Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Search for lost ark

Mystify

http://web.jet.es/gcannon/

The above is a link to an intresting story, as that`s what I will call it for now. I would love to here opinions on it again, though i know we`ve already discussed it a little.

I beleive it could have existed before.... as for now... hard to tell.

This is a bit vague and i'm going to have to do some research to back it up.

I saw a program about a year ago that claimed they had found were the ark is being kept.

It is supposedly in a fenced off building in a small mountain town being watched over by a member of a religious order.the only access that is ever granted to the caretaker of the ark who so say stays there all of his natural life and then the next takes over for his natural life and so on.

I cant remember the name of the place,but i can remember that they could'nt get access to it but the order do freely admit that they have the ark.

But seeing no great news reports on the subject i don't know what to beleive.

:sq

Please let me know if anyone else saw this prog cos i think i may be going mad. :s9

Well, having read a lot of the article, I think it would be easier finding Lord Lucan!

So many people have "seen" it or "know " it's location, how come it's never appeared in public? Even a photo, with the location kept secret, would suffice.

They can't even agree as to whether it will save or destroy the world as we know it!

I think I'll keep an open mind on this one 'till the "reveal".

Hancock was mentioned in the article... so you ARE sane :)

You would also think the vatican would have say in something like this or go to great lengths to have a say in it. I mean I would.  Given the right amount of money and time... knowing where it is based on what these people say... I think I would want to know for sure and maybe get the rest of the world in on it too.

The ark would prove many things... or rather the existence of many things. Actually.... it would open up a whole new can of whooop *ss!!

¸

It`d be nice to know for sure.

Mys

Mystify

I don't think the Vatican would like to make any comment on what is really a jewish artifact ( that would really open a can of worms)

:)

[blue]

I suppose it all depends upon what you believe the Ark of the Covenant to be. Some people believe that it was a kind of chest which held the tablets of stone upon which were written the ten commandments, and constructed to precise measurements dictated by God. But I read the book by Graham Hancock 'The Sign and the Seal' and he raises some questions about what the Ark actually was based upon its reported effects on the environment and the way in which it was handled.

I voted 'unsure' because I think it's unlikely that something of such interest to many cultures could remain undiscovered for so long. It's a small world these days and filled with big gobs.

[/blue]image

Mystify, I tried to read that website - i really tried, but the bloody background music was driving me INSANE!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*unplugs speakers*

aahhh, thats better  :D

ps,

Sorry the music was unbearable  :s01  lol

I do most my research from work and do not have the luxury of speakers like I do from home...... ooops

Hope it wasn`t too bad.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was roughly 8 years old when I saw Lucas movie "Raiders of the lost Ark"...and it was amazing!

Like Druss I've heard about something in Ethiopia and many other things...

It's one of the relics that makes good stories, like the Graal and Atlantis...

Do you know any other famous relics to find?

the spear of destiny is exactly that a spear, it is the one that is supposed to have been used to stab jesus in the side when he was on the cross.

it is attributed to have paranormal powers and could make whoever had it in their possesion either rich, immortal or unbeatable.  also Hitler had a go at looking for it in the belief that it would work.

Oh really? Many thanks Althalus!

I see you've chosen a quote from William Blake. I discovered some of his poems and drawings, and I also read recently the "Dante's Divine Comedy"...

That's why I wanted to know more about this strange character, do you know some books I could read?

Thanks I remember having visited those sites but lost the adresses, so you did well!  :)

I missed the Tate's exposition last time I went to London...Wow, it was two years ago!!!

• 2 weeks later...

[blue]Cerberus, I believe that this thread relates to the 'Ark of the Covenant' not 'Noah's Ark', which is a different thing entirely. Lol[/blue]

;)

I voted that I strongly believe it's still out there. Loonboys argument that it having so much interest to so many cultures in this small world is a valid point, and I have no information and have done no research on the topic, but it's just a feeling that I have that's it's still out there somewhere.....oh wait, here it is!....oh, never mind.... ;D

• 14 years later...

Since we seem to be having a festival of necro threads I've brought the oldest thread I could find back to life.

15 years - and to answer the OP original comment - nope the ark is STILL missing and the link is so broken the internet insulted me for clicking on it....same to you buddy!!!

zkCxxMU.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Indiana Hans and the Raiders of the Lost Thread

Yeah, I use to be able to find old thing once upon a time

image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

• Like 2

On 3/19/2002 at 4:00 PM, Mystify said:

http://web.jet.es/gcannon/

The above is a link to an intresting story, as that`s what I will call it for now. I would love to here opinions on it again, though i know we`ve already discussed it a little.

I beleive it could have existed before.... as for now... hard to tell.

Well Mystify, if that is your real name, I see you have been gone since May 17, 2012 - I believe this implies you are avoiding the tough questions? Don't deny it now.

Confess your inability to counter my subtle and overpowering counter evidence.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked