Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SAD :(

beast_boy

mom decided to ship me off to a boarding school. idk if there will be a computer there so i'm saying goodbye for now... and saruman please make sure my account doesn't get deleted o.o anyway folks... gimme your thoughts on this cruel and vile act against god

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• beast_boy

• darkknight

• jcb33

• Welsh Shaun

Top Posters In This Topic

whoever asked why: who knows?

this one DOES have computers. but we cannot use them. so we might as well not have any. oh well AT LEAST IT'S COED!!! :-D

I went to a boarding school and though this may not be the most encouraging statement I hated it. If it is a relatively a small school be prepared for bullying unless you have the abillity to fit right in and are good at sports.

Prepare to have the mental strength to endure periods of real hostility as in an enclosed environment when you pee someone off who is popular or physically intimidating you will get grief for a good few days at least, possibly weeks. And during this time you have nowhere tor un and hide.

Prepare for unfair teachers and housemasters who will shout at you for the slightest thing as that is the proven methos of controlling unruly live-in students. An environment where you fear the teachers and their punishment is nearly always created within a boarding school, otherwise there would be chaos.

I know i'm probably putting you off a bit here, but that is often the harsh reality of a boarding school, and was consistent with some of my other friends who went to different boarding schools.

Until you establish yourself there among the pupils be prepared for some tough times, especially as I say if you're not sporty, quick-witted, or seen by some as a bit "different".

My first year at boarding school was a nightmare, and it was because I was good at sports and learned to stick up for myself that I gradually became part of the furniture.

And the home sickness for the first few months, arghhhh.

However the bonds you can form with people in such an environment can be as strong as they are volatile, and the good education is what counts. Find your place in the heirarchy, attach yourself to some good, decent people and you'll be ok.

Good luck though´mate, I hope it works out well for you.

Edited by Richdog

that was encouraging.. ._. i got to take a look at the school before i had to go to it though trust me.. i won't have to worry the rest of the kids are stick figures compared to me and i'm kinda.... tough. and wayy too quiet so they won't know what hit them when i argue with one of them. lol

I went to a boarding school and though this may not be the most encouraging statement I hated it. If it is a relatively a small school be prepared for bullying unless you have the abillity to fit right in and are good at sports.

Prepare to have the mental strength to endure periods of real hostility as in an enclosed environment when you pee someone off who is popular or physically intimidating you will get grief for a good few days at least, possibly weeks. And during this time you have nowhere tor un and hide.

Prepare for unfair teachers and housemasters who will shout at you for the slightest thing as that is the proven methos of controlling unruly live-in students. An environment where you fear the teachers and their punishment is nearly always created within a boarding school, otherwise there would be chaos.

I know i'm probably putting you off a bit here, but that is often the harsh reality of a boarding school, and was consistent with some of my other friends who went to different boarding schools.

Until you establish yourself there among the pupils be prepared for some tough times, especially as I say if you're not sporty, quick-witted, or seen by some as a bit "different".

My first year at boarding school was a nightmare, and it was because I was good at sports and learned to stick up for myself that I gradually became part of the furniture.

And the home sickness for the first few months, arghhhh.

However the bonds you can form with people in such an environment can be as strong as they are volatile, and the good education is what counts. Find your place in the heirarchy, attach yourself to some good, decent people and you'll be ok.

Good luck though´mate, I hope it works out well for you.

well said :tu:

Thats terrible you suffered Richdog but you are naughty Richdog for scaring poor beast_boy! :D Remeber BB that this is just one perception and one experience.

I have known many people who attended boarding school and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Your life at your new school will be how you make it, no-one else. Like anything else in life new surroundings and experiences can be quite disconcerting to begin with but I am sure you will get into the swing of things in no time at all.

Best of luck :tu: .

i'm going NOW

i shall check this when i get back. goodbye for now.

i can use the computers in the 'school' part so i'll keep posting every once in a while.. keep adding to this thread though, as i'll be checking it for your thoughts and opinions. :tu:

Edited by beast_boy

Just as get started with UM you leave hope it was not personal?

Errrr call me crazy...... but surly its easy enough to get kicked out once you get there..... I meen cause a flood...... hit someone...... w/e if you get kicked out you wont have to go to another :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just as get started with UM you leave hope it was not personal?

...I'M NOT NEW! and i can't get kicked out that easy...

Good luck in your new school....happy studying and fantastic partying. ;-)

Remember, keep positive, keep smiling and most important...keep SAFE.

LnL

Good bye...remeber Knowledge is power, and power is wealth...never give up on learning

Study hard

BTW, they will have computers there