Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
goshute

very strong perfume smell

8 posts in this topic

I feel like a fool writing this but it is true as both my wife and I have smelled it for years. It is out side and never in the house. Always in the dark and usually last for less than 10 min.

We have followed the scent through the yard up through the green house up through the garden and for two blocks up to the top of the hill.

It happens randomly from days to months between no rhyme or reason.

will try using a camera next time.

thanks for your time.

goshute

first of all...what kind of smell is it? sweet, foul, bitter? what kind of surrounding enviroments do you have? farms, city, chemical plants? if you have a question about it's origin, it's best to know more details. otherwise, no one will be able to inform you of what it might be. I'll keep watching for the details and maybe i can help ya out. if not, someone on u.m. should be.

will try using a camera next time.

If you have a camera like that you should work in Law enforcement. :tu:

On the paranormal side spirits brings smells with them to help identify them. Do you recognise the smell ?

first of all...what kind of smell is it? sweet, foul, bitter? what kind of surrounding enviroments do you have? farms, city, chemical plants? if you have a question about it's origin, it's best to know more details. otherwise, no one will be able to inform you of what it might be. I'll keep watching for the details and maybe i can help ya out. if not, someone on u.m. should be.

Im not sure but I believe it to be Gardenia. This is something I remember from the 30' 40' A very heavy scent

We're in a small town in nevada high desert. clean air and water.

I guesed it to be a women as some used this in lieu of baths in the late 1870-1920. Our house id on a trail from the spring to the camp site on top of the hill used during this time period. Indian camp site. I do not know just my guess

Goshute

On the paranormal side spirits brings smells with them to help identify them. Do you recognise the smell ?

Not really, my guess is Gardina. Very heavy scent as if it we're poured on to excess.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that my mother used to have a similar experience in a house we used to live in. She's originally from a place where wild rose bushes grow. In fact there were many bushes at her grandmothers house in the town she grew up in. One day she was home alone, working around the house, when the smell of wild roses suddenly filled the house. She said that the smell was almost over powering. But the funny thing is we live in the north were wild roses don't grow...but she's certain that the smell was of wild roses. She searched the house and checked all the cleaning products and none of them had that scent. And then, as suddenly as the scent appeared, it went away. Strange eh? That happened on more than one occasion.

This happened to me also, not more than 2 months ago. I was at my friends house and all of a sudden a strong scent of flowers filled the house. The strange thing was that I was the only one who could smell it. I searched the house and then suddenly it was gone. Now I don't know what all this means, but I just thought I'd share my experience with you and let you know you're not alone. I don't have an explanation...what does everyone else think?

Charlie Flowers

Edited by Magikman

Goshute,

Try looking around to see if there is anything blooming that coincides with the smell that you and your wife are smelling. It could smell like gardenia but actually be another flower. I smell what smells like roses or freesia from time to time. No clue why and there definitely aren't either of those growing where I live. Never associated anything bad with it so I don't worry about it. It's just a pleasant scent. :)