Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christ & Anti-Christ

gothikchile13

I'm glad I initiated one of the most awesome and thought-out battles ever on the Internet.

--Jon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zandore

• Fluffybunny

• Link of Hyrule

• gothikchile13

Mako, like I said, don't go around making claims about people you don't know. I am not an Evangelgist, and I do not worship a "dark God". I worship a just, loving God who loves all of His creations even if they don't believe in Him. My God is not the often falsely portrayed, vengeful God in the beginning of the Book of Revelation, but the merciful One at the end of it, who destroys evil and reforms the Earth into a paradise to be inhabited by all of those who believe in Him in some Form. As long as you believe in some type of higher power, He has no problem with you. :innocent:

Did you really use the word blasphemize? :w00t:

I'm gonna use that sometime :tu:

huH?

you say if you believe in a higher power- God will not be mad? What church do you attend? Or is this a belief you have come up with. God does state things such as you know. But he doesn't say you will go to the Christian heaven without Jesus in your heart.

:) - This is me stating my belief.

*leaves thread*

You see, I've believed for years that since the Bible was written by man and not directly by God, that there are a few major errors. I've even speculated that Jesus is more of an idea than an actual person. Something like God's way of telling us what we should make an effort to be.

.....that there are a few major errors.

I also have been telling PA that for a while now.

I've even speculated that Jesus is more of an idea than an actual person.
There is more evidence for Saint Nicholas then there is for Jesus.

In my belief the Bible was written indirectly by God thru the man's hands here on Earth.

I think It is just a way some believe though and I like the idea of this.

There is more evidence for Saint Nicholas then there is for Jesus.

Hi zandor

I have been looking into evidence the last few days and found some interesting stuff that I posted over here

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...topic=57117&hl=

Probably not anough to convince you, never the less good fodder for a freindly duel.

Cheers Irish

PS Forgive my little trite with Gideon I just hate to be falsely accused of something!

Edited by Irish

You call my God, the Christian God, a demon?!?! The ONE who created you?!?! I believe that there are about 2 billion Christians right now that would pay to see you burned at the stake!!!

Count me out of that one. there's been enough of that in our history already.

I've read this entire thread and it has been very interesting. My hope is that with the emergence of a new paradigm, all this "I'm right, you're wrong" stuff will find its resolution. The important thing, I believe, is that we are all sons and daughters of a creator who has at the core, infinite compassion. For those of us who see that truth in the life and ministry of Jesus, it means that we have a model of how to live that is based on an incredible commitment to love and seeing the Light in everyone's heart. The one's closest to Jesus when he walked the earth were not Christian. That came later. They were simply folks struggling to make sense of that deeper stirring within them to know God.

Good luck :tu:

Hi zandor

I have been looking into evidence the last few days and found some interesting stuff that I posted over here

You, Mako and Gideon ended it before I got back on here

PS Forgive my little trite with Gideon I just hate to be falsely accused of something!
I was am staying out of that one! :no:

The word Christ is Greek for the chosen or annointed one.

to be the opposite of this would mean you are the damned one.

that would mean i am a cursed one because i do not follow the faith set down in 400 ad, preached by a man who the Romans ordered to be crucified for being a trouble maker, and mind you these were the same type of people who met Julius Ceasar on the steps of the Senate and stabbed him to death.

Come on, give me a break here, just because i am no bleeding christian doesn't mean squat, it means i have my believe system in place.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it funny that people on this forum who claim to be "Christians" say that they would pay for someone to be burned at the stake just because someone has an opinion. Is it not correct that you are taught to turn the other cheek instead of insulting someone intelligent or acting as though your superior and all knowing, you are not god.

falseprophet15 wrote-And as to the seven years message-if you don't start asking forgiveness now, there is no hope for you.

posts like these make no sense.

falseprophet15 Answer this for me, are you god? If not who are to say their is no hope? You claim that you’ve studied Christianity for x amount of years and you act as though you are above another because so. why do you even need to defend yourself, I recall pride is a sin is not? :rolleyes:

falseprophet15 wrote-When the event that you say will not happen does indeed occur, and you are brought before our Lord and Saviour to be judged for all your past actions, He will look into your soul- a soul of a broken and emotionless man; one who was repeatedly blasphemous, and see that you are beyond redemption. And in the last moments, before He casts you into nothingness, perhaps you will see the error of your ways. And since you say people have delivered this prophecy unto you before, they probably also saw your eventual fate- and I doubt a single one of them felt pity. I hope you do not believe that I am being "mean" to you, for I am offering you a path to Salvation, though you will probably not take it.

Shame on you, I cant even begin to state all that is wrong in your post. You know nothing of gods actions because you are not him. How can damn his soul and call yourself a believer of god, you are not innocent? A false prophet you are indeed my friend. :devil:

Christians like these is why I have hated them for so long, but after meeting true followers of the belief I have begun to understand them. I am agnostic myself and do not believe either side can be proven (whether or not god exists).

If you choose to be a Christian or an atheist shouldn’t you act like one? ;)

Well anyways back on topic-

I never heard of their being another Christ but I did recall their being someone who is supposed to expose the anti-Christ for who he is. I believe this person is supposed to die and be reincarnated like Jesus was... I was told :hmm:

Have not read any other posts or am not replying to anyone in particular...

