Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Nessie actually...there?

Engulf

actually,i've rad bout an article from some expert(i think) who claims that Nessie isn't actually there.he says that Nessie is actually some sort of spirit,e.g. ghosts.as we all knew,ghosts tend to 'haunt' a place and repeats its actions time after time again.if that could happen to humans and animals,why not Nessie?

it's been a (very)long time since the first sighting of Nessie and still the best proof we've gotten are pictures,video-recorded stuff and some sonar thingy.why hasn't it been captured yet??i mean we've got modern technology to actually search and maybe even catch it if we wanted......

that's actually wut that so-called xpert said in his explanation.for me,i believe that Nessie's still there,but this article got me pondering for some time though.....wut do u think?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo Koolzooie

• Engulf

• snuffypuffer

• elvish~mermaid

I think Nessie is the product of some overactive imagination and some realestate developers looking to up the price.

For me, the loch ness monster is as real as my goldfish in the pond outside rolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...

the loch ness monster is fake, the creator of it told all about it on some show and in the newspaper, sry if this doesnt sound credible, but i remember it from like 3 years ago. the guy proved that he made a rc boat that had a head on it. then the rest snowballed and ALL of the pics are either someones creation of essie or photoshop

The legend of the Loch Ness monster has been around a lot longer than television or radio controlled boats.

I believe in you, Nessie

I believe Nessie may have once existed, but with how often scientists claim to have looked in the Loch, it appears that Nessie is no longer there.

Or that is is a big, infertile eel.

You see, they claim to have found nothing, then claim it's an eel. Kind of hard to figure what the truth is.

What, they claimed it was an eel after claiming they found nothing? The same scientists? Sounds like backtracking to me. Personally, I don't think anything's in there, but you never know.

No, think they was different scientists. But either way it doesn't make sence.

Bugger! I'm gonna be guilty now of something I hate other people doing, posting an explanation without facts, but I promise to look for the facts tomorrow.

Benjo's right there is an eel which is born infertile therefore it has no longing to return to the Sargaso (probly spelt wrong) Sea from where it was spawned. These eels have become a phenomena in there own right as they can grow to huge proportions, because they don't leave to spawn, they live a long and lazy life, just eating and growing. They are thought to be responsible for the majority of "Lake Monster" sightings around the world.

But there's no way I'm gonna tell the Scottish there's no such thing as Nessie...I like my teeth where they are thanks. grin2.gif

Edited by Halo_Jones

In my opinion, the only way that the truth will be revealed is if they, a) Drain the lake, or b)Outsmart it. I mean, if it has been there for as long as we all think it has, most likely it has become extremely smart and is able to outsmart most, if not all humans who try and find it

In my opinion, the only way that the truth will be revealed is if they, a) Drain the lake, or b)Outsmart it. I mean, if it has been there for as long as we all think it has, most likely it has become extremely smart and is able to outsmart most, if not all humans who try and find it

Outsmart it?How?Please do explain.Anyways i don't think that it's outsmarting or rather playing some hide-and-seek game with us.If it's there, it's just afraid of us humans.Besides that, locating Nessie is a tough job as the lake is just super-huge and of the deepest of depths.

Draining the lake?......well.....i don't think that's too wise of an oppinion to be considered sad.gif

I used to be a nessie fan butNow I'm starting to lean in champ and chupa's favor because nessie is sorta common. disgust.gif

The deepest section of Loch Ness has been measured at 975 feet, and that's exceptionally deep for an inland lake......although Loch Morar beats this at 1036 feet. Strangely enough, this loch is also supposed to have a monster in it......

Chris Low.

Okay, if you drain the loch, where are you gonna put all that water? That is highly impracticle, no matter what you're trying to find.

Nessie? Sure, I think there is (or at least was) some sort of bizarre, semi-aquatic, anomalous entity living in the lake... but a relic plesiosaur? Of all the things it may have been - just about last on my list would be a cold blooded, marine reptile deciding to make its home in the frigid, freshwater climes of Ness...

A rogue, long necked seal... a slug-like creature such as the Tullimonstrum... a giant eel, sure, why not?

But a dinosaur... an air breathing dinosaur no less... I just don't buy it.

... but I still believe there's a monster in there thumbsup.gif

Okay...Mybe the sighting of nessie is just misidentification of other aqutic animal in the loch ness...But how about the sighting on the land....some say they have seen the loch ness monster in the land....Hmmmmm......

But what so ever i personaly dont think that the nessie is real... tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Hi People, I never saw Nessie myself, as didn't most of us, but I read a lot about the phenomenon. Anyway, I can't believe that all the people who saw an animal over the centuries are misleaded fools. That's far more unlikely than there being a remnant of prehistorical times, if you ask me.

As a rule, people who live on a certain spot all their lives know damned well what they are looking at, and many of those around Loch Ness and other lakes saw the creature one way or another. They are less likely to make a fuss of it than many tourists , who can't distinguish an log from a seabird, let alone recognise a Plesiosaur, or whatever.

That some scientists are forever inclined to debunk things they don't want to be there, that's a fact of life. Another fact is that unsolved things don't go away, if we believe in them or not. So let's keep an open mind, and read a book or two.

personally, i think that there definately could be a nessie, even if we don't have full evidence of it yet. just because something hasn't been caught or have concrete evidence doesn't necessarily mean it's not true, in my opinion. i mean, lots of people believe in a religion but there's not really full proof of that, is there? so whose to say that nessie doesn't exist or that all these mythical creatures dont exist, or at least did at one point?

totally agree with you mermaid! the stories have to come from somewhere.

Speaking of nessie, I have a documentary on Loch Ness, where scientists where looking at some worms on bottom called nimatoads, was a whole new species of worm , but in that documentary they showed a video some guy took that showed nessie moving toward the far shore with cars passing by and birds flying over its head, the guy studying the video was a expert from navy I believe he said it wasnt fake and did several tests on the film , and it showed a big body of something swimming searching and panning for fish, so who knows. It was a Discovery Channel thing called Loch Ness Discovered. huh.gif be ineterested to knowing if anyone has seen this, and what they think about it - later

I don't know about Nessie, but some guy has just walked from one end of Lock Ness to the other in an old diving suit.

He didn't see anything while he was down there!