Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Continents

etvisitor7

:) Mounting evidence indicates that the lost continents of Lemuria (Mu) and Atlantis actually existed thousands, possibly millions, of years ago. Civilisation reached towering heights of achievement in that golden era. Highly advanced spiritually, socially and technologically, the people lived an idyllic existence amongst verdant, luxuriant vegetation. But this paradise did not last forever. Some species of animal were reproducing at a prolific rate. Giant mammals and birds decimated the people's crops, huge lizards stalked the land, and gigantic dinosaurs attacked the human race so that people were forced to band together in fortified communities. The danger from dinosaurs became so great that people resorted to digging shelters beneath the ground, or dwelling in caves to hide from the predatory creatures.

This may sound like the stuff of fiction and fantasy, but there is mounting evidence in support of the idea that humans and dinosaurs COEXISTED. I challenge readers of this post to read with an open mind and heart, and to seriously consider evidence in favor of this idea (evidence that I'll present shortly). All true scientists patiently study evidence open-mindedly over a long period of time before reaching any conclusions. They do not allow preconceived biases, prejudices and emotional attachment to worn-out theories to cloud their judgment and cause them to rush into rejecting any new theories, just because they are new and unusual! Science is constantly replacing old theories with new ones, even though many scientists often fight tooth and nail to protect their pet concepts. Perhaps the coexistence of dinosaurs and humans will eventually replace the presently accepted idea which says the exact opposite. The truth will win out eventually, even if there are still some scientists willing to go down kicking and screaming in defence of obsolete theories.

:) Mounting evidence indicates that the lost continents of Lemuria (Mu) and Atlantis actually existed thousands, possibly millions, of years ago. Civilisation reached towering heights of achievement in that golden era. Highly advanced spiritually, socially and technologically, the people lived an idyllic existence amongst verdant, luxuriant vegetation. But this paradise did not last forever. Some species of animal were reproducing at a prolific rate. Giant mammals and birds decimated the people's crops, huge lizards stalked the land, and gigantic dinosaurs attacked the human race so that people were forced to band together in fortified communities. The danger from dinosaurs became so great that people resorted to digging shelters beneath the ground, or dwelling in caves to hide from the predatory creatures.

This may sound like the stuff of fiction and fantasy, but there is mounting evidence in support of the idea that humans and dinosaurs COEXISTED. I challenge readers of this post to read with an open mind and heart, and to seriously consider evidence in favor of this idea (evidence that I'll present shortly). All true scientists patiently study evidence open-mindedly over a long period of time before reaching any conclusions. They do not allow preconceived biases, prejudices and emotional attachment to worn-out theories to cloud their judgment and cause them to rush into rejecting any new theories, just because they are new and unusual! Science is constantly replacing old theories with new ones, even though many scientists often fight tooth and nail to protect their pet concepts. Perhaps the coexistence of dinosaurs and humans will eventually replace the presently accepted idea which says the exact opposite. The truth will win out eventually, even if there are still some scientists willing to go down kicking and screaming in defence of obsolete theories.

What kind of evidence do you offer?

how come human-like fossils never went back more than 50 million years ago?

So who rules Atlantis? Aquaman or the Sub-Mariner? Thats the real mystery my friends.

So who rules Atlantis? Aquaman or the Sub-Mariner? Thats the real mystery my friends.

Lol, that’s great, I giggled like a schoolgirl over that one.

But seriously.....are you serious etvisitor7? If you are going to put in phrases like "Mounting evidence indicates...", and "mounting evidence in support...", you had better back it up with real evidence. Give us some sources. It amazes me that you know details about their lives, such as the decimation of their crops, pillaging reptiles, technological advancement and shelter digging. That begs the question, if they were so technologically advanced, why couldn't they defend themselves from these threats?

But anywho, you ask us to "seriously consider evidence", when there is no evidence presented. You state "All true scientists patiently study evidence open-mindedly over a long period of time before reaching any conclusions", disregarding all evidence to the contrary, which, btw, scientists HAVE studied "open-mindedly" and have come to the conclusion that this hypothesis is ridiculous. Looking forward to seeing your "evidence", make sure you back it up with some reputable sources plz. I can never understand why people feel the need to do that whole "stay tuned for next week...." bs when they put forward this stuff.

