Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

your belief in karma?

Chris Palko

is there already a thread on karma.?? i searched but didnt run into nothing ..

anyways my question is to you all., is..

what do you believe karma is a form of ? i mean do you believe in karma as in doing a good deed will bring you good and viseversa for doing bad or is it spiritual or is it a form of intellects the way the mind works with the choices you have to make and whether you do the right or bad choice. ..

thoughts anyone .?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Palko

• hyperactive

• agyat_theunknown

Can't tell you where karma's from.. but I do believe fully in it. I've seen it work in many ways...

Yes you reap what you sow my friend. I believe in karma. I hope some people get it both :innocent: & :devil:

:wub:

what do you believe karma is a form of ? i mean do you believe in karma as in doing a good deed will bring you good and viseversa for doing bad or is it spiritual or is it a form of intellects the way the mind works with the choices you have to make and whether you do the right or bad choice. ..

thoughts anyone .?

I wonder myself...It's almost like "ocd" to me.I hate driving past stranded drivers and all,or talking bad about people for fear it will come back on me....

i just think there is a lil more to the understanding of karma then what is speculated.

i know theres no evidence to it existing itself to us. kinda like gavity.. we cant see it but know its there right.??

Edited by Chris Palko

Heck yeah I believe in Karma.

I am a strong believer in the whole what goes aroun comes around theory and the do on to others believe.

I truelly believe if you do something to someone, one day you get what's coming to you. (good or bad)

It could take years or more, but it will happen.

I believe in this with all my hart and soul.

So I am going to get a beating by the universe on day for my past mistakes. :tu:

Looking forward to that... :no::D

Edited by Creepy_Steve

i agree with you all.. i question that fact that if you know or knew you did bad.. and are expecting bad karma to come back at you.. then wouldnt that all relate to the mind thinking and making you realize bad is what to come next whether its now, near or future result. ?? .. like a pattern traced in the intellects of your brain.. working to pursue your self to make that bad thing approach you in karma.. do you see what im gettin at.?/ kinda?? or no .?? hm..

Edited by Chris Palko

Karma I believe is the way for "the universe" to keep itself "in balance". Kinda like Newton's 3rd law: For every action, there is an equal & opposite reaction. I know that if I tick off everyone who comes into my life, soon no one will want to be in my life. You get what you give. :hmm:

It may not always seem like it, but if not here on Earth, then in the great beyond...whatever your beliefs may be. Either way, I believe in what goes around comes around. I'm not gonna tempt it. :no:

40nrockinon :devil:

Karma? No. Cause and effect? Yes. There is realy nothing mystical about the concept of "karma" at all. If you lend your friend a hammer, he will be inclined to lend you his lawnmower (so long as you supply the gas :P).

On a broader scale, karma makes no sense. Think about the tsunami or hurricane katrina. Did the millions affected by these disasters all do some great evil? Or suppose the Holocaust. Did every single Jew tortured and put to death by Hitler commit some great travesty against humanity?

These questions can only be sanely answered with "no". That is the rational reson for not believing in karma.

Karma? No. Cause and effect? Yes. There is realy nothing mystical about the concept of "karma" at all. If you lend your friend a hammer, he will be inclined to lend you his lawnmower (so long as you supply the gas :P).

On a broader scale, karma makes no sense. Think about the tsunami or hurricane katrina. Did the millions affected by these disasters all do some great evil? Or suppose the Holocaust. Did every single Jew tortured and put to death by Hitler commit some great travesty against humanity?

These questions can only be sanely answered with "no". That is the rational reson for not believing in karma.

^^^^^ good points

karma, is like everything else in the "spritual" arena. It is about what YOU perceive and not about something external to the individual. Some liken it to self fulfilling prophecy. In essence, you create it, you enable it, you find it, you justify a belief in it. It is only as real and powerful as you make it to be (for yourself).

karma, is like everything else in the "spritual" arena. It is about what YOU perceive and not about something external to the individual. Some liken it to self fulfilling prophecy. In essence, you create it, you enable it, you find it, you justify a belief in it. It is only as real and powerful as you make it to be (for yourself).

So wouldnt that be much like a subconcious/concious role rather than being a spiritual ..??

chris,

calling it a product of thought is the best way to look at it. "spirituality" is a construct of thought, a porduct of trying to "explain" things. "spirituality" is an illusion, a hoax. Seek the reality.

chris,

calling it a product of thought is the best way to look at it. "spirituality" is a construct of thought, a porduct of trying to "explain" things. "spirituality" is an illusion, a hoax. Seek the reality.

so then you pove my point.. if its a product of thought.. thought is what is mental.. karma is a form of mental intillects. i think if you pursue down a bad road then bad things will happen because you are in that bad life.. so get ou of it and work towards something greater and good. and thats how goods things happen because YOU chose to do that . not because karma gave you good. .. i think karma is a form of choice and choices all the way through it .. just like someone had tolled me. if karma was to magical like im doin good so give me good things.!! and vice versa for doing bad.. this would be Utopia right??? andthe world would be crazy if everything were perfect right.??

thoughts anyone .?

