Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's Scariest Places - UK Horizons tonight

NessyK

:sd

I posted this in the wrong place, so I'll repeat it here:

World's Scariest Places - UK Horizons Weds

« on: Feb 20th, 2002, 10:00pm »  Quote  Modify  Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should have let you all in on this little gem (if you weren't already aware of it that is) a little while ago.  Do you remember that Game show Fear?  Well, this seems to be by the same people and each week it goes to some pretty weird and spooky places around the world.  This week they were in the Catacombs of Paris.  Although it is illegal to enter them without permission, people do - they are called Catophiles.  There are over 400 miles of tunnels under Paris and during the 1780s all the bones from the cemetaries were emptied into them.  One such Catophile was exploring some 280 feet beneath the streets of Paris and came across a video camera which had been dropped by someone exploring the tunnels.  They camera showed the person getting very agitated until in sheer terror they dropped the camera and ran off.  Noone knows if he ever escaped alive...  

That was this week's show, I thoroughly recommend you catch it next week

UK Horizons on Digital, 10.00 p.m. Wednesdays - well worth a gander!  

It's tonight!

:sd  :sd  :sd  :s9

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crosis

• dean-g

• Rog3D

• NessyK

Thanks for that, sounds excellent.  ;) ... but, Noooooo ... im gonna miss it! ... will it be on next week too NessK? ... ill get the Video set for it if it is!

Thanks!  :)

-Rog.

I saw it. They're dragging this Chillingham Castle thing out way too far. A last week we saw the family, yesterday we saw them come over and enter. Hopefully next week we'll actually see them scared ****less.

The best part of the program yesterday was the mental asylum where the exact location couldn't be revealed because of it's gruesome past. Who do you think that person was in the morgue?

Either a homeless person or a member of the crew(To add a bit of spice to the vestcam footage :s01 :s3 :s4 :s5).

My money is on the crew member  :sg

• 2 weeks later...

I (like Paraportal) have been following The World's Scariest Places  :s4 on UK Horizons eagerly awaiting the episode that cover's Chillingham Castle. For a couple of week's now they have set the stage with stories of woe and colourful/horrific names for the areas within Chillinghams ground's.

What a set up just to make it good TV viewing. I done Chillingham Castle last August with a friend for a nationwide magazine. The really horrific thing is the cost...... £600+  :s01 for a single night in a 5 person apartment (paid by the mag editor).

If anybody goes to Chillingham beware of the courtyard, it's extemely slippery under foot because of a fine layer of moss on the sandstone slab's.

I wont lie there are ghost's at Chillingham but nothing horrific or life threatening (4 kids between the ages of 4 and 8 in the museum, 2 middle aged men and a woman in her late 30's).

The castle itself is full of clutter, items that dont belong and thing's to add to the eeriness of the place. Truth is, everything is staged for the paying public, right down to the plastic scull beneath the supposive dungeon.

:sn  :s2

OH! and by the way.......The magazine dropped the report because it was verified that what I said the following were originally turned out to be correct......dungeon (meat store), torture chamber (stable) museum (nursery). And of course it would of done away with the reputation of it been one of The World's Scariest Places. ;D

If that's the same show they had over here (where they show people/families staying the night in a scary place),  then did anyone see the family who had to stay in Dracula's castle?  That had to be a fearful time,  because of all the poor souls who were tortured(most were impaled on stakes) and killed!  One of the teenagers got physically sick!  If you are the least bit sensitive to the cruelty,  you will be deeply affected. (IMHO)    :s4