Edit: Oh, and for Jebus's sake, please don't present that fake human foot next to dino foot picture hoax as evidence.

Edited by Hmm

I can never understand why people feel the need to do that whole "stay tuned for next week...." bs when they put forward this stuff.

I agree, it seems they want the whole drama level to go up :hmm:

not even 50 million years ago frog.

etvisitor, those 1950 'horror' films of godzilla and dinosaurs... they aren't real. what you watched wasn't a documentry.

and by the by. you said you'd present evidence a lil later on in your OP, but you didn't, did it fall off the page?

This may sound like the stuff of fiction and fantasy, but there is mounting evidence in support of the idea that humans and dinosaurs COEXISTED. I challenge readers of this post to read with an open mind and heart, and to seriously consider evidence in favor of this idea (evidence that I'll present shortly).

I wait with bated breath :P Although really you should be publishing this evidence in Nature or Science rather than here. There's a nobel prize at the very least for anyone finding genuine evidence that dinosaurs (as we know them) co-existed with humans :yes:

my money on when he comes back its BS we have seen before and he says 'it taken ages of research to find out what i have' etc,etc.....

or hes just a attention seeker and by replying to this thread, we are adding fuel to the fire and 'feeding' his ego... :mellow::hmm:

Actually, even Carl Sagan pondered why the idea of being devoured by dinosaurs or dragons has had such an impact on the human psyche. He never purported man actually lived with dinosaurs, but attributed it to latent memories stored in our genes of our earliest mammalian ancestors that had been terrorized by dinosaurs, and gave rise to the worldwide belief in dragons. But 65 million years seems a long time to retain such memories.

Perhaps there is some truth to the beliefs in "dragons"which appear so eerily similar in so many different cultures around the world. Obviously though, if real, there is something about them that must approach the realm of the "supernatural/paranormal", for they cannot be a "natural" lifeform, or fossil evidence of them in historical times would surely have been found by now.

Edited by draconic chronicler

Anything is possible, that does not mean it is probable. Dinosaurs are not dragons and other than literature theres is no proof of dragons. Just the need for you to believe in dragons.

In "Worlds Before Our Own" (1978), Brad Steiger writes:

"From the mouth of the Illinois River at Grafton to Alton (Illinois), a distance of 20 miles, the Mississippi River runs from west to east, and its north bank (the Illinois side) is a high bluff. When the first white men explored the area, they found that some unknown muralist from some forgotten tribal culture had engraved and painted hideous depictions of two gigantic, winged monsters. The petroglyphs were each about 30 feet in length and 12 feet in height.

Father Marquette, the celebrated Jesuit priest-explorer, wrote in his journals of discoveries of the Mississippi, published in Paris in 1681: "As we were descending the river, we saw high rocks with hideous monsters painted on them and upon which the bravest Indian dare not look. They have head and horns like a goat; their eyes are red; they have a beard like a tiger's and a face like a man's. Their tails are so long that they pass over their bodies and between their legs under their bodies, ending like a fish's tail. They are painted red, green, and black, and so well drawn that I could not believe they were drawn by the Indians, and for what purpose they were drawn seems to me a mystery."

In a small volume published in 1698, Father Hennepin, another early explorer of the wilds of the west, wrote: "....The Illinois Indians told us likewise that the rock on which these dreadful Monsters stood was so steep that no man could climb up to it, but had we not been afraid of the Savages more than of the Monsters, we had certainly got up to them.....While I was in Quebec, I understood M. Jolliet had been upon the Mississippi and obliged to return without going down the River because of the Monsters I have spoken of who had frightened him...."

The two enormously large petroglyphs were clearly visible on the north bank of the Mississippi, immediately where the Illinois State Prison was later built at Alton. Traces of their outlines remained until the limestone on which they had been engraved was quarried by the convicts in about 1856.....

