Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

With the New Year and Christmas just behind us many of us have spent a moment or two thinking about the people who could not be with us on these special occasions and others like them.

The Nameless One has suggested a rememberance thread, a place where we can post about the people we miss and who have passed on. And we decided it was a sweet idea.

So... Still Crazy, you were the inspiration for this thread. It's only fair that you get the first mention. Miss you Sean :)

And I remember Tom, I miss you Tom. To briefly I new you, although I don't think there ever would have been enough time.

Please feel free to post for those people who you miss.

• Like 4

:cry: what a lovely idea...

well, as im going into the next stage of my life, (being University) i feel a tad upset that my friend Alice who passed away 5 years ago isnt here to experience the things that have happened since she died...not very HUGE things, but just the little occasions you remember sharing with friends that are always a bit sad because you wish she was there...and the whole going to uni thing as well...i often wonder what she would hae studied or what not....but yeh...i miss you Alice :cry:

I also miss my Dad :( more and more recently with things being a tad rocky at home ive found myself wanting to speak to him and hear him laugh, and have him make me laugh, it was aways that little extra support i got listening to how his life was going on, half way around the world, that helped me get by...although Aztec now has the same effect, minus the round the world thing, i still wish i could have my Daddy back!

• Like 2

A note to remember Stephen who died Christmas Eve 2005, your friends and family miss you (and wish you'd left a will), but we understand you couldn't hold on anymore. Rest peacefully.

Also Martin who died tragically 2002, far too young. We all miss you, we all regret everything we ignored and didn't see when you were alive and we all hope you're happier where you are now.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Aww hunnie...what a fantastic idea...will post in here soon.

• 2 weeks later...

This is for Nhi. She died in December 1998. She was only 14. I only knew you for a short time, but I miss ya, even after all this time. Rest in Peace, sweetie.

• Like 2

This is in memory of my dad, who passed away almost 25 yrs. ago when I was only 14, I miss him terribly to this day. Also in memory of my friend, Tressia, who was like another mom to me, she has been gone for almost 6 yrs. now. She took with her a large piece of my heart and I'll never be the same. :(

• Like 1

Its Dads 40th today...

HAPPY 40th BIRFDEE DAD!!

:wub: you so much and i wish i could be having a big party with you right now :tu:

• Like 1

I miss MOE.

Where lie you Moe? Come rest your weary head in my bosom - Your journey has been long and is only just beggining. Remember; You've got to catch 'em all. :no:

found out today my friend joe died. brain tumour, 39 yrs old, has left a wife and 2 small kids.

i've been talking to other friends, the funeral is tomorrow, and i'm sure we'll reminisce about joe, but i just needed to write something, somewhere, and although none of you new him, this seems as good a place as any.

i'm gonna miss joe, over the past few months he wasn't quite himself, but he was still here, he still came over and played poker. he was still a laugh, and i enjoyed his company always, and thoroughly.

he had the kindest soul of any person i met, and i'm not just saying that because he's gone now, a man i wish the rest of the world could have met.

and it will be a little darker knowing i won't bump into joe, and share a moment with him anymore.

good friend to all who knew him, good father, husband, kind soul.

take care joe

........huh......just doesn't seem enough

This is to my grand-father, Robert Davis Kilby aka Papa. When he died a little before March in the year 2001, school was halfway over, when the guidance counselor told me to get my stuff to go home. At first, I was thinking, yippee; I'm going home! But then I saw my pastor and my mom waiting outside... Mom was crying, and Revered Jeff looked very forlorn and grave. I asked what was wrong, and Mom said that Papa had passed away.

I remember just looking at the two and saying "You're joking, right?" I couldn't believe that my grand-father, whom I adored greatly, had passed away earlier that morning from a heart attack.

We drove down to Key Largo where my grandmother and grandfather lived. I remember how I had my GameBoy in the car, and that I named my Pokemon after each member in our family, my favorite, Blastoise, being named after Papa.

I was about 8 at the time and my little brother 3, so of course we had no idea of what was really going on. When we arrived at their condominuim, many of our relatives were there, and I showed my Aunt Marcy how I named my Pokemon after all of my relatives. All she could do was smile weakly and ask me not to dwell on such things and to go watch television... I went into one of the rooms, and I think it was there that it hit me- Whoa, he's gone.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

R.I.P 10/07/06, lost but never forgotten

I miss stillcrazy. It's been 6 months old friend and I miss you.

For my uncle who died before his daughter went to college. Victim of a robbery in India.

Edited by frogfish

There are only two people I really miss. The first is my mom. It's been 19 years now. Wow.

The second is my ex-wife Violetta. She is alive, but I miss her terribly. When I stop and thing about the five second periods of time in my life where one small change would have such a profound effect on the rest of my life. It's been a long time since I have written her name. We have been apart for 2 1/2 years now, and it still hurts like hell.

Bacca berri , we miss you girl we know :D you gotta work though, Hope you come back soon.

On Saturday I will go for a meal with my sister to celebrate my fathers 70th birthday which was on the 4th April. Sadly my father won't be there. The years of heavy smoking caught up with him and he died of lung cancer in October. I don't often regret being a non-believer but on Saturday I will be envious of my sisters belief that he will be with us in spirit.

• Like 2

In memory of Lincoln, who was only 16 and killed in a car wreck in January. Spanish class is just weird without you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In memory of T, D and M...I miss you. We'll see each other again.

Jason - I'm sorry. I hope you found peace. RIP

Edited by BellaMorte

• 2 weeks later...

excellent thread.next month {june 29th}marks the 25th anniversary of the deaths of my mom and sister.their lives were taken way too soon.they are loved and missed every single day.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great thread.

This is in loving memory of my mom who passed away 05/29/99.

We miss you more everyday.

• Like 1

In Loving memory of my mother, who passed away a few weeks ago at 1:15AM at Epson Hospital London, on 25th May 2006. Rest in peace...

I am sorry to hear about your mother Kryso, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.