The Christian bible is supposedly the "guidebook of life" and is what christianity was originally based upon. (This is where what the jewish disciples.. wrote down the "word of God", without this there is no other evident basis at all to christianity).

That being said I understand people who say they agree with "christianity" or call themselves "christians" less than christians who (at least claim to) actually follow this bible in many ways. I mean how can you say you are a christian and then pick and choose what to believe and what not (picking love and happiness and condoning slavery for example)????

That being said for the people who even really do call the bible the "word of god" word for word throw out lots of other stuff a lot of time.. .

From a site I found interesting a while ago... "In the Old Testament, the Christian god personally murders infants and children (Exodus 12:29, II Kings 2:23,24), it supports slavery (Exodus 21:20, Duet. 15:12-17, Duet. 20:10, Joshua 16:10) and, time and again, it orders its chosen people to massacre men, women and children (Samuel 15:3, Numbers 21:31, Isaiah 13:16, Duet. 3:3-8, Joshua 8:24-16, Hosea 13:16, etc.). "

****ing christ... some loving god, genocide, slavery, hating of fags.

MY FAVORITE VERSES: (ONLY A FEW OR THIS POST WOULD NEVER END)

1 Corinthians 14:34-35: "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says, If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

Exodus 21:7: "And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do."

(A father could sell his daughter as a slave. Even though a male slave is automatically given his freedom after 6 years, a female slave remained a slave forever.)

Deuteronomy 22:13-21 requires that a woman be a virgin when she is married. If she has had sexual relations while single in her father's house, then she would be stoned to death. There were no similar virginity requirements for men.

"If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her, And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid....if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you."

Luke 12:47 "And that servant (Greek doulos = slave) who knew his master's will, but did not make ready or act according to his will, shall receive a severe beating."

Luke 14:26, Jesus explains to his followers that "If any man come to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

As would be argued with almost all biblical references, almost all of it is likely given as parable, not necessarily a day-to-day literal guide. When Eve "partook of the fruit" offered by the serpent, the original language used the word "naga" instead of "fruit", which meant "to touch" and "to lie with another carnally". This is why Cain is not in Adam's lineage. But the point is, there is a lot of wordplay, parables, morality lessons and teachings delivered that are erroneously taken as "gospel".

One must not forget mis-translations and human error, no matter how much the fundamentalists will swear up and down that it is impossible for lowly Man to have corrupted the Divine Scriptures. The "hate" of the father and such is also a mistranslation, which in the original language (Greek in this case I think) was "love less", not "hate" - meaning you must value God / Christ above anything else in the world - which to me is STILL wrong, but it doesn't mean "hate" nonetheless.

The Christian bible is supposedly the "guidebook of life" and is what christianity was originally based upon. (This is where what the jewish disciples.. wrote down the "word of God", without this there is no other evident basis at all to christianity).

That being said I understand people who say they agree with "christianity" or call themselves "christians" less than christians who (at least claim to) actually follow this bible in many ways. I mean how can you say you are a christian and then pick and choose what to believe and what not (picking love and happiness and condoning slavery for example)????

Exactly, It seems as though the difference between organized religion and stand alone religion is that organized religion follows only certain scriptures and then adds their own twists.

Its rather amusing how the bible tells that their are to be no graven images or idols of the heavens above but yet theirs always a large cross on top of a church. Even Mormons have an angel covered in gold on top of their temple.

Strange :hmm:

As would be argued with almost all biblical references, almost all of it is likely given as parable, not necessarily a day-to-day literal guide. When Eve "partook of the fruit" offered by the serpent, the original language used the word "naga" instead of "fruit", which meant "to touch" and "to lie with another carnally". This is why Cain is not in Adam's lineage. But the point is, there is a lot of wordplay, parables, morality lessons and teachings delivered that are erroneously taken as "gospel".

One must not forget mis-translations and human error, no matter how much the fundamentalists will swear up and down that it is impossible for lowly Man to have corrupted the Divine Scriptures. The "hate" of the father and such is also a mistranslation, which in the original language (Greek in this case I think) was "love less", not "hate" - meaning you must value God / Christ above anything else in the world - which to me is STILL wrong, but it doesn't mean "hate" nonetheless.

Do you care to explain to me what the rest of these quotes mean then?

And even putting that aside you say

"One must not forget mis-translations and human error, no matter how much the fundamentalists will swear up and down that it is impossible for lowly Man to have corrupted the Divine Scriptures"

Mis-translations and human error?? You just said that the bible's guidelines are not set in stone. If this is all really the word of God wouldn't God have at least made it so its clear that we know what the word of God is and what is not? It can't be man's sin if they are not able to figure out what this quote or any other one that altogether makes christianity means. Also there are going to be those who interpret the following in different ways if God's left it all so open-ended in interpretation.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35: "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says, If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

You also say you opnely disagree with that one verse from the bible even though this is the one and only word of God??

Edited by Jesus' Blood

Mis-translations and human error??

Duh. Like the Red Sea is really the Reed Sea. This is a known mistranslation, but it's still in the Bible. :yes: