Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Europe's space ambitions

Homer

Looks like those dirty rotten no-good scoundral European low life scums are...Just kidding everyone ;D

Truth be told, Europe has set off their own ambitious space exploration rivaling, and even RILING, the U.S. Personally I think this is good news, as no one country or even a few countries should have a monopoly in space. For more information click here

Although the U.S. has some valid concerns regarding the crossings of signals, I feel that the U.S. and Europe should come to a resolution and except the inevitable. The U.S. will have to share space. Does anyone else have any thoughts regarding this?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• SpaceyKC

• Loonboy

• PurpleStuart

When I heard about the new space station being built,  I thought it was going to be 'the clubhouse for the world'.  A unified effort for the future of space exploration.   After all,  the more (teamwork and money),  the merrier!!   :s1

There's plenty for everyone!   :st

Hear, hear.

Britain has definately been lagging behind on the space side of things - and from the sounds of that article we still are.  I remember 10 years or so back there were plans for a British space shuttle (i can't remember it's name) and by all accounts it was a brilliant design - but as per usual it was shelved  :(

Anybody else remember that in any more detail?

[blue] Its about time. We are a global community and we should explore space as a species, not as nationalities.....  :s03[/blue]

I wonder if we will ever see the day when a flag planted by the first humans to walk on some far off distant planet will have "Planet Earth" on it, rather than the stars and stripes.

I doubt it - a world war will probably break out over the design of the flag and which member or species of which part of the planet should plant said flag etcetera, etcetera.

Not that I'm cynical, I hasten to add.

By the way, how many "states" now make up Europe?  Do the non "states" count for anything? Or do we just dismiss them (those in the United States of Europe of course).

Saruman,

It seems the U.S.  was so busy trying to get their flag planted on the moon before the Russians,  that they never stopped to think about it.   :-/

I think that if all the countries come together now,  as a team, it would be a great way to remedy that! *  ;D    

*(but not if the poiticians get in the mix)