Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US military preying upon the vulnerable!

Faeden

MILITARY RECRUITMENT - 9/7 JOB FAIR IN THE ASTRODOME

NO SCAVENGING THE GULF COAST CRISIS TO BOOST THE DEPLETED RANKS OF THE MILITARY!

Stop the military from preying upon the vulnerable! Come educate youth dislocated from their lives and communities – facing homelessness, joblessness and often hopelessness – about the false promises of recruiters!

Doling out food to the hungry crowds overflowing Houston’s Astrodome, the National Guard has engaged in ad hoc recruiting in recent days. Tomorrow, September 7, 2005, the U.S. military is conducting a Job Fair in the Astrodome in a blatant effort to exploit the despair of masses of Americans evacuated from the Gulf Coast. Once signed up, even if purportedly to reconstruct their region, they could easily find themselves deployed to Iraq, left with medical coverage for only two for only combat-related injury and the expectations for training eviscerated. And if they sign up on the promise of temporary relief, they could find themselves bound for extended tours of duty. Download info from the formidable Counter-Recruitment resources on the United for Peace and Justice site. united for peace and justice.org. Come and speak truth to empower! Call for a real jobs program which employs people to reconstruct the entire Gulf Coast region for the benefit of those in need, not to pander to corporate greed!

Point people in Houston: Bill Crosier, Progressive Actino Alliance 713-641-1941 paa@crozierbiomed.com

Renee Fletz, News Director KPFT 713-526-4000

Omowale Luthuli, Office of the Commissioner, Precinct One 713-678-7385

Beloup Parker, S.H.A.P.E. Community Center 713-521-0629

Shana, New Orleans Network/League of Pi**ed Off Voters shana@indyvoter.org

Source

Edited by Faeden

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faeden

• Jodie.Lynne

• joc

• Nadia B.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hots and a cot...and an M-16...

I would just like to state I posted this how I found it, I do not know if this is 100% accurate, but it would not surprise me one little bit if it was.

All the best

Faeden

If its true, it sounds like an exploitation just to get recruits which is sad. I dont think thats the time and place to be doing that as people are still grieving and dealing with issues and shock of everything being ripped away from them. Have they no compassion. That act seems a bit insensitive to me.

Edited by ajagsfairy

Ya sounds just like the thing to do coming from Bush. I mean it's more recruits for his not needed war. What about the familys that the medical don't cover and such? That's the lowest Bush could go...

Giving people jobs is bad? It wasn't only the recruiters of the National Guard... other businesses are there to. It's called a job fair! Bet you were to blind with hatred to see the owner of the car lot from AZ giving out jobs. happy.gif

OOOoOOoo EVIL! DANG THEM FOR HELPING!

Damn those military types for sneaking into a job fair with respectable employers and trying to get recruits that could be trained in a myriad of skill sets!

Damn them all to heck.

I just love it when folks say "I'm not biased or anything, but......"

Damn those military types for sneaking into a job fair with respectable employers and trying to get recruits that could be trained in a myriad of skill sets!

Damn them all to heck.

834414[/snapback]

I posted this up as I found it interesting, it is protesting that the army are there looking for recruits from people that are venerable, shouldn’t they be jobs that will help the towns be rebuilt? You don’t have to be in the army to do that.

For those of you in "The Steel circle" please read the following link, if you have not done so already.

To ALL Steel Circle Members

All the best

Faeden

Damn them all to heck.

834414[/snapback]

I posted this up as I found it interesting, it is protesting that the army are there looking for recruits from people that are venerable, shouldn’t they be jobs that will help the towns be rebuilt? You don’t have to be in the army to do that.

For those of you in "The Steel circle" please read the following link, if you have not done so already.

To ALL Steel Circle Members

All the best

Faeden

834425[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif at both comments. thumbsup.gif

There not forcing the people in the Army as you are suggesting. Sure, those people lost it all but they need jobs and money to support a family. A short term enlistment in the Armed Forces would help them a lot. AGAIN there were other people there besides Armed Forces, so it is by choice. yes.gif

As for the other comment, "All the best" yourself buddy. thumbsup.gif Just because a warning shot is fired doesn't mean we can't voice our opinions against your blind hatred. happy.gif

I am aware of the pinned thread Faeden. I've already stated my position on it.

Do you really want to keep playing that card every time a member of the SC disagrees with you? And do you really want to keep bringing it up publicly?

But many people join the army Kratos when they are desperate, I just do not think it is a very good time to be trying to get people to join now.

All the best

Faeden

Guys, just stop the bickering back and forth; that goes for everybody.

The topic of this thread is the US Military recruiting in the wake of Katrina, and not who is more of a butthead boogerface. Everyone is aware of my earlier post regarding the PM, and there is no need to bring it up again.

Leave the hostilities behind and stay on topic.