Whatever the petroglyphs truly represented, all the Amerindian nations of what then constituted the Northwest Territory had a terrible tradition associated with the creatures they called THE PIASA (or Piusa)." :yes:

Edited by etvisitor7

Actually, even Carl Sagan pondered why the idea of being devoured by dinosaurs or dragons has had such an impact on the human psyche. He never purported man actually lived with dinosaurs, but attributed it to latent memories stored in our genes of our earliest mammalian ancestors that had been terrorized by dinosaurs, and gave rise to the worldwide belief in dragons. But 65 million years seems a long time to retain such memories.

Perhaps there is some truth to the beliefs in "dragons"which appear so eerily similar in so many different cultures around the world. Obviously though, if real, there is something about them that must approach the realm of the "supernatural/paranormal", for they cannot be a "natural" lifeform, or fossil evidence of them in historical times would surely have been found by now.

Draconic chronicler, your thoughts are a light in the wilderness. Very informative! I would suggest that dragons have more than one meaning, including the following: (1) they symbolise dinosaurs, especially the winged variety known as the PTERODACTYL; (2) they symbolise "fiery chariots" of ancient times, now known as UFOs; (3) they represent the fiery Kundalini energy located in human beings at their Base of the Spine Chakra. :yes:

Brad Steiger continues: "Sometime in the 1840s, Professor John Russell of Jersey County, Illinois, explored the caves WHICH THE PIASA (legendary winged monsters in Native American tradition) WERE SAID TO HAVE INHABITED and reported "INNUMERABLE HUMAN BONES littering the stone floors." This adds weight to the Native Americans' account of a flying monster with a craving for human flesh. Are they talking about a winged Pterodactyl?

Some of the Amerindian traditions say that the Piasa enjoyed bathing in the Mississippi and was a very rapid swimmer. When it was in the River, its movements caused huge waves to cover the banks.

It is time that Native American traditions were taken far more seriously. We need to believe Amerindians when they assert that such tales are in fact historical accounts, not just mere myth. Why are so many white people quick to dismiss these stories as pure fantasy? Their attitude is an insult to the Native Americans' intelligence.

:yes:

its possible we could have died out with the dinosaurs, and started the whole evolution process all over again. but still dont know :rolleyes:

I thought we were going to get evidence for "Lemuria (Mu) and Atlantis " but so far all I can see is Native American Petroglyphs, myths and stories of possible Pterosaurs :hmm:

Or is that still coming ?

Eric, if not a single religion in all the world has any basis of truth, then you are right, dragons probably do not exist depite the fact that that virtually every world culture and religion has believed in them. But if just one religion has a basis of truth, then dragons are probably some kind of real entity, for the same reason that they do appear in virtually every religion. Simply put, if "God" is real, than so must be His dragons.

ET, you will probably be interested in my new book, for it examines the dragon legends throughout the world, and ties them all together with a hypothesis for their actual existence. Friends who have read it, think it quite convincing, and are amazed how much dragon lore exists in some religions and cultures that they never imagined. The Piasa figures prominently in the "America" chapter, but understand that a "white" American created some of the stories, in fine Anglo Saxon dragon-slaying tradition, and falsely claimed they were Indian legends.

Don't be offended if there is nothing about Mu or Atlantis even if they are supposed to have dragons, because this books is based on the surviving legends and records of better documented "historical cultures acknowledged to exist by everyone. Personally I believe Atlantis is based on the Mycenean Thera, destroyed in a volcanic catalcylsm. I do not believe there is evidence for any dinosaur surviving the KT extinction, though "dragons", if real, undoubtedly saw their origins in a type of prehistoric archosaur from the same era.

The book is almost ready, and I will announce it here when actually available.

Edited by draconic chronicler

In the legends of my people (the Nanticoke), the Piasa was called Aman'gamek or "water cougar". These creatures lived on the Mississippi. They were the creatures that had caused the "Great Flood" of North America. Now the actual North American flood was not the Biblical Flood. The Biblical Flood happened when the Mediterranean Sea overflowed into the Black sea basin. Our flood happened when a huge glacier lake called by geologists "Lake Iroquois" that was situated about where the Great Lakes are had broken through its ice walls. Both floods happened about the same time but at different places. But that was still during the last Ice Age long after dinosaurs had become extinct.

