Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing images during meditation

Sofia_ Romanya

I have recently started taking a meditation/new age class, I pretty much meditate every day now for half an hour or more. Two weeks ago I had an experience which left me some what perplexed. As I got better and better at meditation and getting deeper into it, I decided to ask if there were any messages for me to receive. I suppose I got somewhat of an answer.

You know when you have your eyes closed everythings kind of ultra violet? Blacks, purples, yellows, those kinds of colors? That's how I saw everything with my eyes closed. I started to see people standing around me, they were in shadow though, it was like I was looking through a black and purple mist, that was constantly moving. I saw faces of people and other images. A man came around me he staring at me with yellow eyes. He was tall in a rain coat with what seemed like a fedora. He circled around me as if waiting for something, finally he just stood in front of me. I opened my eyes thinking that maybe my eyes were playing with me and I saw a black shadow flick out of my eye sight. I closed my eyes and got back down into my meditation. I saw more faces after a while, including the image of a women in what seemed like puritan dress pacing before a window and looking out once in a while. There was also a shadow person there, he paced around me too trying to get my attention, the session ended soon after that.

Since then I have gotten other images, some have actually been in regular color. What I want to know is has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone interpret this or has any information about it at all? I can't make heads or tails out of it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcd

• Sofia_ Romanya

• Virtual Particle

• nohands

Hi SR,

Sounds like things are starting to happen with your meditation.

A lot of people see spirits or receive messages in that way as a visual in your mind.

Maybe next time ask directly if you could meet your spirit guide, see if you're shown anyone.

Good luck.

Yep, Tia is right.

Another explanation I red on a paranornal book is that those things "might"

be alucinations, I must warn you that I have psychic stuff too, so I am just trying to give you

all the explanation I had found. The author says than when you mediatate

a lot and you are tired you can get tons of images, funny colors etc

(he also says that LCD produces that effect but faster, is just to give

an example that you might find interesting, of course from what you said

you dont take drugs, please, I am just comparing the effects)

So, If i where you I should ask your techer about this, or if not ask someone

who practice meditation. I also see strange stuff by meditation but not that

extreme, just like a tunnel of dark and mist and some white spots and then the

images start, sometimes only.

Hope this helps and good luck!

You have reported the visual content of the experience but you have given no report of the physical or emotional sensations that you experienced whilst seeing the vision.

I believe that these will be the most important clues to you in interpreting the visuals that you have seen. A all embracing approach might help instead of focus on just one element of the experience.

How did you feel? Physical and emotional?

Good feed back guys, to answer your question during all the experiences I felt calm and open, I am embracing the experiences. I never felt threatened or scared just kind of neutral and watchful. Physically I'm fine, my muscles tend to twitch when I'm meditating but my teacher says that's just energy realising itself from my body. There's no great changes when I have these experiences as opposed to when I don't.

Thanks for the advice guys!

• 3 years later...
I have recently started taking a meditation/new age class, I pretty much meditate every day now for half an hour or more. Two weeks ago I had an experience which left me some what perplexed. As I got better and better at meditation and getting deeper into it, I decided to ask if there were any messages for me to receive. I suppose I got somewhat of an answer.

You know when you have your eyes closed everythings kind of ultra violet? Blacks, purples, yellows, those kinds of colors? That's how I saw everything with my eyes closed. I started to see people standing around me, they were in shadow though, it was like I was looking through a black and purple mist, that was constantly moving. I saw faces of people and other images. A man came around me he staring at me with yellow eyes. He was tall in a rain coat with what seemed like a fedora. He circled around me as if waiting for something, finally he just stood in front of me. I opened my eyes thinking that maybe my eyes were playing with me and I saw a black shadow flick out of my eye sight. I closed my eyes and got back down into my meditation. I saw more faces after a while, including the image of a women in what seemed like puritan dress pacing before a window and looking out once in a while. There was also a shadow person there, he paced around me too trying to get my attention, the session ended soon after that.

Since then I have gotten other images, some have actually been in regular color. What I want to know is has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone interpret this or has any information about it at all? I can't make heads or tails out of it.

i have been havin similar experiences, i have been meditating now since april of this year, this week i started to see people, it seems to be like short clips of other peoples lives as soon as i pay attetion to it it goes away. it kind of freaked me out. because i wasnt sure how they manifest like that. i do know im able to go pretty deep. my brother says he experiences that as well. i really dont know what to make of it. :o

i have been havin similar experiences, i have been meditating now since april of this year, this week i started to see people, it seems to be like short clips of other peoples lives as soon as i pay attetion to it it goes away. it kind of freaked me out. because i wasnt sure how they manifest like that. i do know im able to go pretty deep. my brother says he experiences that as well. i really dont know what to make of it. :o

i saw 4 different people the other day. one women with red hair actually said something to me. i remember them all. u feel kind of odd even talking about it.