Karma can be avoided through various means. Karma is just one of many things that the universe is composed of. Thinking that karma is the "be all end all" thing gives it too much credit.

Yes "karma" (fate, rebound action, etc) is powerful, but it's not impossible to overcome.

Or, even better, don't believe in it.

The word 'karma' means action and 'dharma' is the ability of mind by which it takes right decision before any action.

The debate on the the 'karmic theory' is endless. But, what I think is....

If you do something good, you will instantly feel good (happier and satisfied).

If you do something bad, the opposite will happen.

For your every action, there is a reaction (good or bad feeling) in your mind.

Forget about the consequences later in your life or even after life.

Don't you think, the believers of this theory, will get a good guidance for their actions?

But, yes, you can surely be 'good' without believing in this theory. :)

If you do something good, you will instantly feel good (happier and satisfied).

If you do something bad, the opposite will happen.

For your every action, there is a reaction (good or bad feeling) in your mind.

interesting you said this.. because i believe the same thin but in a sense that when you do something good you will instantly feel good so as a pattern of feeling good and living good. any little thing common that happens to you later whether if its finding a $20 bill or $50 or recieving a gift from someone of anything.. automatically the mind or you asa person think its your good karma but in reality that could of happen to anyone with a bad karma pattern in life. i could of stole somethin from someone and people would think oh.. he will get bad karma coming to him.. but never will and and if something happen to me bad later in life then autmatically its because of what i did bad inthe past .! which i think is BS. ou know ...

hm.. we all have our paths in life and good deed and bad deed we will run into everyday through out life.. doesnt mean its because we did good or bad..

I don't get it, whats the use of having a Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs forum if people treat it like the Spirituality & Skepticism forum?

I agree with judging your actions based on your intuitive instincts (feel good - do good, feel bad - do bad). But is it reincarnation karma which matters most. Eg if you kill someone in this lifetime, you might end up their wife next lifetime!?

It is difficult to judge but I tend to beleive in reincarnation karma, but I can't understand What comes around, Goes around for everyday actions. Living life to the utmost highest level in all cases, and apologise if you do wrong etc, should rule out the karma effect, right?

But what about accidents, etc?

I agree with Hyper you are decidng in every moment what things mean to you every act every word is a statement of who you are, if you come to a situation where it seems disadvantaged its about what you think, what it means to you, not the other person but you. Each person here in this topic is giving their perspective on what Karma means to them, Now heres mine for every action there is a reaction thus Karma. many humans like humanizing assigning qualitys to a neutral universe Its all about you, this is your life you decide what it means. Namaste sheri

yeah , i beleave that karma is based upon two ways. ovbiously good or bad. i think it playd a role in our past and future lives.

About 'karmic theory' and past or future life (incarnation) :-

If something bad happens to me, and I do not find anything reasonable why that has happened to me, as I have always done good in past, from my perspective. The 'evil' in me try to become a rebellion saying - 'I have done nothing wrong, still evil has happened to me'. This will give an excuse to do 'evil' myself, if I am a non-believer. But, if I justify those by 'assuming' that it might having something to do with my 'past life'. Although this seems highly ridiculous, it certainly will help me to tolerate 'bad or evil' and prevent me doing anything 'evil' myself. And ofcourse, everyone hope for a better future, a better life next time, if you believe in future incarnation.

This is from my personal experience. I have felt 'God' very near to me, although I still question him, sometime -

Why that 'evil' has happened to me, at the first place?

Why did not 'He' prevent it?

Trying to convince myself of the 'karmic theory' and to draw some strength to keep on walking on the right path..................

Is 'He' listening?

About 'karmic theory' and past or future life (incarnation) :-

If something bad happens to me, and I do not find anything reasonable why that has happened to me, as I have always done good in past, from my perspective. The 'evil' in me try to become a rebellion saying - 'I have done nothing wrong, still evil has happened to me'. This will give an excuse to do 'evil' myself, if I am a non-believer. But, if I justify those by 'assuming' that it might having something to do with my 'past life'. Although this seems highly ridiculous, it certainly will help me to tolerate 'bad or evil' and prevent me doing anything 'evil' myself. And ofcourse, everyone hope for a better future, a better life next time, if you believe in future incarnation.

This is from my personal experience. I have felt 'God' very near to me, although I still question him, sometime -

Why that 'evil' has happened to me, at the first place?

Why did not 'He' prevent it?

Trying to convince myself of the 'karmic theory' and to draw some strength to keep on walking on the right path..................

Is 'He' listening?

i guess my questioning would be diffeent as in ..

if evil happened to me.. wheres the god that everyone believes in .??

could he not prevent this from happening because hes not there.??

is he listening.?? well maybe if he exists but if so .. why couldnt he help me if he has the power to .. everyone worships this god but he so selfish because he doesnt show us he exists..

these are questions i be thinking about .. this is how serious my questioning gets.. and it sucks because theres no answers.. i guess it is what it is.. death has answers to all questions. right .?...