Lapi'che

Eric, if not a single religion in all the world has any basis of truth, then you are right, dragons probably do not exist depite the fact that that virtually every world culture and religion has believed in them. But if just one religion has a basis of truth, then dragons are probably some kind of real entity, for the same reason that they do appear in virtually every religion. Simply put, if "God" is real, than so must be His dragons.

ET, you will probably be interested in my new book, for it examines the dragon legends throughout the world, and ties them all together with a hypothesis for their actual existence. Friends who have read it, think it quite convincing, and are amazed how much dragon lore exists in some religions and cultures that they never imagined. The Piasa figures prominently in the "America" chapter, but understand that a "white" American created some of the stories, in fine Anglo Saxon dragon-slaying tradition, and falsely claimed they were Indian legends.

Don't be offended if there is nothing about Mu or Atlantis even if they are supposed to have dragons, because this books is based on the surviving legends and records of better documented "historical cultures acknowledged to exist by everyone. Personally I believe Atlantis is based on the Mycenean Thera, destroyed in a volcanic catalcylsm. I do not believe there is evidence for any dinosaur surviving the KT extinction, though "dragons", if real, undoubtedly saw their origins in a type of prehistoric archosaur from the same era.

The book is almost ready, and I will announce it here when actually available.

Actually, I don't think any religion is anything other than made up by man. Perhaps you should go on a quest to find a dragon. Find one alive or dead, then you can talk about the reality of a dragon. :no:

I HAVE A THEORY!!!! ok you know how back in ice age, when the "humans" migrated wit hthe animals from asia,europe and other continets to "american " continents, they had to cross a "bridge" orp ath way over sea?, maybe htey built stuff on it ( i dont mean high tech buidlings i mena just roads or something...and maybe thats atlantis...then again i could be wrong..like always

I'm all for the theory of the dragon being a product of human psychological developments of instinct.

But to believe that some painted rocks (provided they existed) was significant "proof", I think you should look over the concepts of the Scientific Method again.

I refuse to believe that story because it comes from the same breed of explorers who told of tales of golden cities and amazones in the New World.

I have my own theory on exactly what Atlantis was-but it has no true relevence to this conversation.

Show me some modern accounts, and hard archeological evidence. You've stated the problem, stated the hypothesis, but have yet to divulge any significant gathered information. Don't do this in clusters. SHOW US EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT. It's very frustrating. And all that's going to happen is that your theory is going to be shot down in flames if you don't give us convincing evidence, or something that can't be disputed beyond a reasonable doubt. I can easilly shoot down the accounts of imperialist explorers. I can't shoot down fossils and underwater ruins.

Apparently, you're missing most of the thread.

I'm all for the theory of the dragon being a product of human psychological developments of instinct.

But to believe that some painted rocks (provided they existed) was significant "proof", I think you should look over the concepts of the Scientific Method again.

I refuse to believe that story because it comes from the same breed of explorers who told of tales of golden cities and amazones in the New World.

I have my own theory on exactly what Atlantis was-but it has no true relevence to this conversation.

Show me some modern accounts, and hard archeological evidence. You've stated the problem, stated the hypothesis, but have yet to divulge any significant gathered information. Don't do this in clusters. SHOW US EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT. It's very frustrating. And all that's going to happen is that your theory is going to be shot down in flames if you don't give us convincing evidence, or something that can't be disputed beyond a reasonable doubt. I can easilly shoot down the accounts of imperialist explorers. I can't shoot down fossils and underwater ruins.

You got it bro!

:tu::tu:

Every whiteman at that time twisted our myths and legends to fantastic proportions or added to, subtracted from, and royaly embellished! One idiot on these forums stated that we ,the Native Americans were the proof because we believed. What nonsense!

Lapi'che