Years back, I read a book by Llewellyn Press on "How to Meet Your Spirit Guide", and it involved a sort of initial meditation, then your creating a comfortable, natural scene, perhaps under a canopy of trees, with a stream flowing by and a nice breeze - you sit on a nicely accomodating smooth boulder and wait for your spirit guide to approach you - mine happened to be a fox at the time I think, though I had some anxiety over it for some reason. I would imagine people get animals, other people, angels, aliens, etc. It sounds similar to your experience.

Also it could be a form of mental automatic writing/Ouija use, which I believe is simply free-association, sort of like verbalizing fragments of our dreams and unconscious material that is at the surface of our thoughts or concerns.

It could be said by some you may have been seeing yourself in another plane, surrounded by various people, who recognized you, could see you and understood you were from a different place, and wanted to communicate but somehow were unable to, or they realized you weren't quite adept enough to grasp what to do, so they sort of shrugged, like "well, maybe next time it will work".

Years back, I read a book by Llewellyn Press on "How to Meet Your Spirit Guide", and it involved a sort of initial meditation, then your creating a comfortable, natural scene, perhaps under a canopy of trees, with a stream flowing by and a nice breeze - you sit on a nicely accomodating smooth boulder and wait for your spirit guide to approach you - mine happened to be a fox at the time I think, though I had some anxiety over it for some reason. I would imagine people get animals, other people, angels, aliens, etc. It sounds similar to your experience.

Also it could be a form of mental automatic writing/Ouija use, which I believe is simply free-association, sort of like verbalizing fragments of our dreams and unconscious material that is at the surface of our thoughts or concerns.

It could be said by some you may have been seeing yourself in another plane, surrounded by various people, who recognized you, could see you and understood you were from a different place, and wanted to communicate but somehow were unable to, or they realized you weren't quite adept enough to grasp what to do, so they sort of shrugged, like "well, maybe next time it will work".

it was more like i didnt know these people, two were women and two were men. one women was african american, not sure if they were trying to communicate or not. as soon as i gave it my attention they were gone. the women that spoke to men said basically not to be scared of this experience. but i was weirded out.

Chapter 21.

The grandest forms of active force

From Tao come, their only source.

Who can of Tao the nature tell?

Our sight it flies, our touch as well.

Eluding sight, eluding touch,

The forms of things all in it crouch;

Eluding touch, eluding sight,

There are their semblances, all right.

Profound it is, dark and obscure;

Things' essences all there endure.

Those essences the truth enfold

Of what, when seen, shall then be told.

Now it is so; 'twas so of old.

Its name--what passes not away;

So, in their beautiful array,

Things form and never know decay.

How know I that it is so with all the beauties of existing things? By

this (nature of the Tao).

------------------------------

Chapter 33

He who knows other men is discerning; he who knows himself is

intelligent. He who overcomes others is strong; he who overcomes

himself is mighty. He who is satisfied with his lot is rich; he who

goes on acting with energy has a (firm) will.

He who does not fail in the requirements of his position, continues

long; he who dies and yet does not perish, has longevity.

-----------------------------------

Chapter 40

The movement of the Tao

By contraries proceeds;

And weakness marks the course

Of Tao's mighty deeds.

All things under heaven sprang from It as existing (and named);

that existence sprang from It as non-existent (and not named)

----------------------------------

Chapter 47

Without going outside his door, one understands (all that takes

place) under the sky; without looking out from his window, one sees

the Tao of Heaven. The farther that one goes out (from himself), the

less he knows.

Therefore the sages got their knowledge without travelling; gave

their (right) names to things without seeing them; and accomplished

their ends without any purpose of doing so.

The Tao Teh King,

or

The Tao And Its Characteristic

by Lao-Tzu

translated by James Legge

Source link

My understanding of sprit walking is as a process which takes time. Developing or applying mantras, can really make a difference and it does not have to be an image per say. It can be a set of words like each of those presented above, or even memories of ones psi experiences, or it can be like chapter 47. In a manner of speaking, meditation is like giving your body a healthy alternative from, being awake and being asleep.

It is a time when you can consider, in a mantra, of your own making. What is it that could make you a piece of the puzzle that is inherent in each of us and all things.

I myself, consider many things, amongst them? Is that, ultimately, everything is a perfect fluid and in the apparent and seemingly, random references, all one need do is identify order.

First then, one must identify oneself and then the direction it flows, with time as a whole internal to one, plus another dimension (besides the three we understand really well)

One can also bring into play every thought one can have in relation to the topic.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

i guess its hallucination.....i see images also when my eyes are close...motion picture like...but Sofia_Romanya yours is different, i just see images when i close my eyes and when i open it its normal again....(i just edited this because i did not read the whole post, i was surprised that you see spirits, etc when you open your eyes )

but i think we can control what we want to see....its in practicing meditation

so lets continue meditating..hehe

Edited by nohands

• 4 years later...

