Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mystify

I SAW CHITCHEN ITZA!!!

4 posts in this topic

Hey All..... :st

Well I finally did it. I went down to Mexico with the girlfriend and actually got to see one of the biggest mayan cities ever.... next to Palenque that is.

Anywho... It was amazing.  I was only saddened by the fact that much of it is unaccessible to the public due to....VANDALISM!!! Seems that alot of people are still into tagging their names on things regardless of the importance of what they are taggin. Also much of it is in ruins and dangerous to attempt a climb...Can you believe it. Geeze... that p***ed me off. But none the less the main Castle was the one thing we were allowed to climb. That itself is a view and a half. (Yes I have pictures... but must wait to get to a scanner :-[ )  Climbing up the 90 or so steps wasnt bad... turning around to climb down was a different story. Must be atleast a 70 degree slope... but with the help of a chain rope it wasn't that bad. The View up top was breath taking.  I never actually realized how big the city itself actually was. It took a 4 hour bus ride to get there from our hotel and we did about 3 hours of walking around the city and still only saw about 50% of it all. We were a little to late to actually go inside of it as the lights were turned off just about the time we got to the main Pyramid (Castle) ... None the less it was amazing folks!!! I can't wait to show the pics :)

I think Palenque will be my next main place to visit. Our guide said it was more beautiful that all the cities and bigger....

Anyways.. that's all for now.

Ciao Amigos

Cool, can't wait for the photos.

The only place i've been to like that is Borobudur, i'll have to dig out those photos!

Mystify,

Glad to hear you had a great trip - and you've got pictures...!       Can't wait to see them!  

Welcome back!   :st

KC

Sounds like you had a terrific time, Mystify. I look forward to seeing the pics :)