Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP message on cellphone

tahari01

I just wanted to share the wonderful news of my husband receiving a message from his parents beyond the grave on his cell phone voicemail. Yes, you read correctly! He came home from work this morning excited about it and asked me to listen to it. I did and couldn't believe it. In total, there are 7 messages in that one voicemail. I cleaned them up and got most of the hissing, popping and cracking noise out of it. The most distinctive one is when I played it backwards. We could hear them saying "we love you" clear as day. Has anything like this happened to any of you? I have heard of cellphones and answering machine messages being left from the spirit world. But we've never ever experienced any of this until this morning. We checked his call log online on the cell company's website, to see if it could have been just a call he may have missed from someone else. There was no number whatsoever for this particular voicemail message at all. I find it extremely fascinating and just had to share with all of you. Also wanted to see if you all had any similar experiences such as this.

I've attached the wav file for you all to listen to.

Thanks,

Lillian ^_^

we_love_you.wav

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyd

• Mike G

• Sassages

• TheEVPman

I just wanted to share the wonderful news of my husband receiving a message from his parents beyond the grave on his cell phone voicemail. Yes, you read correctly! He came home from work this morning excited about it and asked me to listen to it. I did and couldn't believe it. In total, there are 7 messages in that one voicemail. I cleaned them up and got most of the hissing, popping and cracking noise out of it. The most distinctive one is when I played it backwards. We could hear them saying "we love you" clear as day. Has anything like this happened to any of you? I have heard of cellphones and answering machine messages being left from the spirit world. But we've never ever experienced any of this until this morning. We checked his call log online on the cell company's website, to see if it could have been just a call he may have missed from someone else. There was no number whatsoever for this particular voicemail message at all. I find it extremely fascinating and just had to share with all of you. Also wanted to see if you all had any similar experiences such as this.

Thanks,

Lillian ^_^

Apparently you aren't the only one.I've read a couple things about people getting EVP's from Cell Phones.And I just searched about it on google after I read your post.

Thanks,

Lillian ^_^

the fact that you had to revers it is slightly disturbing. there really is no reason it should have been backward. As much as I'd like to say that I belive this is a genuine message from relatives, I think you should closely examine it. The only time I've encountered anything backwards was when it really wasn't good.

I understand what you're saying. However.....When I played it forward, there were 6 messages in that one voicemail, all to my husband. I read somewhere a while back that sometimes if you play an evp in reverse, you get messages that way also. So that's why I played it backwards. I was floored to hear their voices on there telling him they loved him. It's quite awesome but scary at the same time. :(

I understand what you're saying. However.....When I played it forward, there were 6 messages in that one voicemail, all to my husband. I read somewhere a while back that sometimes if you play an evp in reverse, you get messages that way also. So that's why I played it backwards. I was floored to hear their voices on there telling him they loved him. It's quite awesome but scary at the same time. :(

Yes, I too have read that messages from the "other side" very often come through in reverse. In fact they are even clearer in reverse. This, to me, is an indication that the messages are genuine. I think that it is unlikely that a non genuine message could get screwed around to reverse and the fact that the messages came from no number is an important consideration. Tahari01, I think your husband is very fortunate indeed and of course, therefore, indirectly, so are you. That indeed was a nice Christmas present. Lonecat

:tu::):);)

edit P.S. I was unable to listen to the recording. The computer in the Cyber café told me that there was no software from RealPlayer to download it. A Great pity for me.

Edited by Lonecat

NIce found mate!

i just hope that my grandmom would du that...

Damn i miss her :(:cry:

Edited by Cazee

the fact that you had to revers it is slightly disturbing. there really is no reason it should have been backward. As much as I'd like to say that I belive this is a genuine message from relatives, I think you should closely examine it. The only time I've encountered anything backwards was when it really wasn't good.

I think you're getting a bit confused with urban myths of playing records backwards to hear secret messages from the devil... Also the fact that many messages don't hit the news is because they aren't the sensational ones the tabloids know will gain them sales, so the ones you read about are mainly the "bad" ones.

