Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gold.  Mining of.

GIZZIE

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• GIZZIE

• Homer

• odinsupreme

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to rephrase my question:

How come the Egyptians and earlier races were literally dripping in gold?  Where did it come from? And what skill and intelligence to be able to manipulate it the way they did.

Where did all the gold in the non gold countries come from?

Plus precious stones : sapphires are to be found in Australia, Burma and I've forgotten where else (mental blank, temporary I hope), emeralds (the rarest precious stone in the world), diamonds, etc, etc

Today, we mine, I wonder just what they did yesterday.

Most of your questions can be answered by Trading and mining. Also the technique of panning for gold isn't particularily hard either (just arduous).

Now, i'm no expert in this but i believe that precious stones can be found all over the world naturally - some places more commonly than others.

Modern day mankind is "Dripping" with gold too - think of how much is held in the jewelers, not to mention the government reserves the world over. In comparsion the ancient world had very little gold and jewels, but it also had smaller population so it's ratio of gold per person may not have been that much different.

If i remember corectly most of the gold in ancient eygpt came from the Upper Kingdom or the lands just south of there (the name alludes me atm)

It was their skill and intelligence - The ancient Egyptians have been greatly underated by current Historians and archeologists - Just look at the Pyramids a culture that could build those surely is clever enough to fashion a soft metal with skill

PS, tks for the reply.

I just happen to think that there seemed to be an abundance of gold almost everywhere in those days - I presume it was 24ct as perhaps they didn't know about or use alloys (incidentally, did you know that 9ct (9/24)doesn't exist here in France - they don't consider it gold at all - they use either 18ct or 22ct).

If I'm correct, Welsh gold exists (something about Princess Diana's wedding ring being made of Welsh gold) but in minute amounts.

Pyramids - yes, incredible, Roman acquaducts and underground central heating systems too.  It's strange to think that the supposed intelligence and knowledge is held now in the Western World when we were just cavemen at their times or were we?  I sometimes wonder if some humans developed from apes and some from A&E or even maybe.............another planet which was dying.

It is my personal belief that we are far from properly understanding our own history and that natural and man made disasters have hidden civilisations from us that existed before currently believed. As i have mentioned berfore (this being my pet subject!) i believe that evidence that disputes current historians and archaeologists' views are being swept under the carpet because it threatens their careers and public name, because alot of what we are taught as history is incorrect.

Aliens, different planets? No i don't think so, i also don't believe in ancient extremely advanced civilisations either (tho i must admit to being intriged by the Mahabharata's descriptions and the radioactive levels under pakistan - anybody heard anything about that recently?) But i do believe that there was a civilisation that was around before the earliest that mainstream history would have us believe

GIZZIE,

You asked also where Gold is mined today, well if I am correct in Southern America. Diamons are  mined in South Africa.

I think that there have been more civilazations than we cam imagen. MAybe there was a kind of top (of civilazation like nowadays)  than the world collapsed and then humans slowly came back.

Odin S.

Odin, yep that is what i'd like to believe - in an earlier forgoten civilisation which was advanced enough to map the globe.

By reading my posts, one might have the impression that there are alot of things dealing with the unexplained that I don't believe in. Ancient civilizations isn't one of them. I'm a strong believer in advanced ancient civilizations(not UFO related) as well.

;D

Yep i'm with you on that one Homer, for someone who is on a paranormal forum i seem to be less of a believer than most - or is it that we wish to believe but so far the mass of bogus information is so great that it makes us cynical?

I don't feel i need proof positive necassarily, but ideas and explanations that make sense and work for me.