you delete his post? it really happens) that really aren't something that we can do anything about...

Keep it in mind.

832573[/snapback]

Hi fluffbunny

Yes, but I am not calling people names, and I am getting threatened with warnings, that is what I am confused about.

All the best

Faeden

I'll tell you Faeden that its really not about your personal views per say. It is about CONSTANTLY highjacking threads. And I suppose its not just about that. It is also about the constant depravity that you resort to. I seriously do not have a problem with people not liking or agreeing with the "War on Terror" or our President. But when it is simply CONSTANT and I mean constant direct and indirect blatant personal attacks, insults, condemnation and photoshopped images it gets old. If you have a genuine problem with something specific then you should address it like that. Address the actual transgression not resort to generalized comments like calling world leaders "stupid" or an "idiot" or even "oh the whole world hates him". That sort of behavior will not help anyone anywhere. And it will not solve anything. But keep it up if you just want to insult and p*** people off.

I guess to sum it up, is that I have a problem with generalized personal attacks or insulting negative imagery without backing it up with anything (clear examples or facts?). Especially when its done on threads that do not have anything to do with your insults or attacks (highjacking). And like I said before, its not about agreeing with Bush or the War but it is how you make your comments. An example would be if you just come out and say "Bush is an idiot and his followers are sheep Baaaaaaaa baaaaaaaa." WTF is that crap? And its not just you either. There are many here who resort to that sort of illogical BS all the time. Hell I welcome putting leaders in their place when they screw up. But christ, do it in a constructive manner. Address the issues and say "oh now that was stupid, he is an idiot for doing that", or something like that. It is a lot better then generalized blanket statements that condemn Bush and anyone that voted for him. And you know what would be even better is to actually tell us all how you would have handled a specific problem that you feel was not handled right. Offer some alternatives for christs sake. And I apologize if I hurt your feelings and to the Mods and especially Saruman for soiling his site with less then kind remarks.

Edited by Dan'O

Dan'O

You think I am hijacking a thread whenever I comment, because my comments enrage you so much. I am just stating my opinion, you have the ignore option.

I think Bush is a idiot, why cant I say that? If Bush was a member to this site I would reframe from calling him it, but he is not. You know I admit I might be rude on here sometimes, but the difference is I do not get so angry at complete strangers I do not even know to the extent that I call member of this site names.

You seem very angry Dan its just a forum.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Holy **** its like you didn't even read my post.

"You think I am hijacking a site whenever I comment, because my comments enrage you so much."

Where in my post did I say that? Did you actually read and comprehend anything in there? I am not going to go into reading comprehension levels now...

Well just forget I posted it then. I was trying to help.

Well, as Dr. Phil isn't a moderator here, I don't see any reason to go on with a discussion that is so far outside the thread topic.

Perhaps you could carry on these concerns via PM's?

Thanks.

Holy **** its like you didn't even read my post.

"You think I am hijacking a site whenever I comment, because my comments enrage you so much."

Where in my post did I say that? Did you actually read and comprehend anything in there? I am not going to go into reading comprehension levels now...

Well just forget I posted it then. I was trying to help.

832668[/snapback]

If you look I corrected it before you resounded to it, it was a mistake, I meant thread not site. I read your post perfectly. Sorry Fluffy ill shut up now...

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Joc I blame the American authorities period, they all did a great job at cocking it up as best they could together.

Really? Haven't heard a mention of any authorities other than Bush. What did the Mayor do or not do that you blame? What did the Gov. do or not do?

Yeah, it's real easy to say...I blame the American authorities period...but you haven't mentioned anyone else...just Bush, Bush, Bush.