Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

Saru

This thread is for any discussions at all relating to the chess tournament, whether it be to chat about a match, talk about chess tactics or anything at all to do with chess.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• __Kratos__

• BurnSide

• Subtemperate

:lol: Why am i the great subby?

And its good to know it took your full attention to beat me... :lol:

well, you seem to win against everyone else. Except Saruman, but he's an exception because he's a Demi-God :rofl:

Why am i the great subby?

because you're a moderator, and all moderators are great... :tu:

*cough* Suck up *cough* :lol:

Does that means Burnside's great? And Thistle too?..... (yes she is...oops).... because now im not feeling so special...lol

Just wondering how long have you guys been playing chess? :blink:

I learned when I was little but never really played.

Started playing a bit more freshman year in person and with whatever people I could. Started playing online about 4 years ago on Zone.com, still don't really play that much today. Then this tourney popped up and I thought "heck, why not? :P "

I played it a bit when i wa little, against my dad... he even let me win sometimes :lol:

Oth then that I really only started playing it agai at the start of the last tournament... apart from the odd game here or there over the years...

i started playing about 3 years ago...

don't play that often, though. (lack of opponents)

*cough* Suck up *cough*

definitely NOT- just speaking the truth :tu:

I have a free slot... please someone play me, im bored... lol

Just wondering how long have you guys been playing chess?

I really only started playing in the school chess club when I was 12, was in that for 6 years. Nadn't played since I was 18 when I took part in the first tournment. But its all about looking at the board and remembering moves, so it only takes a few games to work of the rust.

w00t, 3 for 6 so far. Much better than last time at least.

No, it means you've lost one match. You have to play everyone, twice. When you win, you get 3 points. After everyone has played everyone, twice, then the scores are tallied. :)

BS beat me . . .

:lol::rofl::lol:

Don't mind me! :D I'm just laughing over Chrisco's abbreviation for Burnside. :w00t:

I used to play when i was young against my dad. I used to win against him - only if i started crying :D

I havn't really played for about a year now but i might start getting back into it

Don't mind me! I'm just laughing over Chrisco's abbreviation for Burnside.

Ahhahaha, I have the same problem. :P

Everytime I hear someone say BS, I'm thinking of Burnside. :blink:

I was wondering that myself (how many games are to be played). I thought it stopped at 6 all up because it was said you could have 6 games going.

I personally used to be quite good at chess as a kid, but uh, my chess playing stopped right there so besides a few games here and there I really haven't played in years.

Is anyone else finding RHP slower than before? Not the whole site but the chess board, especially in the "Analyse Board" screen it takes ages to load each position.

Just wanted to know if this was a site problem or a problem with my computer, and if the latter whether anyone has any suggestions?

I think it's the site, it can be quite slow sometimes.

It's busy right now if you check the board you are playing...

Heck... last move was like watching paint dry it took so long to put in. :lol:

Oh well, at least it's not just me. Although I was kind of hoping it was my computer then at least I could do something about it :hmm:

It doesn't do that very often actually, right now for example the site is really quick. I rarely have any speed issues with it, although it can happen sometimes.

If it does it all the time for you then it could be a problem at your end.