Thank You

Hi JMPD1

No I reply to people who disagree with me, but I put up the link because it was obvious there is a lot of hate for me here, by mostly "The steel Circle" folk, they are not just disagreements, its a vendetta.

All the best

Faeden

But many people join the army Kratos when they are desperate, I just do not think it is a very good time to be trying to get people to join now.

All the best

Faeden

834438[/snapback]

As many folks have lost their homes and their jobs(hell, everything they owned), the military is not such a bad option of they are of that mind.

If a person never wanted to join, the offer will not change their mind in the least. If a young person was on the fence in regards to joining, it might push them towards joining. Either way no one is forced to do so; it is always optional.

Is it in poor taste? probably. Is it illegal? no. It offers a chance for folks that are in need to be able to provide for themselves and their families. As our country really isn't like the UK, we have little support for displaced people. There will be some support, but we do not have the social systems that you do.

Some of the people will have insurance and will be able to recoup some of the losses that they have experienced, but a small percentage. Most people will not have insurance, and will have also lost their jobs. Yes there will be a few thousand dollars given to the folks displaced, but that is just a drop in the barrel when you have to start over again.

It is an option that could help people in a bad situation.

A fact of life is that the vast majority of people who join the military do so because they don't really have many other options. I think it is a good way to get people interested in thinking about joining the military. Joining the military is not a BAD thing to do. It is an excellent thing to do. And people who have lost everything, have no where to go, and nothing hopeful to look forward to can 'rebuild' their lives from scratch and serve their country at the same time....I think it is marvelous and I hope they are very successful.

I'll bet many of these folk never even seriously considered joining the military. thumbsup.gif

Hi FluffyBunny

I suppose the army is better than no job, If I was there though I think I would have joined one of the other companies, ones that will be about helping the local areas, such as building contractors, and getting the electricity and fresh water going again, there has to be many qualified people that can take up these positions. I think the army, should be doing what they are doing now, and make sure other deaths are minimal, and get the people out of the toxicized places, but that is short term, there are jobs that are going to take years.

You have a good balanced view on things, its nice to see.

All the best

Faeden

I suppose the army is better than no job, If I was there though I think I would have joined one of the other companies, ones that will be about helping the local areas, such as building contractors, and getting the electricity and fresh water going again, there has to be many qualified people that can take up these positions.

Are you even living in the real world? There are not any people in New Orleans to join anything. And even if there were you can't just 'join' a company. You have to be hired.

You suppose the army is better than no job? I guess you are unaware of the Army slogan: We do more before 9:00am than most people do all day. No one at the job fair has a chance of getting a real job anywhere.

If I wasnt' over the age limit .. I have pondered how much I could give by joining the U.S. Military myself... I guess I will have to live it through my sister in law.. she is in the U.S Airforce .. and she is proud of it! thumbsup.gif

Joc I was talking about the people being recruited at the astral Dome thing.

You do realize, that they are there to recruit, not 'press gang' people right?

There are no soldiers holding guns to peoples heads making them sign up, right?

The way you claim it, folks are being lined up and sworn in. It doesn't work like that. Just to let you know.

good journey

Joc I was talking about the people being recruited at the astral Dome thing.

It is the AstroDome. All of these people in the AstroDome in Houston, came there from the SuperDome in New Orleans.

Look Faeden, I don't dislike you. I think that you are a real nice guy. I know that may surprise you but I really do. I think that you are just a bit misguided. I don't think you hate America. I do think you hate Bush...but I understand. It is 'popular' in your part of the world to hate him. And that's okay. I'm not really concerned about that anymore...you have your opinion or whatever and it is very unpopular with a lot of Americans. So beit. I would love for you to come to Texas. I couldn't afford to get you here...nor could I afford to house and feed you. But I would certainly show you the Dallas area and how things 'really' work in America. I realize it is all second hand information for someone who has never been here. You would absolutely love Texas. It is like a whole different country all by itself. And I was just kidding about New York being the center and capital of the World....everyone knows that recognition only goes to Dallas! thumbsup.gifOr is it Houston? Austin? San Antonio?

Edited by joc

Does Texas Have a Capital? grin2.gif

Y'all Texicans are all right.

You do realize, that they are there to recruit, not 'press gang' people right?

There are no soldiers holding guns to peoples heads making them sign up, right?

The way you claim it, folks are being lined up and sworn in.  It doesn't work like that.  Just to let you know.

good journey

834502[/snapback]

JP is correct as the the ex-wife of a Navy Officer, I think some people on here just say any thing with out really thinking about what it is they just said, This 2005 people if you don't want to join no will hold a gun to your and make you. rolleyes.gif

I have no problem with the military recruting down there. Why not? And I as a Veteran have my medical care including prescriptions taken care of free of charge and it is not service related problems. thumbsup.gif

post-23279-1126238452.jpg