Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone Remember These?

forst

A few years ago I got a large collection of paranormal/UFO-related books out of my library and a few others, and spent a few days looking through them. I can't, sadly, recall the names of any of them, but I do remember that one was written by a fairly famous paranormal investigator, and that he has a least two books, one of which I found in a bookstore later.

However, there were two accounts that intrigued me the most. If anyone has links or information about them I would appreciate it.

A| A routine flight from Point A to Point B. Something unroutine happens. The passengers are attacked by something, the pilots get involved, gunshots are fired. Here's where my memory gets muddled. I can't remember if the plane landed and nobody was on it, but spent bulletshells were found, or if they were all dead, ripped apart, or if they landed safely and some bulletshells were found but no entry points for the bullets. All of these endings seem equally as plausible to my confused mind, but only one was real.

B| A couple are on a vacation or a trip and are staying at a motel/hotel. They're in their room when suddenly everything changes. They're back in the early 1900s or some past time. I also remember something about one of the two getting pulled into the floor? It sounds even more crazy now that I'm typing it out...anyway, nobody would believe them, but they either had some evidence or something that was at least halfway convincing.

I looked through the A-Z Index, found nothing, so I figured I'd post here. Since both involved paranormal activity and were found in a book on paranormal events, I figure this is the best forum to post. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• forst

• bluesky21

• Aslan

• uranium101

The first one I don't know about, and sounds frankly too outrageous to be anything other than widely known.

The second one I can help you with. I have no links, I'm afraid, but I hope I can give you enough information to type into your search engine. Ok, it happened on December 8, 1873 in Bristol to a Mr and Mrs Cumpston of Leeds. The alleged incident happened in the Victoria Hotel, and was reported in the London Times and the Bristol Daily Post. Try teleportation as a starting subject, as that's where I've always found it.

Here's what was supposed to have happened.

...the couple said they heard strange, loud sounds in or near their room. The sounds ceased...at 3 or 4 in the morning the sounds resumed, this time accompanied by an alarming sensation that the floor was giving out. the couple's words echoed weirdly or else were repeated by unseen presences. The floor 'opened' and Mr Cumpston felt as if he were being dragged into it. His wife pulled him out and the two jumped out of a window...they thought criminals were attempting to kidnap them...

Paraphrased from Unexplained by Jerome Clark (1999)

Hope this helps original.gif

the first sounds just plain fake, but the second one convincing. well, it's better than the first.

Hope this helps original.gif

It did.

Funny thing, I think I actually have that book you're talking about, or at least one with a similar title. I'll check later tonight.

After I had posted the topic I realized I might be able to find the title of the book I originally got the stories from, using a website that I recalled. They're both by Charles Berlitz, and it seems I confused him with someone more reliable.

"Charles Berlitz's World of Strange Phenomena"

and "Charles Berlitz's World of the Incredible but True" are the titles, but I doubt the stories have much truth to them...

However, I'll keep looking, simply because the first story was so, for a lack of better word, extraordinary that I really want to find more information on it. As for the second one, I may have been confusing two seperate events, what you posted seems familiar but didn't mention anything about time travel.

• 2 weeks later...

The first story sounds like a movie I saw once... maybe it was a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits, long time ago.

The people in the plane were going to die, so some advanced aliens or something stopped time, got the people out, replaced them with dead bodies, and then the plane crashed... I think it was a terrorist thing, the terrorists didn't get rescued.

The second one sounds like they were phasing dimensions?

Both interesting stories though! Hope someone finds a link to them. original.gif

That first one does sound like a film I watched also, in the film, there are bright lights appearing through the windows, and then all the passengers disappear, the plane is searched and taken stripped. During all of this, it is found that some of the investigators are not who they seem to be, and have actually come to take the plane.

