Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how do you think it end?

endofthingstocome

i was just wondering how people think humans will be wiped out.

obviously there is no correct answer, i just wanto hear some of the things people think "could" happen that will cause the race of "humans" to become extinct.

we have seen time and time again how civilization outsmarts itself, (with anything fom cutting down forrests to making nuclear weapons to polution into the atmoshpere) starting something without thinknig about the problems it could cause, now on all of those examples its almost too late to change anything. Will it be something like this that causes mankind to fall?

what do you think will end the reign of civilization?

or end the world even...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuhiBuhi-Kun

• endofthingstocome

• Homer

• Exeter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nuclear or Biological warfare, everyday we are thinking up new ways to kill each other, i would say this would be most likely.

I think someone is going to p*** me off one too many times, and Homer's wrath will bring forth total annihilation. Not just this planet, or even this solar system, but the entire galaxy cluster.

Now for a more serious answer, I think if it happens at all, humanities extinction will be caused by changes in the climate. More specifically, the shifting of the tectonic plates causes volcanic activity, and too much volcanic activity causes undesirable effects to the very air we breathe, as well as influences the weather throughout the world. This, along with humanities role in polluting the planet and eradicating the rainforests and other environmental nightmares causing worldwide climate changes. So my answer is climate change, but not caused by any one thing, and not to exclude an impact which creates a fallout that influences the global climate.

I don´t know how, but most likely it is something that humans does for themselves.

And further I think natures way to keep a spieces down on a normal level will couse a plague that we can not stop eventually...think the plagues"sars,ebola, aids etc" is ways for nature to do just that.( we have stopped/limited those thought )

I don´t think a plague like that will exterminate the human race fully but takes it down to a level nature and mother earth wants. (tries to balance it)

Thats what I think.

Too many plausible answers for the end of civilization.

However, barring an unforeseeable cosmic catastrophe, the world will end when our sun goes into it's red giant stage and fries it out of existence.

Exeter,

Don't be so pessimistic. A little sun screen and some cool sunglasses should be sufficient for the Red Giant grin2.gif

Homer's ready cool.gif

Edited by Homer

I think we should be speaking of things on a more 'galactic' scale when discussing what is likely to bring about the end of mankind.

Within 100-200 years we could easily be living on Mars, the moon, and possibly further afield aswell. Within 1000 years who knows, and by the time the sun becomes a red giant we will have probably colonised half the galaxy.

Disasters affecting the earth will not be the ultimate demise of humans, not unless something major happens within the next couple of centuries.

i dont care what any expert says, its gona be a hell of a lot longer than 200 years before we can colonize mars. The moon is a little bit more realistic, but who would wana live on the moon.

I think some super bug will get us long before we get off this little piece of rock. All hail our new master, the virus! Biological of course. In fact some are using me to breed more soldiers (masters) right now...

I don´t think a plague like that will exterminate the human race fully but takes it down to a level nature and mother earth wants. (tries to balance it)

Thats what I think.

I agree Kaj original.gif

I think someone is going to p*** me off one too many times, and Homer's wrath will bring forth total annihilation. Not just this planet, or even this solar system, but the entire galaxy cluster.

That was my first choice Homer wink2.gif

Seriously though , I don't really see an end , it will just be another change in the cycle .

I believe that the chances of complete extinction of the human race are so very very small as to be near impossible . I mean somebody must be clever enough to survive . Darn it I'll do it ... thumbsup.gif

I agree with Kismit I guess,

but I think the next cycle will involve cockroaches developing intelligence.

Look out Homo Sapiens, here comes Blaberus Giganteus!! All hail our Viral and Cockroachian masters!!

