Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

40 years on: Bermuda Triangle still haunts

UM-Bot

bermuda.jpg
It was probably Louie Giuntoli's voice. The 41-year-old pilot of the C-119 Flying Boxcar sounded calm on the radio as he acknowledged switching to a clearer frequency of 6567 kilocycles.He didn't sound like a man in distress.

He didn't sound like a man about to disappear.The crew from Milwaukee's 440th Airlift Wing was flying over the Atlantic Ocean south of Florida on the heavily traveled Yankee Route.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: JS Online

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• ShaunZero

• InsanePunk22

• saad mohsin

As a farm kid in the 60's I used to see the Flying "Box Cars" flying over the hills of Green County on Training missions. My Uncle Leroy used to parachute from them. Though large and heavy, they flew very low and slow, practicing running below radar. I wonder if on this mission they were flying low over the sea so that the reaction time would be very short in case of engine trouble?

Lots of questions, no answers!

Thats crazy, wonder how many people have really dissapeared around the B-Triangle Area?

Edited by hippiegirl

I do believe there is a logical explanation for this, As I saw on the discovery channel.

Methane gas deposits under the bermuda trangle rise through the sea and up into the planes engine, As tested by these scientists less than 1.0% of methane gas into those model planes engine will make it die out.

As for the boats, Humongus methane gas bubbles tipping it over.

Thats news to me, methane deposits huh. Interesting, I'll have to look into that.

Thats crazy, wonder how many people have really dissapeared around the B-Triangle Area?

According to an article I read last year, about 600 in the past 150 years.

Of course, that's about how much traffic goes through there on a daily basis today.

The Earth's magnetic field is "weakening" faster over the bermuda triangle than anywhere on the entire planet. And scientists don't know why. Many believe it is where Atlantas is submerged.

The magnetic field over Bermuda is just fine. I worked there for two years on an ocean going tug. Not a blip. Compassess always pointed to the north, and no ship called in an emergency that was in any way strange.

• 1 year later...

A Huge Diamond underneath it all. Used to power all the energy. I believe something pulled the planes down.

• 3 years later...

there is a huge gravitational on the bermuda triangle that attracts everything and because of this anything that goes over the bermuda triangle gets submerged in the sea and thats the end of it.

there is a huge gravitational on the bermuda triangle that attracts everything and because of this anything that goes over the bermuda triangle gets submerged in the sea and thats the end of it.

Well then how do you account for the millions of people who travel through that area on an annual basis without any problems whatsoever?

Personally I've been through the BT at least a dozen times.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of unexplained accidents did happen years ago and I think a superstition grew up around those accidents and disappearances .

Today with better equipment and knowledge planes and boats don't go missing .... The methane sounds plausible though .

• 1 year later...

This is my research topic right now :-*. I think there are a lot of factors contributing to the mystery. Probably there are going to be a long time for us to find a true answer. Below is my video about the Bermuda Triangle mystery. Hope you like it! :tsu:

I do believe there is a logical explanation for this, As I saw on the discovery channel.

Methane gas deposits under the bermuda trangle rise through the sea and up into the planes engine, As tested by these scientists less than 1.0% of methane gas into those model planes engine will make it die out.

As for the boats, Humongus methane gas bubbles tipping it over.

No, I watched an experiment trying to prove just that and it didn't work. The methane theory just won't fly (forgive the pun).

• 1 year later...

I have been doing some rather hit and miss calculations by going on what trajectory of the point of entry of the bermuda triangle by the planes and ships, i have found that there are only three possible entries to the triangle that could possibly provide a safe and uneventful route. I have not figured out the position of them on a map yet but they are still usable.

831.226175 km along the straight line from Miami to San Juan there is a possible entry point.

776.68045 km along the straight line from Bermuda to San Juan there is a possible entry point.

832.03085 km along the straight line from Miami to Bermuda there is a possible entry point.

This is only a theory so don't go thinking that it would actually work, also from those points you would have to go directly to the corresponding place.

For the first one its straight to Bermuda

For the second one its straight to Miami

For the third one its straight to San Juan.

Attached is a picture of my theory so you don't have to draw it up for yourself. (BTW it's not to scale)KPoX0Dc.jpg

Edited by GhostedPast