The first story reminds me of the movie "Millennium",

but I don't remember much about it except it involved a plane. dontgetit.gif

I remember reading something similar to the first story ages ago. A military transport plane landed at an airstrip with no one on board. The fuselage was riddled with bullet holes, and 45 cal shell casings were all over the interior, as if the GIs had been firing at something with their sidearms. There was no blood and no parachutes were missing.

If anyone's interested in aerial mysteries I recommend Ghosts of the Air by Martin Caidin. Good book, good author.

Also, I don't mean to highjack this thread, but has anybody read the story of a man who was hit by a beam of light from a UFO and literally melted alive? I'm not sure, but I think this happened in Brazil back in the 50s. His flesh began falling off his body, yet he felt no pain. Within 24 hours he was dead. In the 80s, a researcher tried to have his grave disinterred, but the Brazilian government refused to allow this.

I haven't been able to find anything on this anywhere. I'd appreciate any info.

Wouldn't it be cool if only certain things would go back or foward in time? It could be like a house or chair or anything. And if it was common. You'd be sitting there with your dog and it turns into a puppy and back. I don't know if i'm making sense. I'll go eat some cheese.

Kind of like the Simpsons with the toaster that transported Homer back in time....??

Okay, time for my coffee infusion....

The people in the plane were going to die, so some advanced aliens or something stopped time, got the people out, replaced them with dead bodies, and then the plane crashed... I think it was a terrorist thing, the terrorists didn't get rescued.

It was Millenium. The plot was that people from the future would go back in time to plane crashes and switch those that died with copies. Those that were to die were taken to the future where they were used to rebuild Humanity(we had become strerile due to pollution)

I remember Kris Kristopherson was in it. It wasn't a bad movie definately worth a look. Something tells me the first story is based upon thid movie.

i don't this had to do w/ invisible terrorist or anything. sounds like an urban legend to me.

A few years ago I got a large collection of paranormal/UFO-related books out of my library and a few others, and spent a few days looking through them. I can't, sadly, recall the names of any of them, but I do remember that one was written by a fairly famous paranormal investigator, and that he has a least two books, one of which I found in a bookstore later.

However, there were two accounts that intrigued me the most. If anyone has links or information about them I would appreciate it.

A| A routine flight from Point A to Point B. Something unroutine happens. The passengers are attacked by something, the pilots get involved, gunshots are fired. Here's where my memory gets muddled. I can't remember if the plane landed and nobody was on it, but spent bulletshells were found, or if they were all dead, ripped apart, or if they landed safely and some bulletshells were found but no entry points for the bullets. All of these endings seem equally as plausible to my confused mind, but only one was real.

B| A couple are on a vacation or a trip and are staying at a motel/hotel. They're in their room when suddenly everything changes. They're back in the early 1900s or some past time. I also remember something about one of the two getting pulled into the floor? It sounds even more crazy now that I'm typing it out...anyway, nobody would believe them, but they either had some evidence or something that was at least halfway convincing.

I looked through the A-Z Index, found nothing, so I figured I'd post here. Since both involved paranormal activity and were found in a book on paranormal events, I figure this is the best forum to post. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you mix the couple being sucked into the floor plus the time travel you get the mauntauk/philadephia project. I can't remember which one. But basically the people involved in the experiment said that when hit by the beam the machine created, things seemed to glow. Thats due to the fact that their particles were moving faster then the speed of gravity and that requires a huge source of energy. Which brought them into the future for a couple of minutes; but also caused many to be sucked into the ship. Since while in particle form they tried to move around causing them to combine with the other moving atoms of the naval ship because while in that form you are only being supported by the atoms that were underneath you at the beginning of the process.

Maybe something happened and that happened to them?

I'm going to ad my 2 cents worth because I can . The first story appears to be a Foo Fighters type of encounter . Have you tried looking it up under that catagorie ?

Sorry that's the limit of my knowledge on the subject wish I could have been more help ...

you have all the knowledge we here need, kismit. original.gif i think i have my doubts about both of these...

These stories remind me of a paperback book that I read about 10 years ago.

I'm not too sure what the name is, sorry