Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fell off my horse

joc

Just bored and in pain and wanted everyone to know I fell off my horse...actually I didn't fall off my horse...I 'flew' off of him...at break neck speed into the arena pipe fence. He began galloping on his own without any prompting from me and continued to increase his speed...he disregarded all commands and was going so fast I had no choice but to 'dismount' which could have ended tragically...

...there wasn't a good ending for that story...I slammed into the pipe fence and then into the ground, injuring my left shoulder, my right back rib cage and my tail bone....it is all quite painful but nothing apparently broken....

...so that is my sad story...you may all now go about the business at hand. :cry:

user posted image

Flip...a race horse...17 years old...faster than a speeding bullet!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• Piney

• Irish

• SnakeProphet

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Flip does not end up at the glue factory :blink:

Glad you are OK :tu:

Irish

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Fortunatly, this accident didn't affect your chess-playing abilities as you're ripping me into pieces right now. :lol:

Ouch, it hurts when I laugh...not when I type :P

Glad nothing serious happened. Could have been much worse. :(

Was it at all fun flying for those few seconds till you hit the fence?

Ouch, I feel for you...

Sounds like you have a spirited animal on your hands. :yes:

Was it at all fun flying for those few seconds till you hit the fence?

Uh...no. It was more like a quarter of a second...no memory of flying actually...my memory goes from deciding to dismount to curled up on the dirt cursing! My wife told me I 'flew'.

user posted image

That sounds awfully painful!! Glad nothing was broken; I hope you get better soon!! :)

When you fall off your high horse... GET BACK ON :D!

ouch! at least it wasn't worse, right? hope you get better.

When you fall off your high horse... GET BACK ON :D!

I can tell you this...I will NEVER ride Flip again! Never! I am not one to push the luck envelope too far. :no:

Man, that sucks! I hope you mend quickly. I had a ferret once that climbed up my pants leg and went psycho on me...

I hate ferrets now. :blink:

glad ur ok...but ur horse isn't car that you can control. its living breathing creature and should be treat as such...when flip ain't ready.... dont ride.

Aww you poor thing!

The worst injury I have received from a horse is a sore foot when a pony walked over my foot by accident :P

Thanks for all of your sympathies. I am beginning to feel better...except my tail bone is still very sore. :blush:

I think it must have had something to do with the saddle being too high up on his back and either too tight or not tight enough. I think he was getting pinched somehow and was trying to get away from the whole thing....man, is that a fast horse....and in a small arena...I can only imagine how fast and what kind of a ride it would be in his full gallop stride on the open pasture. :rolleyes:

I do appreciate all of your concern. Thanks. That in itself made me feel better. :tu:

Aww sweetie...I'll rub it better for you hun. :devil:

Glad you are starting to feel better hun. :wub:

Whoa, Sounds like a wild ride. I am glad you understand old Flip didn't try to kill ya. (I have seen horses try to kill their owners.) I had one run away with me one time. My friend yelled turn his head to the side. I did, he fell and dumped me off in the grass. Then he kicked me as he got up. I never again asked my parents for a horse. I did ride after that but not that horse. :no: Glad your ok.

Dude I feel for you. I have a mare "Firn" that is old Colonel Colby Rush Creek lines. I breed her to death but she was abused and can't be ridden. If I give her her head, she bucks. If I hold her down she rears. I tried bringing her over a couple of times to break her rearing but had one bad dismount and stopped that stupidity. Usually they stop rearing after landing on their backs but she is intent on killing herself when ridden but she is a great mother.

I hope you feel better.

Lapi'che

Is "Flip" King Ranch "Three Bars" lines ? Because I noticed you are from Texas that is a hot bloodline down there and those "Triple Pine Bar" lines are lightning under saddle.

Lapi'che ni'tis

Glad you didn't break anything but your pride, man. You gonna get back in the saddle, though, right?