Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fall asleep fast techniques.

Pharoah

It takes me hours of tossin' and turnin'.

How do ya fall asleep FAST? grin2.gif

Any specific foods to eat before bed or somethin'? Thanks! original.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pharoah

• The Silver Thong

• darkbreed

• carrot sprite

yeah i always have a hard time going to sleep....

but what i've heard is not to do anything that would get your mind going. and also not to eat anything for about two hours before you go to sleep, especially nothing with caffeine or sugar. best idea would probably just be to hang out and relax or exercise a little bit and then wait a couple hours before going to bed.

then again, i have trouble too, so i guess my advice isn't very useful haha.

grin2.gif

I'd think that drinkin' warm milk before bed would help calm ya down O_o. Or atleast for babies.

Also, soaking your feet in hot water drains the blood from your brain, making you think less, therefore calming you down more.

grin2.gif

really? wow... maybe i should lay off soaking my feet. hopefully then i could raise my math grade! lol!

i take a warm bath a lot of times when i need to relax. helps a lot.

really? wow... maybe i should lay off soaking my feet. hopefully then i could raise my math grade! lol!

i take a warm bath a lot of times when i need to relax. helps a lot.

852177[/snapback]

I haven't really tried this, but I heard someone say that they imagine themselves slowly sinking into a hot tub. Just relax, clear your mind, and imagine the warm water going up your feet, legs, waist, then by the time it gets to your head, you're usually asleep.

Since my mind is always going and I'm always thinking about things (prevents me from sleeping sometimes) I usually just think of myself doing something I enjoy or something relaxing and I will usually fall asleep like that.

Edited by Speed_Demon1965

That relaxes me, lol. Pharoah, have you tried chamomile tea? No caffiene? Supposedly that works. If not, you can resort to sleeping pills.

Edited by Yelekiah

Watch TV. I fall asleep to the TV every night, and believe me it works. It is calming and clears your mind. It focuses your mind on only one thing, the TV. This helps me go to sleep faster. If I didnt have the TV my mind would be racing and I would never get to sleep. no.gif

It is quite simple really, I just count backward from 100, sometimes I never make it past the sixties, this also works to ease the pain one may be having during things like physical therapy, dental work etc. try it.

lilwolf

Having once been an insomniac I learnt a technique akin to yoga that serves to put me in dream land within a few minutes.

Listen to the breathing of someone sound asleep and you will notice a pattern of rhythmic breathing, now attempt to mimic the same pattern in your own breathing. Your brain will recognize to slow repetitive action and will simply turn it self off.

Good luck

Irish

Sadly, I have tried all the things mentioned above and they do not work for me no.gif My insomnia can be quite bad sometimes. Temazepam (Restoril), bromazepam(Lectopam), or diazepam(Valium) are my options for uninteruped sleep sadly

Thats a good idea Wolf (coutin' backwards from 100).

I wonder who in the world came up with the idea of counting sheep. IT DOESN'T WORK. sad.gif

Also, try feeling like you are 'floating' off your bed. Lift your body as much as you can; it feels wierd and sorta gets ya to sleep a bit faster.

i have a good idea to make u fall asleep fast, when you lie down get someone in your household to hit you on the head with something that should put u to sleep lol or listen to music that helps me an awful lot

Nothing ever works for me. I sometimes do get a little more relaxed, but always I go think about things that are on my mind or I change my position and I'm a great step back.

I like the metered breathing technique. Counting back from 100 sometimes helps.

I tense every muscle in my body and hold for about 5 sec, one group at a time. Like Toes tense let go, then muscles in arch tense let go, then the heel/ankle muscles tense for 5 sec or so let got, calf muscles tense let go... etc... all the way up to my scalp. By the time I'm done I'm Very relaxed and sleep isn't far off.

I had this problem for a number of months until I spoke to a doctor at work about it....First, don't watch TV or read in bed, use it for sleep only, this way you "train" yourself to know where you can sleep,and your mind will recognize sleep time. ...Stick to a pre-bedtime routine...for example, during the 90 minutes prior to getting into bed have a bath, have a light snack, read for 45 minutes, and this also "trains" your mind, letting your body know that it is time to relax. Don't have caffeine, chocolate, or a cigarette prior to bed, these are stimulants. Don't have a nap during the day, this was a big problem for me....Another thing is tocontrol your stress level, make sure you don't go to bed with everything on your mind to worry about.... Here's to sweet dreams! :D

this one is hard, and will take some fooling around with.

without talking, mentally tell yourself a story, controling the pace of the story and the imaginary tone of your mental thoughts.

when you start to get lost in your thought, slowly lower your mental pace and tone of words.

if you do it right. you will have put yourself into a hypnotic trance.

Ive been tryng this off an on and have only succeeded twice. but it is worth sharing. :blink:

Sometimes I imagine myself floating on a boat..that sometimes works or even listening to a story on a c.d is quite good. A hot bath with calming scents is always a good thing to get you on your way especially with a mug of hot lemon tea which is warming and helps your system. ^_^

Sometimes I imagine myself floating on a boat..that sometimes works or even listening to a story on a c.d is quite good. A hot bath with calming scents is always a good thing to get you on your way especially with a mug of hot lemon tea which is warming and helps your system. ^_^

Or in your case sometimes you just snore like Grandpa Simpson... :rolleyes::rofl:

The secret of getting a good nights sleep?

*Exercise, exercise, exercise. If your body is physically tired then that is half that battle. Exercise is the first thing i'd reccommend to anyone, yet the least likely that they will do.

*Don't eat within 3 hours of going to bed, 2 hours if you can't help it. Ensure your digestion system is still when you go to sleep.

*Don't sit at the computer playing games or surfing the web within an hour of going to bed. Instead just grap a warm cup of milk or camomile tea and relax watching a bit of TV. Your mind needs to be winding down or you just lie in bed thinking.

If you can't sleep when you do all of the above then you have a medical condition, it works 90% of the time. :)

say if its a big day the next day, for example, its my birthday on Friday, I just stop up until 3am in the morning,then you lay down and drop straight to sleep, but it can also have bad consequences in school :(

Completely ignore any needs to scratch, shift position, spit, or in any way move or speak. Put on some music that you like, and listen to it before you go to bed, and while you are still in bed. Fall asleep to the music as well.

I still haven't had trouble sleeping other than it being too hot, so drink water before you go to bed. Try it out! Hope this helps. :tu: