Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nessie

Thinker from the East

draconic chronicler, making a comment like that does nothing for your image except to sink you to his level. That is flaming and will get you a holiday from the site as well if you continue on like that.

Let's keep this to a somewhat intelligent discussion, please.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• draconic chronicler

• frogfish

• aquatus1

• zandore

I'm gonna say this again: Oh get over yourselves. You've proved one thing. YOUR NOT GONNA GET ANYWHERE BY ARGUING! Connect the facts you do know, and you might come up with an outcome. Its as simple as that...

Hello ;)

I have read many of the posts in this thread. I have been to Loch Ness many times, I lived and worked in Inverness for a while.

Do I believe there is a loch Ness monster?- Yes I do. What would it be? i dont know.

The far side of the loch is remote, very quiet- forest covered. if a creature wanted to live sometime on land (as this creature has been sighted many times on land) then it could. If a creature wanted to leave via the river ness it could. The sea is also not far overland, over some quite wild and lonely terrain.

I have spoken to people who have seen the 'monster' and also the loch Morar Monster. I myself spent the day and night many times at the Lochside and have seen things people wrote about 600 years ago. Waves with no wind, movement of water at night (not boat wakes), eerie sounds, I once even saw a 'hump' in Urqhuart bay. I have also been to Loch Lomond, Loch Faskally and stayed there-the same things do not occurr.

As they say- seeing is believing. All you folks who are sceptical and are armchair geographers and explorers can just get up off your rear ends and go have a look!

To the poster who mentioned a supernatural element: Alistair Crowley used to live at Boleskine on the far Loch shore, the churchyard has had eerie occurrences for a thousand years. To those of you interested in researching this part Im sure you will not be dissapointed.

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/scotlan...nverness_7.html

:o

Seeing is not believeing...I saw unicorns before...that doesn't mean they're real :no:

user posted image

I'll say this again.

All Loch ness is is just a myth blown out of proportion...A rogue wave "It must be Nessie". A Log "That must be nessie!" A fish "Look, its nessie!"

Thanks for posting that Lismore, I have always maintained that the creature(s) could leave the water, and that there was much heavily wooded terrain that would allow this. Its good to see that someone who has actually been their many times shares this belief, and also acknowledges the "land" sightings of the creature.

The supernatural information is extremely interesting also, particularly the part about summoning an "angel" and there could be connection with the creature. Although they appear many times in ancient art, there is an excellent representation of a long necked, humped back aquatic reptilian creature on the Augustus Peace Monument in Rome. The creature is a perfect archetype of the believed appearance of the loch ness monster. Though a fearsome looking, sharp toothed beast, it is being ridden by a Nereid which appear in the form of a winged human, which was the form the early Catholic church took to represent the angels in the Bible. Is this only a coincidence? In the field of "angelogy" mostly derived from both Jewish and Catholic literature, angels are described riding "dragons" and numerous Biblical sources refer to them being heavenly creatures, like "angels". You probably are aware that in the original Latin text of the first account of "Nessie", the creature is referred to as a "dragon" as well, and its obedience to St. Columba's command not to harm the human swimmer, if the account is true, suggests it may have indeed been one of these heavenly creatures, if we are to assume there may be truth to the Judao-Christian "God" of the Bible, and the attendant dragons and angles mentioned in the Bible. One, the leviathan, is particularly noted for its aquatic abilities in Job, and these "dragons from the deep" sing praises to God in the Book of Psalms.

All Loch ness is is just a myth blown out of proportion...A rogue wave "It must be Nessie".
To us Nessie might not be real but to others he/she/it is real.

Here we go about dragons again :rolleyes:

With all the hype this "creature" is getting, we would have definite proof by now...a creature this large that breathes air couldn't hide forever.

Anyone seen the 2003 CFZ nessie footage yet? Any comments on it or Freeman’s theory that it could in fact be a giant eel?

Here's the link! :tu:

My question for the advocates of the idea that Nessie can leave the water is twofold.

One, if the creature can leave the water for the nearby woods, shouldn't that have made it more likely to be seen? Especially if it is a large, mainly aquatic-going creature.