I agree with Lonecat on this one. :tu:

• 1 year later...
We could hear them saying "we love you" clear as day. Has anything like this happened to any of you?

Thanks,

Lillian ^_^

Sure has, got this a couple of days ago.

Saying exactly the same words...

gk_1.wav

I have captured several evps, and not all of them are in reverse. I caught one class 'a' evp when I accidentally hit the record button the video portion of my camera. I was about to delete it, as it was only 30s in length and I couldn't understand why I would record pitch black. It is a good thing I played it, or I would have lost the evp forever.

I think some spirits aren't strong enough to communicate without it coming out in reverse, and the much stronger spirits can communicate quite clearly, as I have heard other evps as clear as the one that got recorded onto my camera.

I think it is a good catch, and I know the weaker spirits can only come through backwards. When I mean by weak is that they haven't been passed over for very long, or not strong enough to break through the barrier to make clear communication.

I think it was nice that they were able to get through and let you know that they were/are alive in another plane.

The one thing i want to know is this, How in the world to manage to paly a cell phone voice mail in reverse ? How is that possible to do? I understand and believe that messages from beyond the physical realm can come in reverse since it on the opposite side the astral plane. But the playing it backwards has me puzzled as to how you can do that on a cell phone.

1) Can we hear it forwards, please.

2) How do you know it's his parents?

3) Why would a message come through backwards exactly?

4) What were the other six messages?

5) Was the original message longer, it would seem hard to fit six messages in a wav that short.

6) What possessed you to play it backwards exactly? Isn't that scraping the barrel for answers?

7) How did you download the voicemail message from phone to PC then get it to play backwards?

8) How long have his parents been dead?

quote: I think some spirits aren't strong enough to communicate without it coming out in reverse, and the much stronger spirits can communicate quite clearly... I know the weaker spirits can only come through backwards. When I mean by weak is that they haven't been passed over for very long, or not strong enough to break through the barrier to make clear communication. Sorry... We know this how?

Has someone been to the other side and found out it's in reverse? That sounds really laughable when you read it out you know.

Sorry but to me, it seems like someone has dialled you by accident, and you've picked up their background noise. I get voicemail messages a couple of times a week of someone who has dialled me by accident when their phone's in their pocket and they don't know they've dialled someone.

It's not always a mystery just because there's no number recorded that dialled you. If I called you you wouldn't know it was me as my phone bars my number from being transmitted when I dial someone. If a 'Call Centre' dials you as a sales pitch, their number wouldn't come up either, it's callled number barring.

The wav you uploaded isn't 'clear as day' as you describe it. I could eventually hear it as I knew what I was trying to hear, but I played the wav to 3 people without telling them what it was supposed to say and none of them could hear anything but crackling.

Would be interested to hear the original without all the edits you made, played forward as it was received.

Thanks.

Sorry but to me, it seems like someone has dialled you by accident, and you've picked up their background noise. I get voicemail messages a couple of times a week of someone who has dialled me by accident when their phone's in their pocket and they don't know they've dialled someone.

My Mum does this a lot, shes always setting her phone off and leaving blank messages.... :D

I personally can't hear the words 'we love you' but I can hear the over all sound pattern of what could be 'we love you'. The fact this had to be played backwards does suggest perhaps auditory pareidolia, like when faces appear in patterned images.

What is odd is that you received 6 messages and couldn't find a match on your call log for the number :hmm:

I've had the problem when my phone accidently dialed when it was in my pocket (I hate when I forget to lock the keypad). It called my friend once and it left a message on his phone. When he played me the message, it sounded just like you described, scratchy, poppy, faint voices, etc. This may be an explination. I guess my biggest question is what was the caller id? If it's a cell phone, it should have it saved.

well, even if you play any music backwards there usually should be some subliminal messages in it.

It thus shows that if you play it backwards, some opposite effect might happen. But this happens when there are lyrics playing forward.

