Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is wrong with having Faith?

Irish

What is wrong with having Faith?

Having faith is equivalent to having hope, only it is directed more specifically to a reason.

Many on these forums see the word faith and immediately set out to debunk outright as it is were a fire that needs to be extinguished immediately.

Faith is as simple as believing the sun will rise tomorrow so I make my plans for its eventuality.

Yet it is so powerful that Jesus said,” for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you”. Mat 17:30

Why does something that is so simple and yet so powerful causes so much grief with those that do not possess it? Yet those that have it feel they could not get by a day without it.

To Me, Faith is hope that tomorrow will come.

What does Faith mean to you?

All the Best

Irish

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iaapac

• Nxt2Hvn

• Irish

• Jodie.Lynne

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very proud of my strong faith...

Faith to me is

knowing I will one day inherit the Kingdom of God,

knowing that I will one day see my loved ones that have gone on before me,

knowing that no matter what the world dishes out... I will be okay,

knowing that I will have eternal life

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

I think faith is a great thing. I wish I had it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having faith. It gives me hope. Especially when I am going through trials in my life. :yes:

Faith is a beautiful thing. I think those without faith are people who don't have the ability to look forward to something unless they KNOW it will happen. In otherwords, they don't seem to have much trust.

I don't know, it depends how you use your faith. If you don't do a paper or study for a test because you have faith your professor isn't going to show up the next day.... Well, I hope I made my point. It is not good to put faith into something that you have a chance to control.

There's nothing wrong with having faith unless you feel like to have to have faith.

Faith is a wonderous thing.

I myself have faith in many things: My wife, my brothers, my close friends.

I have faith that I am able to handle myself in a myriad of situations.

I have faith in our legal system, despite the mistakes it makes. I also have faith that it will get better.

I even have faith in our form of government, although my faith in the current administration is non-existant.

I have faith that there is an existance after the death of the physical form.

And, despite what some may think, I actually do have faith that the human race will NOT destroy itself, and will go on to become a mature, civilized race of beings. (but not in my lifetime ;) )

JMPD1,

I have faith that you believe all those things, but nothing more.

then your faith in me would be mis-placed my friend.

I am not one to lay my life out for public display in one little post.

;)

It's alright to have faith. But it's wrong to mulch your faith over other people.

I love my faith.. Bast, Goddess/Mother Earth/Gaia, and Dionysus has done me fine.

I think I need to rephrase my post to have it better understood.

I have faith that you honestly have faith in all the things you wrote.

That, however, is the limit of my faith in anything.

Faith is a beautiful thing. I think those without faith are people who don't have the ability to look forward to something unless they KNOW it will happen. In otherwords, they don't seem to have much trust.

incorrect. i have no faith, yet i am able to look forward not just at a hope for one outcome but all possible outcomes and their calculated probabilities simultaniously.

Irish,

That was very eloquently said, very beautiful.

For me it is knowing that even when I am at my breaking point and feel I cannot go a step farther, as long as I have my family and my faith, things will be okay in the end.

Amy

Everyone has faith in something, even if it is faith in nothing. Sometimes our faith is based on tangible things (if I sit in this chair, I have faith that it will hold my weight). Other times it won't be tangible (I have faith in God, I have faith there is no God, I have faith in myself).

We all believe things. Faith is the cornerstone of our lives.

Regards, PA

I could not even fathom to understand all things off God or even what the big plan is. My existence here like everyone else is just a drop in the bucket of time itself I can and do make a difference in society not just as a Christian but as a person too.

I have my moments of doubts even I am sure that Mother Theresa had her days and longed to drop kick someone!

But I am constantly reminded in my heart and soul that we are not forgotten by our Creator.

I am not a religious person. Remember that it was religious men (the Sanhedrin) that were the accusers; of my Lord Jesus Christ it was these same religious men who demanded His execution from the Roman Empire.

Actually I was a devout atheist into my mid twenties. It was my personal goal to destroy others faith with sound reasoning and logic. I arrived at a point in my battles with the faithful where I was unable to counter with a good argument and decided to say a personal prayer to this supposed deity at that time and asked God to prove Himself to me. And well, He met that personal challenge of mine with love and logic, and from that point on I am eternally grateful.

Irish

I could not even fathom to understand all things off God or even what the big plan is. My existence here like everyone else is just a drop in the bucket of time itself I can and do make a difference in society not just as a Christian but as a person too.

I have my moments of doubts even I am sure that Mother Theresa had her days and longed to drop kick someone!

But I am constantly reminded in my heart and soul that we are not forgotten by our Creator.

I am not a religious person. Remember that it was religious men (the Sanhedrin) that were the accusers; of my Lord Jesus Christ it was these same religious men who demanded His execution from the Roman Empire.

Actually I was a devout atheist into my mid twenties. It was my personal goal to destroy others faith with sound reasoning and logic. I arrived at a point in my battles with the faithful where I was unable to counter with a good argument and decided to say a personal prayer to this supposed deity at that time and asked God to prove Himself to me. And well, He met that personal challenge of mine with love and logic, and from that point on I am eternally grateful.

Irish

You are an inspiration to many Irish... thanks for posting! :)