Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why pray?

iaapac

rainbow,

if you look at the success/failure rates of 'prayers', by your model then the entire universe is broken and in need of an overhaul.

yea that is tru

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iaapac

• Paranoid Android

If God is all-knowing, then certainly he knows your needs, your failures and weaknesses, when you want to say thank you, etc. These messages would come from the heart, not from the lips and would obviously be known to a God who knows when a sparrow falls. So why pray?

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

And it also says "Ask and ye shall receive." Now how many really believe that?

Well a wife who is all knowing still likes to hear I love you even if she knows it. And if a man loves her they will recive pleasure from telling her that they love her. :yes:

Well a wife who is all knowing still likes to hear I love you even if she knows it. And if a man loves her they will recive pleasure from telling her that they love her. :yes:

Wow! I said "Just joking." It was just something I couldn't resist. I'm sorry. Even so, the reactions and needs of an all-knowing wife cannot be compared to an all-knowing God who knows what you will think or feel.

ANd like hearing it in return too :tu:

Regards, PA.

PS - Love ya babe :wub:

Edited by Paranoid Android

ANd like hearing it in return too :tu:

Regards, PA.

PS - Love ya babe :wub:

Damn! I hope that was for 101!

Damn! I hope that was for 101!

Oh crap Iaapac. I meant to write a :lol: after the all knowing wife. My bad. :blush:

OH PA wubbies you too. :wub:

Wubbies? Wubbies? Is that something like honey buns or snookums?

I guess it is like I love you.

But I wub you.

Or wubbies you.

It is precious. :yes:

Thanks for the translation . . . .

Personally, I wike wearning about new wanguage forms. Love becomes wub, that means that l becomes w and ve becomes b. Interesting. Wet's try, however, to hab wess passion because I get envious. Good wuck and behab yourself.

Thanks for the translation . . . .

Personally, I wike wearning about new wanguage forms. Love becomes wub, that means that l becomes w and ve becomes b. Interesting. Wet's try, however, to hab wess passion because I get envious. Good wuck and behab yourself.

:lol:

So do you not pray and why not?

Praying is a good thing. Even if say we pray for a good day or reassurance from God. It is the fact that one lays over their day or whatever and places it in God's hands. I pray for Mackenzie when she is sick. I also take her to the doctor and apply medicine to her boo boos. When she gets hurt ( a scrape) she automatically comes to me for a kiss and hug and asks me to pray for it. So I do. It allows a person to be reassured. The problems are no longer yours but Gods. :yes:

praying is good for the soul....it makes people feel better to tell their sins that they have committed in prayers. It's not like you pray to god and tell him you WANT to win the lottery, thats just nonsense....

No, I do not pray. It is like your daughter . . . . she does not need to come and ask you to take care of her when she is hurt. You know it and you respond. That is my relationship with my god. I respect that he knows better than I what I need and that eliminates the necessity to ask for things. At the same time, I think he can read my heart and know my fears or gratitude. Maybe no one else would agree with this but it works for us . . . . God and me.

Yes it is automatic. God does know. But maybe in your mind you seriously do think and it is like silent prays, crys from the heart. I believe everyone prays just in different forms.

I pray both silent and aloud. It is a good way to show the person ( a child ) that you love God and he is worthy of appreciattion and consideration. It helps our children understand God and how to have a personal relationship.

In children's church our kids learn to sing aloud to God and praise him by lifting their hands. It is something they learn at a young age. :yes:

But all people do differently.

I come from a penecostal church and I took my friend and she was like OMG that man just fell out on the ground. And she kept asking why do yall sing like that and pray like this? It is different with different people.

Each persons' personality (spiritual) is different.

I find it strange that if we want to know, for example, about the Mayan civilization, we go to archaeological sites and dig until we discover clues that create historic truths. We do that in all fields of study. In mathematics we take equations and retrace them backward until we encounter their source. Science studies our universe by going in reverse. But we do not do that with God. There are countless of ancient writings speaking of him even in the Sumerian times when he was referred to as "El" and it was prohibited to speak his name aloud.

In religion, we do things in reverse. The original characterization of God is now diluted by New Testament writings that have little or no historic basis. We find social adaptations erasing mandates reportedly originating from God. We have reduced the more than 100 commandments to only ten and then we say that within our relationships, we know Him.

Why pray? Well, what if the god or gods you believe are NOT omnipotent and all-seeing? They'd need you to pray to reach them. As for the Christian God, well, let's just say that magical rituals tend to hang over in the human consciousness. It's a habit, and a ritual to bind a religious community together.

Why pray? Well, what if the god or gods you believe are NOT omnipotent and all-seeing? They'd need you to pray to reach them. As for the Christian God, well, let's just say that magical rituals tend to hang over in the human consciousness. It's a habit, and a ritual to bind a religious community together.

Agreed. Praying is the evolutionary step from sacrificing sheep and watching the smoke go upward to heaven.

If God knows the subconcious mind of the human, does God know of the humans' concious effort to know Gods higher thinking in the super-concious mind? The super-concious mind in concious/sub-concious thinking together in a meditative state. If you were to understand the connection, the 'Delta-super-sense' in the superconcious mind.

I understand you ask the question of praying, I myself don't pray anymore. I used to a while back. I did some investigative research in this concious-ness relationship basis in this God/Human shiznit.

*Delta- @ The Trinity*

Edited by PFlack

Personally, I pray to talk to God. In order to help any relationship grow, there needs to be communication. I want to be closer to God and praying to Him is one way I feel more in tune with what He wants for my life.

Why do you tell you partner you love them when they already know. It is a good way to have a personal relationship with God. Even if he is all-knowing.

Ah, but does your partner really know? Love isn't always "forever", you know. In any event, many times saying, "I love you," is likely to be feedback, or to elicit feedback, showing that you are still in tune with each other. I see no reason why any all-knowing "God" would ever need such feedback, but I sure do see where humans do. .

An all-knowing god would know that I'm going to pray and what I am going to pray about. Sounds like an exercise in futility to me. And as far as communication goes, it's pretty much one-way these days. I haven't seen any burning bushes or heard voices telling me to go up on Mt. Sinai.

Personally, I pray to talk to God. In order to help any relationship grow, there needs to be communication. I want to be closer to God and praying to Him is one way I feel more in tune with what He wants for my life.

Well said :tu:

I said something much the same a couple of pages back and it was ignored since people want to think there's some spiritual/religious reason beyond wanting talk to God.

Hopefully, you are not ignored either.

Regards, PA