Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Wonderful Way To Explain It ...

Nxt2Hvn

What a wonderful way to explain it.

A sick man turned to his doctor,as he was preparing to leave

the examination room and said, "Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me

what lies on the other side."

Very quietly, the doctor said, "I don't know."

"You don't know? You, a Christian man, do not know what is on

the other side?"

The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other

side came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog

sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of

gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said, "Did you notice my dog?

He's never been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside. He

knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened,

he sprang in without fear.

I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know

one thing.

I know my Master is there and that is enough."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Irish

• mako

• 777MileStare

• SweetBerriesForTwoGhosts

I"ve heard that story before, I really like it. It's simple and to the point. Thanks for sharing it. :)

The major difference is that we are going to have to "enter that room" whether there is a master in there or not, unlike the dog, we have no choice in the matter . The dog knew his master was in that room, his nose and ears told him...he had proof. We can only hope there is a master in there, we have no evidence and feelings are usually nothing more than hope and all to often hope is dashed!

I dont know about you, but I'm not much into slavery. I dont have a "master"

The major difference is that we are going to have to "enter that room" whether there is a master in there or not, unlike the dog, we have no choice in the matter . The dog knew his master was in that room, his nose and ears told him...he had proof. We can only hope there is a master in there, we have no evidence and feelings are usually nothing more than hope and all to often hope is dashed!

You are correct, that is why its better to get to know the master before you enter his house. The dog may use his ears and nose, we are able to use our ears, nose, heart, mind and reason.

I dont have a "master"

Well, neither do I, but I wanted to speak on their level and explain the difference and uncertainy between some one dying and a dog going into the room that he knew his master (I dislike using that term inconnection with a dog) was.

mind and reason.

Mind and reason will give no evidence of a god....just the opposite. It might give evidence of the possibility of a Creator, but not a god in the religious term.

I dont know about you, but I'm not much into slavery. I dont have a "master"

If you have a job you have a master. Good or Bad bosses are the same as good and bad masters, its just the pay structure that is different!

Mind and reason will give no evidence of a god....just the opposite. It might give evidence of the possibility of a Creator, but not a god in the religious term.

I believe in love, with out supporting evidence.

I believe in the living soul of man with no supporting evidence.

I believe there is other life in our universe with no supporting evidence.

These three thing are all reasoned with my mind, Therefor it is possible to belive in a benevolent master and creator without having solid evidence.

I can see the effects of love, the goofy look in the eyes of the lovers, the caresses, the cuddlings, etc. There is plenty of evidence of the condition of love – physical, motherly, etc. There is no evidence of a living soul, while I agree with you that it exists and is the penultimate of us, but this is only belief and is far divorced from reason. I too believe in the probability of life other than ours in the universe, but again this is only a belief and is far divorced from reason and logic. I believe in the possibility of a Creator, but see no evidence that he considers himself more than just that, our loving Creator. I am not going to take the much edited word of men millennia dead that the Creator wants to be our master. When the Creator appears before me and reliable witnesses and tells me he wants to be my master, then and only then will I have a master!

Can a blind man experience love without sight? does a sleeping man concern himself about awakening.

The evidence of our surroundings speaks volumes of creation. The complexities of the human body could no more be an accident than a tornado in a junk yard assembling a 747.

The trees that die in the winter and return to life in the spring are all evidence for re-birth and original creation.

The mountains and seas even the beauty in woman and children express the true artist’s handwork. The work of an artist that loves his creation.

This here is reason!

Mate, I agree with what you are saying, as far as there being a Creator - you and I just disagree on who it is....but your examples (were I wanting to do so) are way to simple to logically disassemble. Rethink them and don't leave your posterior hanging out so. Love ya and don't want others trying to pick on you. I do think (from what I have seen of PP's postings that he sorta agrees with you too. :yes:

:D I like it very much.

God is good ain't he?

Mate, I agree with what you are saying, as far as there being a Creator - you and I just disagree on who it is....but your examples (were I wanting to do so) are way to simple to logically disassemble. Rethink them and don't leave your posterior hanging out so. Love ya and don't want others trying to pick on you. I do think (from what I have seen of PP's postings that he sorta agrees with you too. :yes:

I agree to disagree on WHO, but I feel sometimes we look for complicated answers to seemingly complex questions. Many times in school I had racked my brains trying to find a mathematical equation that I felt was insurmountable and awoke the next morning and realized it was really very simple.

