Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Siberian Ice Giant Video

Sunofone

cryptozoological cover-up or hoax?

this story is very intriguing and the video seems to have been filmed in a harsh surrounding--the description of the animal is that of a cross between a mammoth,a rhino and a bull and the video seems to show something unusual--heres the direct video link and some excerpts from the article--link

This part of my site is where I like to share information about current projects.

user posted image

Approaching Viner-Neyshtadt.

Franz Josef Land

There has been much talk lately that our civilization is reaching "peak oil" - that is, the day when less than half of all the fossil fuels remain to be extracted (see an explanation here http://www.hubbertpeak.com/). All I can say on the subject is that I have found myself journeying to increasingly remote locations over the years in the search for oil.

The Franz Josef Land is an archipelago of several hundred islands covered in ice and snow. It is the second most north piece of land in the world and the most north land in Europe. While several reserves of oil and natural gas have been found on nearby islands (like Novaya Zemlya) as well as across Siberia, no one has yet undertaken a complete survey of the Franz Josef Land because its location is too remote, and its climate often too harsh. However, with the rising need for new sources of oil, Polarneft was granted the right to explore, survey and drill the entire group of islands. I was contacted by Polarneft late last year to be part of a team of surveyors and was assigned to several central islands, the first of which is called Ostrov Viner-Neyshtad. I have been compiling my experiences below, because although we did not find an oil reserve we did find something quite out of the ordinary.

October 5, 2005

Today was strange. The radar readings I was getting from the location Polarneft was interested in did not match the readings they had taken two years previously. In fact they weren’t even close which naturally made me question the original Viner-Neyshtadt data. As the discrepancies continued, we then decided to investigate the site in person and what we found was definitely unusual. A huge expanse of the site now appears to have the remains of a very large animal. It’s massive, simply massive. I took some video of the creature, but am having difficulty accepting the size of the animal and can’t understand how it was never found before. The only thing that makes sense to me is that navigation of this area has always been difficult. Even though the island is at the center of the archipelago, it has always had very unfavorable ice conditions. The sea conditions here are similar to the northern straits of Avstryisky Proliv and difficult to examine, but with the recent reduction of polar sea ice and glacial melting, which I believe to be caused by global warming, this area has now become more accessible. Still, for this to have gone unnoticed with today’s survey equipment is quite unbelievable. Only photos can truly do it justice. The animal appears to be a huge quadruped with horns much like a bull. In fact it looks to be a hybrid of a bull, woolly mammoth and a rhino – if such a thing existed. But its size is truly colossal. The horns are immense in dimension and protrude from the head with incredible length. The body is covered with a combination of coarse fur and what can best be described as ‘body armor’ (like an American armadillo) – protects its enormous joints and head. As the temperature dropped and the winds picked up we had to leave for the day, but we recorded all that we could on the chance we might be hallucinating! The site I have marked is 80 degrees 47’N, 58 degrees 10’E and approximately 2.5 miles from the severe glacial precipe at the north end of the mountain range – impossible to miss if you happen to be in the area.

October 13, 2005

I may have been rather naïve with my last update, as the Polarneft situation became much more threatening after several of us decided not to sign non-disclosure agreements. I don’t think any of us expected such a severe reaction from the company. Obviously, I disagree with their point of view by writing these very entries, but I signed the agreement because at the time I wasn’t quite convinced they were going to let me leave Nenetsky. Since I’ve been back I’ve been unable to contact any of my former colleagues – a disturbing fact. I don’t know if they have chosen to distance themselves or something else, but now the importance of getting this information out is paramount in my view. I also look forward to the interview I am scheduled to have with the British journalist. If anyone else has information on ‘Taurus Major’ they want to share – anonymously or otherwise - please contact me. Also, feel free to forward my site onto others you think may be able to help.

link

Edited by Sunofone

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Green

• Mind_Freak

• mike^_^

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

amazing. so that big "helmet" thing in the video could actually be the things head.

simply amazing. it's a shame we have the gatekeepers of knowledge trying to supress this. imagine if this force didn't exist. I think we'd find our perception of history is more than a little misguided :tu:

lol.. the guy works for a russian oil company.

for some reason I'm finding it hard to see that this is an ad for a game for the Playstation 2

lol.. the guy works for a russian oil company.

for some reason I'm finding it hard to see that this is an ad for a game for the Playstation 2

You see.... truth could be twisted in every way.

Even if you tell the truth present it with evidence , they will always , always

find ways to keep these people quite with all their resources and influence.