Oh ya girls,

this fella likes midnight strolls on cool tile surfaces and kicking back with a nice greasy french fry that fell behind the stove. Quick, agile, has a six pack and reflexes that defy reason. This athletic hunk will make your knees weak....

post-52-1061716971.jpg

i think humanity WILL become extinct. there is alot of evidence showing that humans were not meant for civilization. Living in caves, hunting animals. i dont know how many people beleive in the faculties of the mind, things like telakenesis and self healing through mind power, things like that. But i think that the people in caves use to have these ablilities, then they evolved into what we call "civilization", cities, religion, polatics etc. and since then the worlds been nuthing but wars, famine, Pestilence, betrayal and destruction. i dont know about any1 else, but i cant see that improving in the future. and if an asteroid doesnt hit the earth or our sun doesnt expload or the world doesnt ice over. then humanity will Inevitably destroy itself.

But i think that the people in caves use to have these ablilities, then they evolved into what we call "civilization", cities, religion, polatics etc. and since then the worlds been nuthing but wars, famine, Pestilence, betrayal and destruction.

You're not saying that you're calling this primitive "society", in which people would bash each other heads in for a chunk of mammoth meat, Utopia, now are you?

I really don't think that these Neanderthals (pardon my archeological ignorance) were shiny, happy people chasing butterflies with daisies in their hair.

I really don't think that these Neanderthals (pardon my archeological ignorance) were shiny, happy people chasing butterflies with daisies in their hair.

Eloquently put,

just wanted to mention you made me fall out of my chair laughing.

heh,

no, i didnt mean that they lived like a happy family in there little caves. the point i was tryign to make (which apparently i didnt make very well) was that evolution of mankind has its price. with more intelect and more insight into space, atoms, the human body etc. There is always going to be bigger and bigger disasters (prime example: september 11th) plane-building-lots of people--....do you think these "neanderthals" could Obliterate a large portion of a continent with a nuclear bomb?, could they create a Biological plague and let it loose on an army?, could they create polution with their little camp fires to put a hole in the ozone layer.

my point is simply that the more evolution progresses and mankind create new inventions without thinking of what could happen 10-50-500 years into the future.

then humans will outsmart themselves 1 time too many and the race will be either extinct or damaged an enormous amount.

I agree with Kismit and SaRuMaN. Unless an extiction sized asteroid hits us within the next 200-300 years or so, I don't see humanity becoming extict at all. Establishing a colony doesn't mean anything unless it is self sufficient, and it may take this long before that can be achieved.

If the earth was to be hit by an astroid or meteor to destroy it, by the time that we were hit, they most likely will have already set up stations else where or would possibly have the technology to have the item moved so that it would not have Earth as a target.

So I think unless there is a catastrophe of nature, not space, that human life will keep going. We are already working on colonies in space. is that not what , in part, the space station is. To see how human life can sustain in space?

I think the lizard things under the Denver airport will have a huge war with the Plaeidians and we'll be caught in the middle and face extinction but will live on in the human/alien hybrids they are creating....sorry too much David Icke...

Well Sauron will find his ring and well you know....seriously I'll stick to my Biblical beliefs on that....I am not starting a debate just stateing my opinion so please no flame...

if there's a possibility of an end to mankind,i'd say nuclear warhead probs.

look at N.Korea,maybe some people would say they'd have no future in making this weapons of mass destruction but who knows,right??anyone is capable of anything.

i kind of agree that they are doing this for security measures but say if some accident happens.......i daren't imagine how much of warheads they have,probably not just enough to fry this whole Earth in a matter of seconds but maybe even reaching Venus or Mars or something.

Maybe an asteroid, heated by our atmosphere, would hit the Artic and melt it causeing global flooding, either that or

A. the sun blows up

B. giant asteroids

C. Our own 'stuff', like biological warfare will eventually destroy the world. sad.gif but now im going to have trublle sleeping ' no mankind will not become extinct, no mankind...'

Concerning evolution, I think it's fairly obvious that mankind won't be around in it's present form until the end of time. Whether it's 10,000 or 10 million years from now, our future generations will be different from us. Events such as dramatic changes in climate that last for several millennia, increases/decreases in cosmic radiation, and spontaneous mutation of diseases all have a direct influence on mankind's evolution. These events have happened before, and most likely will happen again.

Another point is that we may evolve into something we wouldn't find so esthetically pleasing. We may not become the brilliant "space faring" heroes we like to imagine, but rather, may revert to a simpler, less societal form of life.