Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Curses & Hexes

Guest Guest

Hi everyone.Well I would like to know what most of you think of curses?Once there was a man who cursed a doctor because the doctor would not prescribe him morphine for his addiction.Now that man by the name of Aleister, said that when he would died he would take the doctor with him.So the day Mr.Aleister died,the doctor was killed by an injury to his head. Coincidence or what?

Of course the case of King Tut curse is very well known.

When that tomb was first open in 1922,those on the excavation team were extremely ill or died within three months.

Now isn'it weird that a curse can be stored for a long period of time and then when the right time comes,it release it's power.

Is this a coincidence or the work of a ghost? Ben.

• 8 months later...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamie

• SpaceyKC

• Magikman

• Mr-X

I believe in Curses.  Here is another curse that is pretty strange.  The curse of Bruce and Brandon Lee.  There was said to be a curse put on the males in the Lee family.  I believe they were cursed.  Otherwise their deaths were strange coincidences.  What do you think?

Jamie

Did you notice the person's name who started this thread?

When I first heard about Brandon's death, which I thought was so tragic(he was playing with a gun?),he was so young-and then realized he was Bruce Lee's son, I really thought their family has tragedies like the Kennedys.

Does anyone know if Brandon had any children?  Or if Bruce had any other children? Didn't he have a daughter? If so, did she have any sons, and would it affect them, you think?(If so, I hope they've been spared) :-/

I know that there was a daughter.  I dont know if she had any kinds or not.  I was looking it up earlier and I coulndt find anything on her.  If she did have any buys the curse would effect them though.  Im pretty sure Brandon didnt have any children.  

• 1 month later...

Man, don't we all wish that were true! ;D :P

The curse of king of King Tut is pretty easy to explain - germs. His tomb was undisturbed for thousands of years and it wasn't air tight so germs would of been breeding down in that little place for thousands of years which might explain why the first people to open the tomb got sick.

I don't know if anyone's familir with this article or not, but I'll post it anyway:

Media Watch - King Tut's Curse 'A Killer Bug'

French scientist Sylvian Gandon has published a study supporting the theory of a curse on the tomb - in the form of a killer bug that

somehow has survived for thousands of years.

The tomb of the legendary boy king, who ruled from the age of nine until his mysterious death at 20, was found in Egypt's Valley of the

Kings in 1922 by archaeologist Howard Carter.

Lord Carnarvon, who funded the work, was the first person to enter the tomb and fell ill soon after and died in Cairo. A

mosquito-borne disease was blamed officially, but many felt he had incurred the wrath of the pharaohs by disturbing the dead and

removing Tutankhamen's treasures.

Now Dr Gandon's work, just published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society, suggests the earl may have been killed by microbes

so virulent that they survived about 3000 years.

The study does not find whether the killer bug found its way into the burial chamber by accident or was placed there intentionally.

But I also believe that the germs have very little conection to the actual curse. How would that explain Cairo's power suddenly turning off?  :o

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

i agree with the germs theory.the tomb would be packed wall to wall with germs.although, as a recent documentary on tutunkamun said....  according to howard carter, the original door had been opened and resealed.it is also believed, that carter and some of his collegues actually broke into the the first chamber, and took some small artifacts.this was to make sure the tomb hadn't been robbed before a grand unveiling.this is true because it was found on carters table in carter castle.(ironic hey!) under one of the cat ornaments, there was a hole in the wall that leaded to the next chamber.this was made by tomb robbers.eventually, when the actual tomb was found...the seal of tutunkamun (a rope) wasn't broken, so maybe a curse could exist, but i'm highly skeptical.all that time inside of the tomb would make you a target for an ancient germ.this is my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

My mother told my sister during a rather ruff patch .I hope you have a child just like you... well several years later she had twin girls and at least one seems to  be heading down the same roads .. curse or not I ask you.