Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

Sorry to hear this Eald, my thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are with everybody posting here, everybody who lost somebody they loved.

Thanx jon.

• 1 month later...

Remembering Bernice, who I always called Bernie.

June 3, 1918

August 27, 2012

post-77721-0-28264000-1346173267_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot even believed it, when i heard about my uncle's car accident. A drunk man cost my uncle's life. We were closed, even though he was far away in another country. I will always have him in my heart.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am remembering both sets of grandparents and my mum.

Also my aunt's stillborn daughter.

However my dad's ashes are still at the undertakers.

You could say we didn't see eye to eye.

through eyes of tears

and hearts so sad

remember them happy

remember them glad

a thought away

in hearts they stay

a memories laugh

never gone away xx

• 2 weeks later...

Farewell to one of the musical icons of my youth.

Ravi Shankar (Robindo Shaunkor Cowdhury) died today aged 92. He will be remembered as the virtuoso who taught George Harrison how to play the sitar and co-wrote the musical score to the film Ghandi.

Seen here with his daughter Anoushka.....

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KXk_8_8oLY&feature=youtu.be[/media]

for 2 people in my family gone but not forgotten my Grandmother Annie who has always showed me the way spiritually in life and death and my wonderful cousin Andrew taken from us last year in an unknown way....bless you both and merry christmas over there on the other side to you all....love you loads your family Fee xxxx

Cothimoore where my cousin lies x

t9jwg7.jpg

Farewell to one of the musical icons of my youth.

Ravi Shankar (Robindo Shaunkor Cowdhury) died today aged 92. He will be remembered as the virtuoso who taught George Harrison how to play the sitar and co-wrote the musical score to the film Ghandi.

Seen here with his daughter Anoushka.....

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KXk_8_8oLY&feature=youtu.be[/media]

I was taken to a Ravi Shankar concert at the Liverpool Philharmonic hall when I was about 14. This was perhaps a bit too young ..... I enjoyed it for the first 20mns or so and then got bored, I'm ashamed to say. I appreciated him more when I was older.

R.I.P Ravi. Probably one of the first people to get the world listening to music from a country that was really foreign to them ..... 'alien' music ..... 'world' music.

• Like 1

In remembrance of Maree, the girl that I loved.

I'm sorry I couldn't be there. I'm sorry that I didn't save you.

Feb. 3, 2011

Edited by SmilinJack
  • Like 2

In commemoration of my father, who died suddenly from a heart attack this past Friday, December 14, 2012. He will be missed. R.I.P. dad :cry:

• Like 2

In commemoration of my father, who died suddenly from a heart attack this past Friday, December 14, 2012. He will be missed. R.I.P. dad :cry:

My heart goes out to you and your family PA

My full condolescenes go out to you, PA...and may your father be in a better place. Today is my Dad's Birthday, so I know how it feels to have a father around to be with. Dads like myself are important to us alike Moms, but it takes a man to proudly be a father to his own child(ren).

My deepest sympathies, PA.

• 2 weeks later...

In memory of my young friend Kristy-Leigh. Five years ago you decided it was time to leave this world and 12 days later you departed it forever. I never got the chance to tell you that you were just about the most intelligent person I had ever met.

I hope you realised just how many people you touched in your 20 years on this planet, and how many of them loved you.

“The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long.”

• Like 1

Huell Howser (1945-2013) died last weekend in his home north of Palm Springs. Howser was a host of PBS' series California Gold, as he traveled to all sorts of places for television and he finds something interesting or fascinating, plus nice things to say about them. I had a chance to visit him personally during the 2008 Coachella music fest, when he came up to me and introduce himself, and I had a photo taken of us together. Howser was a frequent on AOL chats about UFOs, so I spotted him again by electronic means. Sad to lose another great person in the world. :cry:

Had to put down a dog I had from childhood today, Mikey. Although I've never been one too keen on pets, he was a large part of my childhood memories. R.I.P.

• Like 1

To my father-in-law who left us 2 years ago, and Grandmother that just passed away this fall.

The years we've shared have been full of joy.

The memories we've made will go on and on.

You lit up my life, my hopes, and my dreams.

You've opened my eyes to see what it all means.

So now that you're gone how can I forget;

Because you were the greatest out of all I have met.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the anniversary of my beautiful twin sis, who passed away 8 years ago. God bless you Carm and I will love you forever. RIP. This is a photo of us both back in 1987 on holiday in Mallorca, so many happy memories.

carmie%2520and%2520me.jpg

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Today's the 10th. anniversary of the Columbia Space-shuttle disaster.

Remembering ...

Rick D. Husband

William C. McCool

Michael P. Anderson

Ilan Ramon

Kalpana Chawla

David M. Brown

Laurel Blair Salton Clark

"We Dare to Dream"

• Like 6

RIP Josh. A bright and shining young man who's life was cut short while at work in an accident. He was an awesome kid, instructor and person.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

R.I.P. My sanity... My the next world be easier on you than this one...

• Like 1

Remembering James Bulger from Kirkby, Merseyside on the 10th. anniversary of his murder, aged two.

Sleep on at peace, little fellow.

• Like 5

Remembering my best friend who killed himself on February 4th, 2009.

• Like 1