Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An odd question...

FarvLarion

My friend and I have gotten ourselves into an odd fix, where our personal ideas and thoughts have lost meaning as we sat across from each other in the local Denny's and argued this point till our faces turned beat red.  Now, here's the fun question of the day, who here thinks that, (Inside a truck with an extended bed may I add...), having candles, incence and rose peddles laying about when making performing simple biological functions would create a more romantic enviroment for the two of you?  Personally, I am all for this, being that I love candles, incence and roses, but, as stated before, one person's opinions might not make it too far when everyone else might not like that idea, (especially the one that's in the truck with you...).

Hopefully, you've made it down to this point before calling me crazy and whatnot, but, with the best intentions, I would love to hear everyone's ideas on this, perhaps I could win one argument over my friend for once.

Farv Michael Larion   :sj

I think I'm insane, but the thought seems to evade me for some reason...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarvLarion

• PurpleStuart

• SpaceyKC

• GIZZIE

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the candles and incense i'm all for (there is much candles and incense in my house, but i'm a goth - go figure  ;D )

Anyway i believe the source of this dilemma can be summed up in one word: "Truck".

I have yet to hear a convincing sentence which holds both the words "truck" and "romantic" without there being a negative hanging about there somewhere.

Does that help?  

I agree with PS about the truck.....unless it's an open bed pick-up,  and you've got it backed up to face the ocean,  on a clear,  starry night.  That might work.

(that way you might spot a ufo!)   :sa

Well, I thought about the open bed truck, but then again, I thought that having a cap on the back could, increase privacy...  But, as for gazing at the stars, or over an ocean, or even watching for UFO's, I suppose we could go without the cap...

In reply to your post I would add:

An unexplained mystery:

Why are Ozzie men so GORGEOUS (seriously gorgeous),but so unromantic - A truck ?????!!!!!!

It reminds me of the Fosters lager advert, where the "boys" are having a do and their pickup collapses with the weight of their "tinnies", so..................they take the one bottle of sherry out for the "ladies".

I have many friends in OZ (I love your open and laid back/horizontal approach to life, the same as the Dutch) but, call me old fashioned if you like, you are seriously lacking on the romance front.

What are candles and incense for - to smoke her out?

Hi all,  :)

This seems to be a catch-all thread for odd questions, so I'll ask mine here. Anyone know where I can find 'plums' at a wholesale price?

Fruit  :s02

In the back of FarvLarion's truck from the sound of it  :s2

Candles, incense and rose petals (as long as they are fresh, not dried) sound really nice. But the truck...I don't think so. I think of our truck and the things we have hauled in it. YUK...the worst being cow manure. Also, I think it would be much more romantic in a soft bed, with lots of comfy pillows and silky, satiny sheets. Soft, romantic music would be nice too.   :s7

Dalia

Sorry gotta disagree with most of you.

In my, not too small, experience I found that impulsiveness is, not only more romantic, but more exciting.

With impulse there is no preconception and, therefore, no dissillusion after.  :sg

Ahh, but i think as FarvLarion was asking about incence and candles etc that implies planning, not impulse.

Sheff, you are right though, exciting and impulsive definately has it's place  :sg

Yes, Impulse is a good thing, but I did mean something planned.  I like the soft bed idea, that could work instead of waking up the next day with a back ache the size of Alaska.  But, ahhh, as for spontinuity, I was never one for just doing something right off the bat, I always have to have plans for everything I do, like vacations, my friend and I make very highly detailed ideas for what to do and even plan it down to the minute, (Well ten minutes.).