But in the OP's case is truly exceptional, you don't hear anything when you play forward, but when you play backwards you can hear it clearly?

i just find it hard to believe cause the input and the output seems contradicting.

I'm sorry OP. I just can't fully support 100% on this account to be supernatural from my side. But still, i could be wrong.

And when you receive the voicemail, did it indicate where it came from ??? i mean the telephone line provider surely can find out for you right ??

But in the OP's case is truly exceptional, you don't hear anything when you play forward, but when you play backwards you can hear it clearly?

And when you receive the voicemail, did it indicate where it came from ??? i mean the telephone line provider surely can find out for you right ??

Sorry, didn't the OP say the message, when played forward, gave her six messages, then she played it backwards and got 'we love you'... clever 'ghosts' to know how to say stuff forwards which also gave a backwards message, eh?

Telephone line providers can't provide the caller ID if they chose to withold it, or if it came from a 'call centre' or if it was from overseas. If they are asked to, they can provide future caller ID's but it's difficult to do it after the event, and would cost money and you would have to have a valid enough reason to request such info, that's why we have the option to withold our numbers, for privacy.

Come on, OP, post the message forward for us to hear in its entirity, we're intrigued.

Im not convinced, pareidolia and cross modulation seems like the most logical explanation.

Another possible explanation is that people may have used old tapes, knowingly or not, for EVP sessions, and that the voices they hear come from previous recording "bleeding through".

I agree with you on the first part hazard. But to throw out all EVPs like that is illogical to me. It would be extremely odd if a person who has been investigating for a long time would make such a mistake. Sure, it can happen, but it wouldn't happen often.

EVP's are fascinating - but I don't understand the reverse aspect of it at all. Like it's easier to talk backwards than forwards for them :hmm: How can it be easier for them to speak backwards than talk the way they always spoke in life?

• 10 months later...

Ive actualy had something like this happen to me.

I had a voicemail come in that was very unclear, and when I sent it to my computer to clean it up, it clearly said something like "Listen to my voice, its not what I say. Its how I say it."

I was disturbed, and sent the voicemail to everyone in my family, Only because it sounded like my great-grandmother, Who had only died about 2 years ago.

Ive had mixed responce from my family, saying its a prank. Some had said that it was the devil playing tricks with me so I would go insane trying to find the awnser.

But here is the thing, on the voicemail, I had the number that it came from, {It was from my OTHER grandmother, Who dident even know the person that it sounded like and playing tricks isent her personalty.} and I dident need to play it backwards to get the message. Also you could tell somewhat what the person was saying. I cant supply any files, because its lost in the depths of my hard drive. Im suprised that Im the only one who has had this occur with such clarity.

Thanks,

Lillian ^_^

Creepy....Earrie...I've as well read a story bout a man who continued to recieve Text messages from his dead wife from years ago on his cell phone.

i've captured alot of EVP myself and yes you can hear them backwards as well, good find :)

That is strange that there is no phone number from where the calls came from. I also hear the words. So you never know , I believe it's possible. Just wonder why they talked backwards and what it sounded like before the reverse.

Well tell him to keep listening , maybe there will be more !

Good Luck :yes:

• 1 year later...

well, even if you play any music backwards there usually should be some subliminal messages in it.

It thus shows that if you play it backwards, some opposite effect might happen. But this happens when there are lyrics playing forward.

i just find it hard to believe cause the input and the output seems contradicting.

I'm sorry OP. I just can't fully support 100% on this account to be supernatural from my side. But still, i could be wrong.

In this case, it is still very mysterious. You have a point and I definitely agree with you. I've been analyzing this case but it is not normally.

k this is really playing with my head my grandfather passed away just over 2 weeks ago an he was more like my dad after reading the OP i decided id try myself i set up a radio put it at the far end of the slider pure white noise and asked if anyone was there i think i recorded the outcome on my mobile phone vice recorder and i have picked something up... however can anyone recommend audio software which i can use? ill get the file uploaded then..thanks guys