Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global Warming is no longer a myth

IndigoBlade99

It's been said Global Warming will happen for years yet everyone ignores because there was no facts to prove it.

Now fact is here, it does not mean "we are all going to die" but rather a "we need to figure a way to prevent it from happening" in the future generation.

It has increased over the years and is leading to problems now.

I'm going to list articles about Global Warming that are very much fact.

Animals 'hit by global warming'

Climate change could lead to the extinction of many animals including migratory birds, says a report commissioned by the UK government.

Melting ice, spreading deserts and the impact of warm seas on the sex of turtles are among threats identified. The report is being launched at a meeting of EU nature conservation chiefs in Scotland. It says that warming has already changed the migration routes of some birds and other animals.

The UK's Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) commissioned the research, which was led by the British Trust for Ornithology. The meeting, in the Scottish holiday resort of Aviemore, was called to discuss ways in which wildlife might be helped to adapt to global warming.

Read more - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4313726.stm

Scientists confirm Earth's energy out of balance

Scientists have concluded more energy is being absorbed from the sun than is emitted back to space, throwing the Earth's energy "out of balance" and warming the globe. Scientists from NASA, Columbia University, New York, and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, Calif. used satellites, data from buoys and computer models to study the Earth's oceans. They confirmed the energy imbalance by using precise measurements of increasing ocean heat content over the past 10 years. The study reveals Earth's energy imbalance is large by standards of the planet's history. The imbalance is 0.85 watts per meter squared. That will cause an additional warming of 0.6 degrees Celsius (1 degree Fahrenheit) by the end of this century.To understand the difference, think of a one-watt light bulb shining over an area of one square meter (10.76 square feet). Although it doesn't seem like much, adding up the number of feet around the world creates a big effect. To put this number into perspective, an imbalance of one-watt per square meter, maintained for the past 10,000 years is enough to melt ice equivalent to one kilometer (.6 mile) of sea level, if there were that much ice.

"The energy imbalance is an expected consequence of increasing atmospheric pollution, especially carbon dioxide, methane, ozone, and black carbon particles. These pollutants block the Earth's heat radiation from escaping to space, and they increase absorption of sunlight," said Jim Hansen of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, New York. He is the lead author of the new study, which is in this week's Science Magazine Science Express.

Article Source: http://www.nasa.gov/

Global warming to devastate Europe first

European winters will disappear by 2080 and extreme weather will become more common unless global warming across the continent is slowed, warns a major new report.

Read more - http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6302

I will update with more articles later on, I just find Global Warming an interesting topic to discuss.

Edited by IndigoBlade99

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Accident

• Question Mark

• salxsa

• Creepy_Steve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont think global warming was ever a 'myth'

my thoughts : there is global warming, because in L.A where i live , one day it was REALLY hot and hte next it was raining REALLY hard adn there was thunder and all and the next day HOT again, on september....

and its relaly freaky days... plus does global warming have to do with the hurricanes, adb the earthquakes?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Gas that people use for automobiles, buses etc, is said to be all used up by 2030, so we may be able to avoid some of the devestations of global warming by that time.

Question Mark

Edited by Question Mark

my thoughts : there is global warming, because in L.A where i live , one day it was REALLY hot and hte next it was raining REALLY hard adn there was thunder and all and the next day HOT again, on september....

and its relaly freaky days... plus does global warming have to do with the hurricanes, adb the earthquakes?

It could...

if gas came out... alot of bicycles? or flying car or someother fuel type...

whick wont REALYL prevent global warming but would help, since all those space trips break ozone layer ( am i right? )

Hurricanes may be caused by global warming but then again, it's hurricane season.

I doubt that earthquakes are caused by global warming because its the faults in the grounds faults ...

:rolleyes:

Unless global warming causes the faults...?

Question Mark

Edited by Question Mark

ive heard that it could melt the ice from northpole and hit europe/canada or places near there, since it melts they might sink cuasing a mini-shockwave and causing fautls then causing earhquakes

but im probably wrong...

Ice can't sink because it has the same density as water :yes:

Question Mark