Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feeling A Connection To Strangers?

chunga

Have you ever been in a grocery store or buying gas and seen someone, a complete stranger, yet suddenly you feel like you know them or even odder knew them?

Its a bit different than when you think you see someone you know but aren't sure. Its like on one hand your brain knows that you have not ever met the person, yet there is a sense of belonging or connection emotionaly to the stranger. I know this sounds nuts, there must be someone out there that has this happen to them too. I have even spoken to them like to ask Do I know you? Or felt the pull to talk to them and then there gone and its over and your left with a disturbing feeling that something non earthly just happened, something speacial. I believe that we do know these people that come randomly into our lives that stand out from the others. Perhaps before we got here, somplace else maybe we were friends in some way or who knows, its not easy to explain what this is like. \

It hasn't happened that much to me, over 42 years maybe 12 times or so, waitresses or clerks or a nurse when I was hospitalized, random and fleeting. I heard someone on a train the other day mention this subject to a friend and I knew exactly what they were describiing but the friend did not and teased the guy about it. Poor guy, should of talked to me about it. Maybe some of us get this and some never have it , Why? Anyway, please let me know what you think, then maybe the next special one that I bump into wont make me feel crazy.

The world we see around us is physical and evident, the other world around us is spirtual, immense and somewhat evident. We all have a spirit, which is infintely more aware of

all things. It can communicate with the other spirits of other people, that is why you sense a familarity. If you approach that person, you will be amazed at what purpose there is in your encounter.

I had the same kind of encounter with a gentleman in a McDonald's, where he had the same feeling of familarity as I did. Our long conversation led to our ancestry in Romania, and we discovered we had the same relatives. We were distant cousins!

There is so much we don't know, but it's exciting to explore and discover these things.

Edit: Removed redundant quote.

-Disinterested

Edited by Disinterested

well just today while i was in walgreens i saw this old lady and felt like i seen here before some where.

That happened to my husband and I. We met online and talked for many months before finally agreeing to meet up as friends. When we met it was like we'd known each other for ever, and within two weeks we were living together and married within 6 months. We often prompt each others sentences, dream similar dreams and most of the time we know exactly what the other is thinking. I believe that if someone is on the same psychic wavelength as you there is a connection instantly the moment you meet, although a lot of people don't realise this when it happens and describe it as an "odd feeling". I feel that everyone is psychic to some degree.

I've had this same type of experience many times, except that when it happens to me I always feel like that person is hurting. The people I've approached when I've had this feeling were all strangers, but they would reveal their deepest hurts to me after talking for only a minute or two. The other strange thing is that every one of them reveals to me that they have been sexually abused in the past, and the majority of them say that they've never told anyone else and they don't know why they're telling me. It's a very strange thing when it happens, but I'm glad that I'm able to help them.

That happened to my husband and I. We met online and talked for many months before finally agreeing to meet up as friends. When we met it was like we'd known each other for ever, and within two weeks we were living together and married within 6 months. We often prompt each others sentences, dream similar dreams and most of the time we know exactly what the other is thinking. I believe that if someone is on the same psychic wavelength as you there is a connection instantly the moment you meet, although a lot of people don't realise this when it happens and describe it as an "odd feeling". I feel that everyone is psychic to some degree.

It is true that you can have amazing and immense connection with a stranger. But that doesn't mean that they are supposed to become your husband in all cases, especially if they are on the other side of the world. If somebody already has a husband and the soul-buddy has a girlfriend, for example, then they are probably meant to be soul-friends for life and helpers on your spiritual journey. They are teachers to your soul just like many other people in your life can be. They can become best friends but it can sometimes be mistaken for something more than that, which can put pressure on all aspects of their lives, sapping their energy, and could end up making them sick. Recognising the lessons for what they are can heal the confusing situation.

The universe tests us. And it will never throw anything at us that we cannot handle. Stand in your own personal energy and power. Trust that your own journey, and the universe, will unfold. It is all happening perfectly. Give each other space, time and respect, and try not to rush the lessons. They will show when the timing is right...

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

I've had this same type of experience many times, except that when it happens to me I always feel like that person is hurting. The people I've approached when I've had this feeling were all strangers, but they would reveal their deepest hurts to me after talking for only a minute or two. The other strange thing is that every one of them reveals to me that they have been sexually abused in the past, and the majority of them say that they've never told anyone else and they don't know why they're telling me. It's a very strange thing when it happens, but I'm glad that I'm able to help them.

Sometimes people mirror the emotions and problems we have and they come into our lives to be helped.

Other times people come into our lives who mirror our gifts, those people can both be teachers to one another.

It is true that you can have amazing and immense connection with a stranger. But that doesn't mean that they are supposed to become your husband in all cases, especially if they are on the other side of the world. If somebody already has a husband and the soul-buddy has a girlfriend, for example, then they are probably meant to be soul-friends for life and helpers on your spiritual journey. They are teachers to your soul just like many other people in your life can be. They can become best friends but it can sometimes be mistaken for something more than that, which can put pressure on all aspects of their lives, sapping their energy, and could end up making them sick. Recognising the lessons for what they are can heal the confusing situation.

I didn't mean for it to sound as if I thought that everyone who had such a connection should start a relationship, I apologise if it sounded misleading, and I agree completely with what you say about soul-friends and spiritual helpers. One instance is my best friend. I met her nearly 20 years ago now, and although we are as different as chalk and cheese we have a bond which none of our friends and relations can understand, this bond was established the very first day we met each other at school, and has survived through the years. Although we now live over 100 miles apart we "know" when the other needs our help and our friendship is stronger than ever.