That's why.... you the readers can discern if its a hoax or real .

You be the judge if you believe it or not .

marketing :tu:

For sure. There was even a comparison of pics on the other thread between the game and the supposed ice giant. It was a good match.

really this stupid game is gettin on my nerves

why the hell would they release these videos with fake sites.

and what type of advertisement do they think they are getting off of it? besides forums and sites like these who think it's real first, then after a couple days everyone agrees its another damn commercial. why don't they advertise for the actual game in any of these :angry2:

corporate clowns :angry:

This is why is pays to be sceptical until you have had a chance to check the facts and compare evidence ;)

This is why is pays to be sceptical until you have had a chance to check the facts and compare evidence ;)

:tu:

A coverup of the story is underway and most of the video has been confiscated. Steve thinks the powers that be want to keep this story hidden and extract it’s DNA

A coverup of the story is underway and most of the video has been confiscated. Steve thinks the powers that be want to keep this story hidden and extract it’s DNA

...no. It's for a game, why do people resist it? It's a marketing ploy, you got tricked, end of story.

one thing though, what type of marketing are they getting out of it? besides sites like this..?

unless maybe when they release the game, they will have like a fake newscast showing the videos, kinda like "Oilstorm" , remember that?

one thing though, what type of marketing are they getting out of it? besides sites like this..?

unless maybe when they release the game, they will have like a fake newscast showing the videos, kinda like "Oilstorm" , remember that?

The game's already been released, I believe.

As for marketing; Well, we're talking about it, aren't we? Isn't that the goal of marketing?

The game's already been released, I believe.

As for marketing; Well, we're talking about it, aren't we? Isn't that the goal of marketing?

yes,but not many kids who play playstation2 are understanding the goal of marketing...could be cover up and even we can't feel that,lol

...no. It's for a game, why do people resist it? It's a marketing ploy, you got tricked, end of story.

I know what 25min is talking about, Steve Quayle mentioned something about it. He's talking about a separate site unrelated to the game.

I thought that the giant on the indian shore was the marketing ploy, not this one...

This one has it's own site that in no way shape or form gave credit to any game company... If this was for a game, they would mention the name of the game on the site. If it was a marketing ploy, they wouldn't focus on the animal so much, they would focus on getting the game's name out, and make it well known. I really doubt that someone would try to sell a game using this. If this is a marketing ploy, the guy/girl with the idea should GO BACK TO THE OTHER THING THEY DID BEFORE TRYING TO PROMOTE A GAME. I've been to the site, and i don't even know the name of the game. If this was for marketing, mission failed!

Mind Freak 20:12

PEACE

Edited by Mind_Freak2012

Wise man say: he who believes anything is easily fooled :rolleyes:

Can I just put an end to this. A friend of mine works for Sony, and yes, this is an ad for a Playstation 2 game.

End of story, sorry guys. :hmm:

Can I just put an end to this. A friend of mine works for Sony, and yes, this is an ad for a Playstation 2 game.

I want to see for myself... What is the game called?

Why should we believe you Walton?

Does your friend has some evidence or some new words about the Siberian Ice Gian video?

I know its easy to say isn't?Come on,LOL

Listen to this now:

A friend of mine works for Sony, and he said that the Siberian video has nothing to do with any video game...or so called''Shadow of the Colossus''

CHECK IT OUT

http://www.us.playstation.com/pressreleases.aspx?id=302

END OF STORY

:wub:

I thought that the giant on the indian shore was the marketing ploy, not this one...

This one has it's own site that in no way shape or form gave credit to any game company... If this was for a game, they would mention the name of the game on the site. If it was a marketing ploy, they wouldn't focus on the animal so much, they would focus on getting the game's name out, and make it well known. I really doubt that someone would try to sell a game using this. If this is a marketing ploy, the guy/girl with the idea should GO BACK TO THE OTHER THING THEY DID BEFORE TRYING TO PROMOTE A GAME. I've been to the site, and i don't even know the name of the game. If this was for marketing, mission failed!

Mind Freak 20:12

PEACE

Yeah...good boy,thats right :tu:

If there are no evidence why should we believe all the speculations around?

If this was for marketing, mission failed for SONY

Strange stuff indeed :ph34r: he he

Edited by 25min

Oh yes...The sweet, sweet smell of being right. :)

Mind Freak has spoken!

It is obvioius some people will believe anything even if it has been proven false. Unbelievable.