Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human intelligence

I´ve wondered many times, how come, the progress of technology and humans got that kind of boost suddenly . Everything we know (most of it) is invented from 200years back and until now. Human wasn´t a very smart thing in the 1700 and back. How come?

guess we´ll never know.

I know I suspect that it is more to it than that.

Or: I am open to this possibility.

What do you think?? Is there more to it than we know??

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kaj

• Homer

• snuffypuffer

• bloodygates

Surely you're labouring under a massive error of judgement here. Human's weren't very smart in the 1700's and earlier ? For a start, for a very basic push off, people living in the 1700's - in the age of the enlightenment - were convinced that they knew the sum total of knowledge that could be known. This was the time of Doctor Johnson, Addison and Steele - not to say Sir William Herschel.

But that's beside the point. Are you confusing technology with intelligence? More to the point, are you confusing modern technology with intelligence. What about the invention of the wheel? Or the oil lamp in the middle east in about 2000 BCE, the Hittites first using iron, the invention of the glass mirror in 1271? Without what you consider to be mundane and talentlessly obvious inventions, you would not be sitting at a computer in a lighted and warm room. Could you invent the composite bow, or the flushing toilet, or the compass, or the telescope? Even now, would you really know where to start?

Everything we know has not really been invented in the last 200 years, only everything we know has been made possible by successive ages of very clever people working on the back of the inventions of the ages that came before.

To speak with Sir Isaac Newton:

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants

But this you are talking about is the slow evolution if technology AND intelligence.....it goes hand in hand.

My point here is why it got such a boost the last 200 years.

Humans have been here for at least 50.000 years....(heard even much longer recently)

Why now?? and how so fast??

Because back in the olden days technology was repressed, it was seen as magic and works of satan and the like, also its called listening to the common people, peasants weren't allowed to do even a smidgen of what we do now its self expression and freedom thumbsup.gif

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

I agree with Aslan. This really has nothing to do with human intelligence as it does modern technology.

I mean, just over 100 years ago the first car and telephone was invented, and shortly before that was the invention of electricity. Today, we have satellites, digital cable, fiber optics, nano technology ect. etc.

Modern technological advances have increased dramatically, and in my opinion, the invention of automation started this boom. I mean, mechanical and electrical devices that make everyday life relatively simple, created the base with which further advances can be made at a rapid pace.

Just a thought anyway original.gif

Hmm Sounds sensible, (in a good mood tonight)

My thinking almost gets my head to explode sometimes.

Maybe I question things too much.

Maybe there should be a limit for that too. uppydown.gif

I just can´t give us humans much credit for anything...we still are primitive in so many ways...makes me wonder.

You don't have to give humans much credit, but humans are the only species on earth who's intelligence allows it the ability to advance technologically.

There are a lot of intelligent creatures on this planet, and some that actually utilize tools. But only humans can advance.

Of course, I don't give credit to humans for that either. I give credit to God thumbsup.gif

its not a matter on inteligence, its a matter of time, the longer and the more favorable enviornment an intelligent species live through the faster technology happense. matter a fact that make no sense.

here let me give it to you this way, if we as humans were "created" a million years before we were than we would have better technology today.

its all a matter of process.

a baby cant walk at first but as it grows it learns. same with humans.

the fact is humans are excpected to create great achivements to fast.

my cheap school had a history book form 70's, it had an illustration of colonies of humans living in mars, in the caption it says the year 2001, ha ha 2003 and we still cant even get people to get to mars let alone live in it.

my point is technology evoloves with the evolution of humans.

oh and the technology boom of the 60's, some say, is contributed to the analysis of the roswell crash.

and buy the way does anyone know if there is a way to watch cable channels streamed by the net.

Yep, we were supposed to have flying robot cars by now, they promised, but still no flying robot cars. It's not frikking fair, people!!! I want my flying robot car. And if I can't have that, can I at least have a tank? It's not too much to ask, really.

If you wish for a tank, you probably should´t have one laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I remember even in the beginning of the 80´s they belived that all houses will have elevetors that you can have conversations with...and robot servants at home and a pill you put in a microwave that becomes a dinner in 1 sec. (in the year of 2000)

i'm gonna get myself a tank when i join the military. thumbsup.gif no seriously. once i get out of college, i'm gonna join the military (westpoint baby).

Hmm....Uranium in the military. (United State's military?). Wow, that's a sad day for the U.S. *Smirk*

And, shame on you for wanting to join the government, shame, shame. mad.gif

once i get out of college, i'm gonna join the military (westpoint baby).

So the sissy college boy is going to join the military and finally be a man? grin2.gif

Just kidding uranium101. Actually, I think serving one's country by defending it in the armed services is one of the greatest things you can do. But who cares about that when you can get your hands on a tank w00t.gif

hey if ur gonna join the military dont go into war. try to become an employee or area 51 and then u can resign and tell everyone what strange things u saw and then everyone will think your like bob lazar. unless u have photographic proof.

LONG LIVE COMPUTER PIRACY

bob lazar is a nut and oh if u want a tank i suggest playing grand theft auto, that way u can kill as many people as u want and it would be legal. aint that somethin.

I know, I know, human intelligense come from a foulty gene, we became intelligent just like that, almost over a night, I just read this in "Illusterad vetenskap" A swedich shiense paper, actually we develped over ability to speake same way

Homo sapiens (modern)

Modern Homo sapiens, also known as Homo sapiens sapiens, have been around for the past 120,000 years. Homo sapiens living about 40,000 years ago made elaborate tools out of bone, antler, ivory, stone, and wood, and produced fine artwork in the form of carvings and cave paintings.

120,000 years ago - present

first "Cro-Magnon" specimens found in 1868

General Facts