Two, how do you reconcile a creature that can leave the water to go into the woods with a plesiosaur-like Nessie? The plesiosaur was almost entirely aquatic, and did not have anything like the limbs that would have enabled them to do anything other than slightly wobble, on a smooth surface. Their limbs were converted into flippers.

As for Draconic Chronicler's position, we need to remember that accounts and descriptions, particularly in religious literature, of mythological and/or supernatural beasts were extremely common, and need to be taken with a grain of salt as to referring to a possibly real creature. The fact that it is believed to exist, and may be a supernatural being, does not mean that it actually does exist.

The long-necked hump-backed reptilian "ketos" sea dragon depicted throughout the Greco Roman world looks surprisingly like the popular depiction of the loch ness monster and plesiosaur. But when depicted on land, you see that it has clawed feet and not flippers. To all the classical scientists/naturalists of the day they were as "real" as lions and elephants. Curiously though, whether Christian, Jew, Pagan Greco Roman, Oriental, and most of the New World, all of these different cultures associated these same creaturs as servants to their respective Gods or Gods themselves as well. Therefore if we are to attribute any spiritual/supernatural "reality" to any of these belief systems (believed in fact by billions of people), then it may explain why these creatures continue to be seen today, as they have for thousands of years, yet also able to remain so elusive.

Edited by draconic chronicler

then it may explain why these creatures continue to be seen today, as they have for thousands of years, yet also able to remain so elusive.

If thney are indeed real...which is highly unprobable.

I definitley think there's something out there. There have been too many people seeing things for it just to be a rumor.

So are unicorns, demons, gargoyes...etc real? Are higly advanced ETs real? Is Bigfoot real? By your reasoning, you should be able to say yes for all of them :yes:

• 3 months later...

nessie (in my opion) is as real

as we are.

Plus DC i bet u a million dollars

u can't go one thread with out

useing the words: dragons or

reptiles :angry2:

Please DC i m worried

step away from your

computer that (i bet)

has little dragon

figures on it

I think that nessie and most of the other lakemonsters in the world are old dinosaurlooking reptiles, that we think has died out, but in real still exists tons of places around the world.

More info on lake mosters

Edited by Norwegian Phoenix

What do you people think nessie is?

Real but changed thru out history

Fake, Just a hoax

A whole different kind of species that has just been

Tell me your answer and any notes you have

you should'na scoff at the beastie laddy. It ate my granpa and then it ate my granma and then it ate the entire clan macdougal aye an entire village!!!....even now folk oot tendin to their sheepsies can disappear in the nicht when the moon is low in tha sky and the waters are cast wi' a gloomin mist. SO BEWARE LADDY!!!

Guest Lottie

Nessie is part of our heritage whether real or not... I would like to think she does exist but not as the humped monster everyone has come to love.

you should'na scoff at the beastie laddy. It ate my granpa and then it ate my granma and then it ate the entire clan macdougal aye an entire village!!!....even now folk oot tendin to their sheepsies can disappear in the nicht when the moon is low in tha sky and the waters are cast wi' a gloomin mist. SO BEWARE LADDY!!!

lol

think that nessie and most of the other lakemonsters in the world are old dinosaurlooking reptiles, that we think has died out, but in real still exists tons of places around the world.

Marine reptiles cannot survive anymore in this earth...the earth was a much more warmer and more O2 back then. I just don't see them living anymore....Plus, marine reptiles cannot tolerate freshwater :tu: Where most lake monsters are found.

Anyone want a zoologists view point?

No?

well to bad lol

Nessie is not real for many reason and here they are:

1.) the water is very cold and a large reptile would need to come onto land to heat its body and a large reptile on the shore is an easy thing to take a claer picture of if not catch

2.) if it is not a reptile there is not eough food to support a breeding population of large warm blooded animals

3.) think aobut the incest that had been going on for the millions of years if it was a plaesisor(yea spelt that way wrong) they would be mutated form bith defets and the like.

4.) they would need to breath air and a large population like them would have one surfacing at all times and thus easy pictures i mean the loch is undersurvalence at all times.

5.) the entire loch was frozen solid during the last ice age

i oculd keep goin but i feel this is sufficent for now if u want me to keep goin just ask