Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blaster Worm Virus

Inspekta_X

Hey Guys, Just thought i would post some info on a virus that is going around atm..

If anyone is running any of the following operating systems...

Microsoft® Windows NT® 4.0

Microsoft Windows® 2000

Microsoft Windows XP

Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003

Then download this file from Symantec

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...er/FixBlast.exe

Run it and it will remove the virus, there is no other way to remove it, your scanner will not remove it, nor can u manualy delete it. After removing the virus the remover will ask you to download a patch from microsoft to stop the virus re-occuring. Hope this helps everyone who is having problems original.gif

If you want more info on the virus or prevention info heres a link that will help.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyThorley

• Inspekta_X

• Blood Angel

• Benjo Koolzooie

Oh, I think this is the virus I have had...is it where the PC ends up going on to a timer and shutting itself off?

Yeap thats the one, its a flaw in window coding (nice one microsoft) that shuts down your PC and reboots, Pain in the **** if you dont know anything about whats causing it original.gif It took down telstras network (Australian Phone Carrier) today couldent use mobile phones for like an hour lol, its running a much down under cause no one installs microsoft certifed patches when they are emailed to network admins, idiots original.gif

Well I hope my friends that I can only keep in contact over the internet due to the fact they live in America don't have it! They don't know too much about Pcs.

The problem for me was when downloading the patch, my pc would get the timer ticking down! Managed to download it though.

Thx for the info and patch inspecta x.

I had already installed the updates from msoft.

Didn´t know what it was so I formatted the drive and everything. disgust.gif

and lots of my friends did get it too.

they did get rid of it with the patch/update tho original.gif

THATS what it was...

dude, thats actually kinda funny when you think about it....

i never trusted bill gates, he is the root of all evil, microshaft always manages to bugger us at any turn, i'm thinking of changing to linux...

i never trusted bill gates, he is the root of all evil, microshaft always manages to bugger us at any turn, i'm thinking of changing to linux...

Dont bother...go for SpeedDemon

Its like...the true God of OS....

Damn our high technology, my commodore 16 never had any problems, it may have been slow but the operating system was sooo easy, a few commands tape drive, thats all it needed. but now its like you need 10 gigs of software just to get the damn thing running the way you want....i say bring back uncomplicated commodores. blink.gif

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

Damn our high technology, my commodore 16 never had any problems, it may have been slow but the operating system was sooo easy, a few commands tape drive, thats all it needed. but now its like you need 10 gigs of software just to get the damn thing running the way you want....i say bring back uncomplicated commodores. blink.gif

I remember the commondores...my first one was a "commondore vic20" in the early 80´s , then c64

Then the amigas .. and so on...it was good back then ..

Think amiga still exist?? Heard something but dont remember what it was.

post-62-1060786639.gif

Ah, I used to have one of those, in fact it must be still around here somewhere. Dam fine computer for it's time, but all things considered, I think I'd rather stick with my PC.

I could never go back to having to wait 10 minutes for a program to load.

thumbsup.gif

Dude, you ever have D&D on the Commadore....

that....was...painful....

But nevertheless, I love my C64...I have it wred up to my TV as I type (Ive got pretty much all oldskool systems wired)

I went to my grandmothers house to patch it up yesterday...

Now she's hardly the most PC litterate person...for example, when asked what kind of computer she was running, she said "a white one"

I said how this worm only affects certain windows versions and how she had one of those affected.

So she went to the phone and Im like "What ar eyou doing"

...get this...

"Im calling to get a replacement system if this one's faulty"

*laugh*

Yup, I've just come home and relaize tha my computer was infected...think that I managed to fix it. original.gif

Thank you for your help original.gif

had to patch 5 PCs now due to the Msblaster/lovesan virus - happily they were all favours for other people, my network is nice and secure