Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
x0DaNcEkItTy0x

Nagging Old Lady?

10 posts in this topic

FONT=Arial]About 8 years ago, I used to live with my parents in an old, about a century year old, apartment building. We were on the bottom half, so we had a basement. We found this bust (shortly after we moved in) of a woman, which said 'Expectations' on the bottom. It was a pretty piece of artwork, and it looked like something that you might find sitting on someone's decorative mantelplace or mounted in a museum somewhere. The funny thing is, we'd found it in the darkest corner of the very back room in our basement. There was the main room in the basement, and then another room branching off of that, and then branching off of that room was the room where we found it. It seemed almost as if someone had placed it in the farthest place from the staircase that they possibly could.

So we brought the bust upstairs, (well at least my parents did, I was about 5 or so at the time tongue.gif ) and placed it in the middle of our hallway. Nothing bad happened for a while. Then, we started having all of these strange things. Here are a few:

-We had a light in the hallway where the bust was that swung back and forth simultaneously.

-We would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to find that our thermostat meter had been set on about 85 degrees.

-We had two cats, who would meow at our basement door every night at about midnight.

-Each time any of us went down the steps into the basement, we felt this horrible, unexplainable feeling that we had to get out of there now, almost the feeling that something would chase you if you stayed too long.

-My mom woke up about 4:00 in the morning one night and saw a ghostly apparation of a woman floating above her for a split second or so.

-There are a lot more, but I can't think of them right now.

-This one is the one that I made the topic about:

My mom had a friend that was staying over at our apartment that night, and that friend had a daughter with her. They were sleeping on the pull-out bed in the living room, when the mom awoke to hear the distinct voice of an elderly woman nagging " I told you I didn't like that color, I told you I didn't like that color..." Over and over again. She said that she noticed that her daughter had awoken and heard it too.

The next morning, she told my mom about it, who apparently didn't beleive her.

A couple of weeks later, we were having our drop ceiling worked on (That's a ceiling with tiles on the bottom layer to cover up the wiring and pipes and stuff.) My mom had painted the tiles when we moved in a distinct color called 'shrimp'. It was a light orangey-pink peachy tone. The electrician was working on the wiring when my mom noticed that the same 'shrimp' tone was painted above the wires, where she hadn't painted because she wasn't able to access it, for the drop ceiling had been there. Either my mom had coincidentally painted the same 'shrimp' color on the drop ceiling as the person that had painted before the ceiling was painted, or the color appeared after.

My family and I connect the strange color coincidence to the strange old nagging voice. We think that whatever entity was nagging at my mom's friend was complaining about how my mom had painted the shrimp color in our kitchen, when apparently the entity had told the person who painted it before her that she didn't like it. Please comment or add some explanation original.gif Also, this is my first post on this site. So please don't nag me about how I didn't use HTML on it or anything; as I'm not exactly sure which tags it will allow.[/font]

grin2.gif Hello DanceKitty, and welcome to the Forum. Did the ghost stay in the house or did it eventually leave of it's own accord, or did it you decide to change the colour of the ceiling maybe ?. It is a very interesting story and I would love to hear the outcome.

In my experience it seems that Ghosts or Spirits seem to be attracted to people who show interest in or are attracted to them. It could be that because your parents were attracted to the piece of artwork and put it on display inside the house that that has triggerd the ghost/spirit to become attracted to your family...Know what I mean.

maybe oricle

blink.gif Dude, that is messed up! Get rid of that bust! Or throw some holy water on it or something.

i have no earthly idea whatsoever. i think you should get rid of the bust. i have no experience w/ apartments, i live in a nice two story house in tennessee. original.gif

Thanks everyone. We moved out of the apartment around 6 or 7 years ago, and obviously we left that bust behind us. It certainly hasn't followed us, because we haven't had anything out of the ordinary happen in our current house, thank goodness. grin2.gif We're thinking about going and knocking on the door of the people who live there now, and asking them if anything wierd has happened, or if they've found the bust... but I'm kind of scared to go near it again tongue.gif

problem solved. CASE CLOSED. (or is it?)

It would certainly be interesting to see if the new owners have noticed anything weird

they probably have........ alien.gif

I dont see y ppl dont like having ghosts in their house, as long as they dont cause any real trouble. i LOVE my ghosts. theyre part of the reason i dont wanna move outta my house. they make my otherwise boring life exciting?