Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
ufobuffatl

ufo's

14 posts in this topic

Why is it that a majority of the ufo sightings are in close proximity to military bases?

alien.gif

I had a friend here in Atlanta that used to tell me that Ufo's came from underwater. He claimed that off of San Diego he saw a UFO come right out of the water and use the sky as a portol.

Actually from what i have heard through the grape vine...there are bases that are simply a "diversion" from the "real" bases that have classified operations. I have heard that one can walk onto these bases without any real problems...but you can get in major trouble for doing so. They keep the security tighter at the diversion bases because it is human nature to want to get to what is forbidden...thus the military is safe to do whatever it wishes on the bases that aren't "forbidden".

Well one explaination that many ufo sightings are seen near Military bases could be due to military tests on aircraft/missiles (whether or not you believe they use stolen/borrowed alien technology - something i personally don't believe in)

Another could be that the ufos could be monitoring our military.

I'm far more in favour for the former reason - remember a UFO isn't necessarily an alien piloted craft, it is only something flying which we can't identify.

All that said does anybody know of any studies on the ratio between UFO sightings near bases to those which are not?

I'm far more in favour for the former reason - remember a UFO isn't necessarily an alien piloted craft, it is only something flying which we can't identify.

Bullseye !

Perhaps it is just simple coincidence. Military bases are in areas where people live so it is quite justifiable that people see things around them. It is also important to remember that they seem them around power stations, water treatment plants, parks, stadiums and a variety of other regular civic buildings.

if they go over military bases, then if it is extraterrestrial then they must have a reason to moniter major population centers as well.

like i implied in my comment above i'm not that convinced that the majority of ufo sightings are near military bases, i've not seen a study on this - also how far is 'near'. If 40 - 50 miles is 'near' then you could say that all the ufo sightings in the UK are 'near' to the sea, as no point is further than 40-50 miles from the coast.

there has been an incident which some say rivals that of roswell in america. some troops on patrol saw strange lights in the sky. the next night the military police come in with the report that they were "chasing ufos all night". they sent snipers and crap into the forest the next day to investigate. they saw three perfect circles, indented into the earth at the exact same elevation. the sarge wrote it off as "birds nesting, rabits burrowing". one night a marine that was there was arguing w/ the sarge about the whole thing, when all of a sudden a beam of light that, not like ordinary light, went straight down instead of spreading out, fell at their feet. since america was on the brink of war w/ the soviet union, some troops started freaking out. one sniper/ militar policeman was at his post when he saw some movement in the forest. they imediatly deployed 3 scouts to check it out. there was an audio and a video camera (which was confiscated) to record the experience. they were crouching among bushes when they sighted a red saucer shaped object. all of a sudden it began dripping, like molten metal. it moved towards our heros, whom opened fire. the intense fire caused it to break into five seperate white pieces, which soon disappeared. the military was so disturbed by the video that they destroyed it, but allowed the tape to be played on the history channel. which was kinda freaky. so apparently not only do ufos like to moniter bases from a distance, they have no problem breaching high secerity facilities (and getting blown up).

u101 - do you have a URL describing this incident?

i saw it on tv, the history channel. it was a show called, "ufo's, then and now". i bet there is another website covering the incident, i'll find it.

ive seen ufos then and now..but dont recal seeing that segment...hurry up and find that link!

did you see the one covering roswell? i think it was on that one... and then there was another one about a bunch of lights diving into the sea and surfacing on the beach....

user posted image