Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Daja vu and seeing into the future

Indrid Cole

sometimes in the sleeping state just before you wake not dreaming I get small flashes of me being somewhere or talking to people, it could be seen as small dreams that last only seconds.

most of the time when you wake these imiges fade quickly from yor mind but on sevral occasions I have remembered instances which actully happend , being somewhere you have never been and having conversations which you haven't had before.

one instance I was on a bus on my way down to southern england , I was sleeping and before I woke up I had a flash of me working behind a house with my old boss having a conversation I could remember the house the garden and the short conversation .

it stuck in my mind because I was moving down south and I had a falling out with my old boss .

I woke up thinking .....that will never happen .

due to unforseen sircumstances I moved back a year later got offered my old job back and a about six months later I was at the location having the conversation when it clicked .

a kind of daja vu feeling but knowing where you viewed this before.

very strange yes , its happend a few times since and you know the difference between dreaming and this .

it also happens when you are just falling asleep.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indrid Cole

• different

• Wombat

• Sublime

I frequently experience deja vu. its weird, but has not been occuring lately. i can sense the presence of spirits also, which proves to be frightening when visiting some areas.

i made a thread on another forum on the exaxt same thing happening to me, and though it may be deja vu then things happening, it seems the visions last longer if it happens when i dream.with the deja vu, it feels like a whole vision crammed into a few seconds of deja vu, and i only remember a small part of it, but i recall it all when it happens.ive not had them latley thanks to extra long study periods leading to headaches that may be causing a block..?

I made a thread about this. Yes, I have the same experiences, though, the timeframe isn't as far apart as it is for you.

--Jon

I know the difference between seeing these visions and dreaming , some thing's I seen I didn't like , I had to change them or even try to .

I still don't know if these event's will happen , sometimes I feel my life steering towards them and I try and steer it the other way.

the simple thing is choice or is it ......can you change the future?

This happens to me frequently. I don't like the concept of deja vu. I believe we see what will most likly happen.

but when you get the deja vu feeling most people cant remember where they remembered the place , the conversations , Im talking exact dates.

I think that feeling is when have a vision coming in at the last second.

strange, i seem to have the same ability as harmony* when i go somewhere, i can pick up emotions and memories from the place...

Daja vu (spelling?) has been scientifically explained. I heard the explanation once but I didn't quite grasp the concept. I gathered that the mind's ability to differenciate past and present is tampered for a secound. Apparently the brain registers that time's events as having happened before. It happens to everyone I know, including myself.

They could scientifically explain anything .

But do you believe their explanation.

Daja vu (spelling?) has been scientifically explained. I heard the explanation once but I didn't quite grasp the concept. I gathered that the mind's ability to differenciate past and present is tampered for a secound. Apparently the brain registers that time's events as having happened before. It happens to everyone I know, including myself.

Yeah thats the most logical explaning and probably the correct one. We get all these memories and it's amazng how we can put time frames on them, like this happend before that etc..

They could scientifically explain anything .

But do you believe their explanation.

If it is thoroughly explained and proven, then yes, I do believe the explanation. A well-thought out, explicable, tested and provable explanation is far better than a sensationalist, half-baked predjudictic one.

sometimes in the sleeping state just before you wake not dreaming I get small flashes of me being somewhere or talking to people, it could be seen as small dreams that last only seconds.

most of the time when you wake these imiges fade quickly from yor mind but on sevral occasions I have remembered instances which actully happend , being somewhere you have never been and having conversations which you haven't had before.

one instance I was on a bus on my way down to southern england , I was sleeping and before I woke up I had a flash of me working behind a house with my old boss having a conversation I could remember the house the garden and the short conversation .

it stuck in my mind because I was moving down south and I had a falling out with my old boss .

I woke up thinking .....that will never happen .

due to unforseen sircumstances I moved back a year later got offered my old job back and a about six months later I was at the location having the conversation when it clicked .

a kind of daja vu feeling but knowing where you viewed this before.

very strange yes , its happend a few times since and you know the difference between dreaming and this .

it also happens when you are just falling asleep.

I had an experience a 3years ago, too much detail to go into hear, but since then i have experienced deja vu constantly for the 3years since then. Im having it now as i write this. I can only explain it one way. From the moment we are born are brains are making connections and storing information gathered as memories. when we get older our brain has learned how to memorize properly, this is why our childhood seems to have passed so quickly, whilst we are experiencing our childhood and storing it as memories the experience is slow and painfull, then one day its over. we have learnt how to memorize. Now were all grown up and living life the best way we can, a new situation will occur and our brain can memorize it before we have had a chance to comprehend what we have just experienced. Its only afterwards that our brain looks in on the new memory. Already having the memory there to look at we get the sense that we are experiencing it again. hence DEJAVU. thats the only way i can explain it...i sometimes wish it would stop, other times im just glad my memory is working properly. It can be unsettling at times, it feels like im living the exact same life again, maybe i am, and this is my curse and the curse of many millions. perhaps its something else, maybe its god deciding that you should live the same life again, and when you died and went to heaven, god said would you like to go back and get it right this time, you say yes god im sure i can do it right this time, only when you go back to do it again, you end up making the same mistakes, the same choices. maybe its your fate being decided. i honestly dont know, but what i do know is DEJAVU is real and needs more investigation than is currently being researched. thanks :tu: