Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MoD probes UFO sightings

UM-Bot

Image credit: stockxpert
Image credit: stockxpert
Wales is being invaded by little green men, with the Ministry of Defence probing a new UFO sighting every six weeks. MoD records handed to Wales on Sunday show 28 official reports of UFO sightings over the past three years.They include objects with legs spinning over the Valleys, a flying disc over Newport and a large black object hovering above Rhyl.

The MoD says there are probably "rational explanations" for the sightings, but it would be a waste of money to examine further.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: IC Wales

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Welsh Shaun

• Irish

• UM-Bot

• darkknight

Top Posters In This Topic

We do not attempt to identify the precise nature of each sighting reported to us."We believe that rational explanations, such as aircraft lights or natural phenomena, could be found for them if resources were diverted for this purpose, but it is not the function of the MoD to provide this kind of aerial identification service."It would be an inappropriate use of defence resources if we were to do so."

I wonder who's job it is to identify aerial phenomena, which shows up on their radars, considering that this is the MINISTRY OF DEFENSE!!

As I live in Wales, I have to say this is the first Ive heard about it. Nothing in the press at all.

I will keep a look out though

The figures, released under the Freedom of Information Act, show seven sightings in 2002, eight in 2003, four in 2004 and nine so far this year.All but one were spotted in the south of the country

The Freedom of Information act applies to the UK, as well? Or do you have your own version of it over there? Cos it's weird that it keeps showing up everywhere.

Well I have been to many of the Welsh holiday camps, ex POW camps that have been converted to cheap holiday retreats. Perhaps they are looking for cut rate holiday packages.

And with on site medical facilities, well it would be like Disneyland and Vegas rolled into one for them aliens. They could conduct experimental probes and the tourists would think it was part of the entertainment package. Even the food served tasted alien to me, wait a minute maybe they are the ones running the place! :cry:

I hope thats not a dig at my welsh culture and heritage?

and by the way the gower is one of the most picturesqe places in the world.

I hope thats not a dig at my welsh culture and heritage?

and by the way the gower is one of the most picturesqe places in the world.

Not a dig, just an observation from your Celtic brethrens.

Cheers

Irish

:tu:

Its OK my mother from Athlone and her surnames McCamley.

Theres a little Irish in me?

:alien: Well lets see. The Ministry of Defense say its a wast of resources to check out UFO sightings . So any one can fly anything over Wales and no one will care. Cool . Now if one of these unknown flying things dropped a bomb , then they would ask why no one told them about it before it happened , who gets the blame?

If you want the MOD to look into the matter , tell them an air craft filled with tea and jelly doughnuts were flying over head. THAT THEY WOULD LOOK INTO! :D

The only thing that Wales will be invaded by is the mighty All Blacks from New Zealand.I feel very sorry for welash poeple when we they visit they will wish the aliens had taken over.

• 1 month later...