We assume as humans that answers to such questions could only come from elite humans that live on mountain tops. When we should be asking the child that points out the mountain to us.

The older I get the more I realize the answers are quite often right under our noses and we almost feel cheated to learn otherwise. I call it the expert syndrome. I always liked this definition of an expert. EX = has been and SPERT = a drip under pressure. :D

Maybe we just think to hard but not smart!

All the Best

Irish

:tu:

I agree to disagree on WHO, but I feel sometimes we look for complicated answers to seemingly complex questions. Many times in school I had racked my brains trying to find a mathematical equation that I felt was insurmountable and awoke the next morning and realized it was really very simple.

We assume as humans that answers to such questions could only come from elite humans that live on mountain tops. When we should be asking the child that points out the mountain to us.

The older I get the more I realize the answers are quite often right under our noses and we almost feel cheated to learn otherwise. I call it the expert syndrome. I always liked this definition of an expert. EX = has been and SPERT = a drip under pressure. :D

Maybe we just think to hard but not smart!

All the Best

Irish

:tu:

I like the way you look at things. And yes, alot of people beleive in things with no hard evidence, but yet they still rule out God as fake.

Faith is sort of like trust. If you can't trust anyone, then boy are you in for a rough life.

Edited by ZeroShadow

If you have a job you have a master.

My boss(es) dont have nearly enough control over me to call them masters.

ZeroShadow: Do you believe in aliens? Ghosts? The FSM?

I know about this saying that is posted on top of a pub, somewhere in the U.K. that says "Fear knocks on the door, Faith answered, and no one was there."

Faith is sort of like trust. If you can't trust anyone, then boy are you in for a rough life.

But if you trust too easily and with no reason to trust a thing or person, you will be in for a much rougher life! :yes:

Faith in my opinion is hoping what you think is true, thats the type of faith we are talking about with religon, You wouldn't put your faith into it if you actually objectively read the bible I'm not trying to be harsh, but not everyone is inspired by the words of the bible its a control system a buisness venture, Namaste sheri

Faith in my opinion is hoping what you think is true, thats the type of faith we are talking about with religon, You wouldn't put your faith into it if you actually objectively read the bible I'm not trying to be harsh, but not everyone is inspired by the words of the bible its a control system a buisness venture, Namaste sheri

Faith.. my dear.. is "Knowing" what you believe is true.. I know .. because I have a strong faith... and I know God exists.

Hard for non-faith...non-believers to understand.. but it is true! :tu:

Faith.. my dear.. is "Knowing" what you believe is true

Actually faith is hoping what you believe is true. Faith has no place in religion, if you are told that you have to have faith and no verifable evidence can be offered, then 100000000000000 to 1 the religion is just another set of mythology.

Hard for non-faith...non-believers to understand.. but it is true!

No it is not hard for non-faith, non-believers to understand, but it seems to be hard for beleivers to understand, else they wouldn't be believers. :yes:

Actually faith is hoping what you believe is true. Faith has no place in religion, if you are told that you have to have faith and no verifable evidence can be offered, then 100000000000000 to 1 the religion is just another set of mythology.

No it is not hard for non-faith, non-believers to understand, but it seems to be hard for beleivers to understand, else they wouldn't be believers. :yes:

Like I said.. you just don't get it.... :no:

Like I said.. you just don't get it....

Oh, I get it, but you don't seem to.....As a believer, I can see faith does more harm than good in this world. It was faith that launched the crusades, faith that burned the heretics, faith that burned the witches, faith that enslaved Africans in America, faith that destroyed the Native cultures of the lesser developed, leaving shattered lives behind. Faith is not necessary for a true religion! :no:

Faith.. my dear.. is "Knowing" what you believe is true.. I know .. because I have a strong faith... and I know God exists.

How do you know? You dont have any evidence to back it up, hence its taken "on faith". You dont *know*, because that wouldnt be faith, it'd be knowledge.

If you have a job you have a master. Good or Bad bosses are the same as good and bad masters, its just the pay structure that is different!

There is a big difference between a master of slavery and a boss. A big difference.