• Like 1

yea that happed to me a few times its realy weird its like you new them from a past life or before life begen or you had a dream about them.

yea that happed to me a few times its realy weird its like you new them from a past life or before life begen or you had a dream about them.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! Someone who knows what Iam talking about!!!!!!!

I was ordering food and glanced at this woman. We made eye contact for sometime, longer then usual. I got my food and made eye contact again. I sware we were thinking of the same thing, and it wisent sexual at all but more like we know each other. WEIRD

Edited by DR. YO

There was this theory I read about decions made in your mind. For example if you thought of buying candy at the store it actually happens in a parallel universe. In that universe you met a person at the store and had conversed with or him or her.

Now when you see that person some time in the future you will think "hmm I know you" and so will they (perhaps)

:w00t: Actually yes...I had that experience with a few people all of whom I have stayed friends with, some that I have never met face to face...its happened with 3 people over the internet and we are now good friends. It does happen tho doesnt it! :tu:

love peace and serenity

jill

It is very true, it definitely does happen. I have many a story about it, although I prefer to keep them in my heart.

I just met eyes with an elderly woman in the supermarket, and she looked at me and smiled. Same type of connection. It is like you already know all about them.

I think that part of life's journey is to actually connect with people, and share bonds of the heart and spirit. In this way, a type of telepathy or empathy can occur and the bond of love connects the two hearts, and sometimes you can sense when they need help, etc. We call it Mother's Intuition when the woman knows her child is in need or danger.

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! Someone who knows what Iam talking about!!!!!!!

yea i get ya

:w00t: The problem is why does it happen?

My theory is thus:

Our brains are run on electrochemicals. Its a well known fact that we all give out pheromones which are chemical substances secreted all animals which influence the behaviour of other animals of the same species it is said, ie human to human, chimps to chimps, dogs to dogs etc! (I diagree with this stance though as it has been often recorded that Bulls, dogs and other animals can smell the fear in humans .and so give chase) this is just a genral example ok.

When we meet other people, dependant on the pheromone given off, and likewise the pheromone response of the other person...it could mean we hate them or like them. When we meet other people then would it not be possible for our pheromones to give away something about the person that we (on a subliminal level that we like, understand or know?)

:wacko: I read a long time ago about a pair of twins seperated at birth that became good friend. They met up while on holiday, they reported to have felt as if they had always known each other. After years of being best mates they found they were sisters!

How strange is that? :tu:

There is much that we do not comprehend of the brain and also of its functionality, that unknown quantity can lend doubt into the way that we as a species behave toward one and another. If you think back to the days before language smell would have played an important part in social grouping.

Dogs sniff each other to find out all kinds of information we are animals that now have speech. However, we are just animals all the same so the main question we should be asking is.......how does smell influence the interaction of others?

This is not to say that the theory is correct per se, however it is food for thought :yes: ?

love peace and serenity

jill

It's weird, but it's not unusual. We're all spawned from the same seed remember? We all have a spiritual connection to someone or other. It may seem prolific, but it's true.

• 3 weeks later...

i know this is a old topic but it happens to often ill see someone and ill feel a connection ill go up and ask if there name is something and theyll say yes and ask me how i knew that they think im a stalker or something but i think there is someting special to do with that person

I know what you mean. Just yesterday me and my cousin were getting soda and the guy from the counter knew where my cousin worked when she quit and what her full name was and she didnt even know him physicly yet she thought she knew him.

Mabie your just checking them out and you wish you knew them. :su j/k

Edited by TheMeaningOfLife

i know this is a old topic but it happens to often ill see someone and ill feel a connection ill go up and ask if there name is something and theyll say yes and ask me how i knew that they think im a stalker or something but i think there is someting special to do with that person

Yes, There is something special about them. But WHAT? I truly get the feeling when this happens and its not often maybe only once in 2 years or so, that I do know the other person very well in some long ago place before here or something. It sounds out there and Iam certainly not one to believe in too much out there stuff, but this is one that is real and I know it for sure. When I pass,, I wonder, will I get to see these other people and find out what it was all about and how I knew them?

Only theory that I have been given to this that sort of makes sense in a crazy way was given to me by my late grandmother, she told me when I first started having this experience that these special people here were in another lifetime of mine in the same reality as me , I worked with them, or maybe neighbors, or friends, wives, brotheres, bosses and on and on. Perhaps even enemies. Past lives would invovle alot of us going around and around and we may bump into them here and now, feel a connection and a feeling of I know you, but cant place the face because the face has changed in this life.

Whatever it is , it is a neat little oddity of life that Iam glad Iam not the only one experiencing. Thanks for the post, even when a thread is older its still nice when someone posts and you see it pop up again. :)

This is interesting . . to be honest, I've never heard of this before. I've never had a 'connection' with a stranger(s), I really don't connect with people to well. Hmm . . :hmm: . . I don't even connect to my family. :mellow:

That has been happening quite frequently of late.

I'll meet someone and we click right off the bat like we knew each other our whole lives. Strange phenomenon to experience. I do believe in reincarnation, which may explain the strange bonds people can get.

I had a really weird experiance with a girl in Amsterdam about 6 years ago.

In a bar some Italian girls joined us on a table as the place was packed.

There was one girl who I instantly recognised,she didnt speak a word of English and I dont speak Italian but I recalled laughing and joking with her,like we'de met many times before.It was impossible though.It wasnt just visual either,she didnt really resemble anyone I knew,her presence around me was so familiar.Like a best friend who you havent seen for ages.

It was weird because her friends translated that she recognised me too,but it was a bit confusing with the language barrier.We tried chatting for about an hour and then she left me,out of my life forever.....:(

It was like meeting a family member,almost like love at first site but it was more than that.

Weird. :hmm:

I meet alot of people who I instantly like and connect with but this was different.