Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Detect Preacher, 30'

Paranormalcy

I know its just mundane, but still. Its amazing how you can see or meet someone and just have this undisputed certainty about them. I was working at a restaurant today when a man came in and ordered some food. "Preacher" my mind noted as I took his order.

There's just something about them. Sure, some have "Preacher Hair", but this man was in his fifties, silver hair, parted but not impeccably cut or kept, just "average". Nice clothes - one step under "business casual" - not quite on the level of bankers or politicians, but a little bit above normal "everyday" office workers. That same generic, unidentifiable cologne - a little bit heavier than "light", so its definitely noticable but not "too much", not unpleasant, but somehow unremarkable at the same time.

Smooth, even and calm but strong and clear voice, even when speaking lowly and normally. Slight look of being "out of place" or not terribly accustomed to dealing with people either not his peers or lower than himself. Eyes a little too active, almost "sparkling". A pleasant but somewhat artificial smile and manner of bearing and grace of movement. That friendly but too-open and too-enthusiastic car salesman mannerism and general interaction.

I wondered to myself. Surely not, I thought. As he was leaving he mentioned something about "his church" and paying the utilities. BINGO. Preacher.

What is the DEAL?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranormalcy

• Fluffybunny

• Yelekiah

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm: I wonder where my preacher fits in to this. 5'2" Vietnamese man in jeans and gray shirt. Early 30's. Medium length hair. Loves to play World of Warcraft, and plays Squash regularly (racketball for you American types).

Well I'm not sure what it includes. I have not had the fortune, being in a small town in the bible belt in the US, to encounter anyone in this category besides protestant preachers (my town of 2600 has 2 bars and 14 churches, if that tells you anything).

I would imagine to some degree anyone of a certain level of knowledge and enlightenment would probably display some of those traits of personality a certain indefinable grace maybe. Just preachers is all I was originally referring to though.

You ever notice you can pick a police officer out of a group of people too?

Good point. Not always necessarily, especially if they don't directly interact with you or someone, but yeah you can usually tell there is a definite bearing of stern discipline and firmness, military, police, something. True.

I think that because of the disciplines that spiritual mentors/teachers/preachers, keep, influences the way they appear to other people. Even the tiniest mannerisms in their behaviour, speech, etc, gives off clues as to what kind of person they are.

Under cover cops too? :o

Yeah, they have had a real problem with people spotting their UC's. They go through a great deal of training to be able to look like an average joe so that they can blend into society.

Well there are a lot of dirty cops too. None that I've seen try to hide it. They brag about what they've done.

I've never spotted a preacher though. So many different types of people down here I suppose.

Their attitudes and their appearance are that way becuase of the christian colledge they graduated from. Pastors teaching pastors. They get a pastoral degree and are told to behave in a certain way. It's a cycle. Pastors are nice people. However, long looking through the Bible, some of us may realize that to be christians, we don't really need pastors. The psalms declare: "The Lord is my sheperd, and I shall not want!" That is what I remind myself everytime. I do not require someone to lead my in my spiritual walk. Besides, no imperfections can rubb off on me, if I only follow God. :tu: