Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poisoned candy and razors in foods

JayRob303

With Halloween coming up, has anyone heard of any stories in reference to such...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayRob303

• Barnacle Battlefront

• FloridaLizardQueen

• Arranoth

Hence the reason it's in the Urban Legends section...

However, it seems that most urban legends are at least 'loosly' based on an actual event...

I hear reports of it every year. Last year it was some guy sticking broken blades in the apples he was giving out and sewing needles through the wrappers of the candy bars.

Always good to check your (or kids :P ) candy before you eat it (or they eat it). :yes:

there was actually a recall on mars bars and snickers bars because a note was sent to the company saying that some of the candy bars had been poisoned. i'll try and find an article on it :)

The last time us three kids went trick or treating, our mother found that some of my brother's candy had been tampered with. She took all our candy and threw it out, so we couldn't have it.

There isnt much worry today about halloween candy because of the store bought candy. They make it pretty hard to tamper with it. and as to the razor in the apple myth, if i get an apple in my bag, that house is getting egged! :devil:

Well down under we really don`t have to wory about this as Hallowen is near non-existant around our parts!

I only eat things that are clearly sealed by companies, the rest I just don't eat. I think it's just common sense not to eat a baggy of cookies given to me by a stranger.

• 1 month later...

the begining of this legend was a fact. there was a man putting razor blades in candy, store bought, and a littel kid was rushed to the hospital because he ate a piece and his throat was all tore up. iforget where it happened but as far as i know there was only like two acual happenings of this kind. hospitals in PA, OH, and OK still open the x-ray section so that the candy can be checked.

I saw on the news a woman was arrested for passing out poisoned candy last halloween in massachusetts.

Screwed up stuff like this happens alot.

I don't think you can blame urban legends or the internet as much as the fact that some people are just sick.

You can't really ever say something like this is an urban legend. There's no doubt it has happened or atleast will happen one time.

You can't really ever say something like this is an urban legend. There's no doubt it has happened or atleast will happen one time.

yes that is true , unfortunately this is not an urban legend.

here is a link that proves it is not an urban legend .

• 1 month later...

Acutally when I was young and went on holiday to vist some cousins overseas during Halloween holiday there was an offer for parents to bring their childrens candy to their local casualty to have it x-rayed. This was years and years ago and had forgotten about it until I read this thread.

I can't remember exactly where I read it but I did read about one case where this did happen but it was done by a family member to the child, not by a stranger giving out candy, and it was found before anything happened (similar to the tylonel (sp?) posionings), besides that one case I don't think it ever happened again.