This is nothing to worry. no Spiritual can contact you like this until you are strong enough to hold them. These are very natural effect of meditation which is nothing but uncontrolled chanelling and tuning of your brain to random objects and things exists or existed in this universe, because you are indirectly touching the subconcious part of your mind, which actually wakes up only when you are sleeping and dreaming..Dream is nothing but your travelling of subconcious mind.

I have gone through this stage already at age of 18 when i was meditating on third eye chakra. When you meditate, you get more and more stablize and scattered energy of your body begins to accumulate and centre, there u feel the state of peace . one more thing .your brain sometime tricks you by diverting your concentration by producing lots of thoughts in your head, just calmy watch them and they will disappear..do not stop on any thought nor try to forcefully stop them from comming..let them flow out .

Watch this vedio starting from part 1 to part 8 order .a great understanding and reality of spiritual reality conceptually taken from ancient research and practice of indian Raj Yoga explained by an indian yog guru. It will guide you very nicely and will clear all your doubts regarding meditation. this is just begennning.,,all the Best

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Sofia, 

I know this thread is old, so I'm not sure you'll see this but after reading your post I have to ask about the man in the rain coat and fedora. 

I don't know how much detail you'll remember but did he have a prominent nose? How did you feel when you saw him?

I know this question sounds strange, but when I was younger I used to receive an image of a man who was tall, wearing a long coat and fedora type hat. I only ever saw the image of his profile and distinctly remember him having a prominent nose. I don't know what kind of significance this image could hold for either of us but it was something that deeply effected me as a child because I never understood who he was or why I was receiving images of him. 

What is really strange to me is that you aren't the first person I've come across to see a similar image. I had a friend in school who's younger sister would describe seeing the same man. 

Again, I don't know if this holds any significance at all but having such a similar experience, I felt propelled to ask. 

Cait

curiouscaseofcait,

When I was a child, I saw the profile of a man walking past my window at home... he was wearing a raincoat (or trench coat) and fedora, and just simply walked past the window and was gone. My brother saw it too, but of course nowadays, he would say it was our imagination. One thing about my experience that no one mentioned, was that he was completely yellow, head to toe, more like a yellow shadow figure than the image of a man. I don't remember being scared though, besides the initial shock of it.  Remembering it, I think it felt more like he was protecting us, as if walking around the house in a watchdog sort of way. Me and my brother were home alone at the time. Many things in that house scared the heck out of me, but not this particular experience. 

• 9 months later...

Yes, it is the third eye. When I was in rehab in June 2000, during meditation, something unfamiliar happened to me. As I laid in a relaxed state and closed my eyes, my thoughts were replaced with movie-like visions. I have researched this phenomenon for my spiritual autobiography that will be published soon. I am just finetuning parts of it that my editor suggested. The first thing I saw was an eye. The only eye I knew at the time was atop the pyramid on the back of a dollar bill. Then I saw ripples of water, like when a stone is thrown into a lake. The next thing was weird - it was like I was on LSD, I saw faces, faces of people who were old, young, male. female, black, white, etc. And then formed all different ways, starting with the ear or nose, but I would see a full face for a brief second before the next one came. I always had this as a set up during every morning and evening meditation (that was only 10 minutes, by the way).

It's too long of a story to post, but suffice it to say, these visions told a story, and one day, two hours after having one, it came true. I had no clue what or why I was receiving this, and when I got home, they didn't happen. After much internal work and studying yoga and the teachings of Caroline Myss, I discovered it was my initiation - the death of my egoic self and the rebirth of my authentic soul.

I describe all the visions I wrote down (thank goodness someone suggested that to me halfway through) in my book.I was looking to see if there was a formal name for this phenomenon. Please let me know if there is.

Thank you - and Namaste!

• 3 months later...
On 3/20/2017 at 8:08 PM, curiouscaseofcait said:

Hi Sofia, 

I know this thread is old, so I'm not sure you'll see this but after reading your post I have to ask about the man in the rain coat and fedora. 

I don't know how much detail you'll remember but did he have a prominent nose? How did you feel when you saw him?

I know this question sounds strange, but when I was younger I used to receive an image of a man who was tall, wearing a long coat and fedora type hat. I only ever saw the image of his profile and distinctly remember him having a prominent nose. I don't know what kind of significance this image could hold for either of us but it was something that deeply effected me as a child because I never understood who he was or why I was receiving images of him. 

What is really strange to me is that you aren't the first person I've come across to see a similar image. I had a friend in school who's younger sister would describe seeing the same man. 

Again, I don't know if this holds any significance at all but having such a similar experience, I felt propelled to ask. 

Cait

Crazy, I met that man in deep meditation, but in my case he was in some hooded clothing like from middle age,

he meditate next to me and when i noticed him i turned to him and he give me one red apple which was in his pocket,

and just as you said i only remember image of his profile but not whole face, i just remember that he had prominent nose...

If close eyes can see them. Those are neutral spirit and yes spirit is everywhere, they got their own world and you cannot block them or prevent them from entering your property.

Two things you can do communicate or ignore. Spirits is very useful for hidden information mostly