Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Goatmans Bridge Denton, TX (with pics)

chrisgeo

You have some interesting stuff from Old Alton Bridge...

The ASUP was on the bridge site Saturday evening doing their investigation.

We would love to see your case notes on the phenomenon, etc.

Feel free to sign on to our web site www.asup-texas.com, take a look and feel free to e-mail us.

Rick (coordinator-ASUP)

asup@comcast.net

I for one, am glad that you didn't see some "Goatman".

I know this is alot Urban Legend. But, I also know that if someone ever did try to conjure up something dark, there, (and there are idiots that do it all of the time), it can't be good.

Good work, just be careful and use your wisdom, and protection.

• 1 month later...

So me and 3 other friends went up to the so called "goatmans bridge" tonight off of swisher. We had gone before 2 other times just to show our other friends how it is and nothing ever happened... until tonight.

We got there and there were about 5 other people and they were acting retarded and telling us crap about how it was and how they saw stuff. I for one didn't believe them cause they seemed like they were the type who would try to mess with us. We were taking random pics off the bridge, when we saw two of them coming back from the "trail". We didn't know about the trail so we decided to check it out. I made sure that the other people weren't over there... they were hanging out by the benches.

We then proceeded to go down the trail as I was still taking random pics. We kept walking along for a long while. Then all of a sudden we heard rustling to our left side. We all paused and stopped... I continued to take pictures but everytime I did we heard it again. We were scared but i told everyone to calm down. The first two pictures you will see are at the same time we heard the rustling in the woods. Keep in mind when you look that it's not smoke from cigarettes cause smoke cannot look like that and we had no flashlights or anything to shine. While i was taking pictures NO ONE was in front of me cause i led the pack. We heard the noise a couple more times. It actually sounded like someone was in the woods and were trying to mess with us. When we went closer into the woods off the trail to see what the sound was... there was a cliff. It's nearly impossible for anyone to be there, and run away when we heard rustling because to our left were just trees then a cliff. There was minimal terrain for anyone to hide without us being able to see whatever it or who it was. After that we continued on a little bit and headed back. When we were at the benches the other group was still there.

I'm not going to post all the pictures... but a couple of pictures had ALOT of orbs while ALOT of other pictures had no orbs at all. So... dust in some pictures and no dust in other pictures? How does that make any sense? There is also a picture (the 3rd one) that shows a triangle with the points in bright red.

Something definitely is going down over there and we will keep trying to document stuff. I apologize that we do not have any time stamps, but next time we go out there we will.

White streak (looks like a glowstick)

user posted image

White swirling blob (looks like a "ghost" flicking us off haha)

user posted image

Triangular points that form into a triangle

user posted image

Orbs

user posted image

More Orbs

user posted image

And some more

user posted image

Please post your opinions, biased or not.

The first and second ones look like a camera strap. The third one looks like a bug and the rest is water or dust. Just my opinion.

1-25-06 More Pics Added!!

Hello all. We investigated Goatmans Bridge in Denton, TX this evening and came up with some pretty interesting pictures. We used both 35 millimeter film and a digital camera. Unfortunately the digi cam was purchased this evening at Wal-Mart and turned out to be a cheap peice of crap. It's going back tomarrow! The 35 mm film will be taken to be developed tomarrow so I'll have more detailed info.

Directions to Goatmans Bridge.

In Dallas, take I-35E North until you get to the Swisher Rd. exit. Make a Left on Swisha and go down about 5 or 6 miles. The road will curve to the right and there will be a High School on your right. Just before the curve there is a small road that goes out to a bridge. Make a left on that road. If you make the complete curve you've gone too far. The bridge is only about 2 blocks down the road you turn off of Swisher Rd (which is actually Teasily LN, the name changes but it's the same as Swisher). You'll see a concrete bridge but on the left you'll see Old Alden Bridge aka Goatmans Bridge.

The legend is that there was a lot of Satan worshipping there and they managed to conjure up a half goat half man type entity called goatman. Supposedly if you squint your eyes you can see goatman. I've also heard that if you turn off your lights and honk 3 times goatman will appear. I didn't find out about this until after I got home, so next time I go out I'll try it.

The bridge is closed off and only for walking now so you'll have to park on the concrete bridge and walk down to it. It's an old 19th century red iron bridge.

The pictures we took so far are a bit creepy but the resolution is worse than my camera phone. Barely anything came out so I'm waiting for the 35mm to be developed. There is PLENTY of fog though and there was no fog on the bridge. No orbs or anything were picked up with the peice of crap digi cam. I'll be back out there later this week. Yall tell me what yall think! The only enhancement on the pics was the adjust the brightness. Again, I'm sorry for the poor resolution, I'm taking the cam back tomarrow and getting a better one!

EDIT! You might want to download the pictures and open them up in fullscreen mode so you can see the ENTIRE pictures. I didn't realize I uploaded them so big. Especially the last one!

EDIT AGAIN: Here is the strange part. The pics with FOG came out blurry on both the 35mm and the digi cam. Pics without anything came out perfectly clear with both cameras.

Tempature reading (tempature is actually 46 everywhere else this evening)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2149/picture0319yv.jpg

Amber standing in a cold spot (the hole bridge was cold though)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6587/picture0294ja.jpg

Amber Standing in a cold spot again

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6753/picture0307in.jpg

Shadow People??

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/974/picture0521yv.jpg

Fog

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3381/picture0501rw.jpg

More Fog

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5301/picture0376rz.jpg

The Woods

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2977/picture0174yw.jpg

The Bridge

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1232/picture0258cj.jpg

Specs of lights

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6506/picture0048ns.jpg

More Lights

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2562/picture0052vn.jpg

The Creepiest Fog Image

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9521/picture0437yx.jpg

Here are more digicam pics.... I dont know why I didn't post these earlier.

More Fog

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6892/copy...cture0372fe.jpg

Same pic as above, rotated. Check out the top left... creepy huh?

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6678/rotated0qn.jpg

Bridge with no Fog to show that there was no fog that night

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3476/picture0104gn.jpg

More Fog

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6219/picture0193ni.jpg

The Woods With Fog

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2113/picture0427ue.jpg

So what do yall think?

Very interesting as I might want to look into this. Are there actual sightings of the goatman?

Yes I'm living with one.

:lol: Thanks. I realize that was an easy one, but it somehow caught me unawares and was made my day funny. :yes:

I have NO idea what the first one is...looks like the classic "rod" pic(light from the flash reflecting off of an insect of some kind), the second looks like the same situation as the first, and as for the "orbs".... :unsure: ....the scenery is lovely.

Did the people who were there before you got there say that they got any footage?

I have NO idea what the first one is...looks like the classic "rod" pic(light from the flash reflecting off of an insect of some kind), the second looks like the same situation as the first, and as for the "orbs".... :unsure: ....the scenery is lovely.

Did the people who were there before you got there say that they got any footage?

they had no cameras or anything... just walkie talkies. it didn't add up so we thought they were just tryin to mess with us. :hmm:

I am talking with some of the people in the houston chapter and might have some interest in investigating this sighting. I will need some information such as location and how to get there from Houston. This has definately caught my attention and worth looking into.

Hey, Since you live in Texas have you been to Fuller Park. If you havent read about it type fuller park in the search and look for the post about witchcraft in Athens texas. I have been and my posts are in there. Dentons not far from me only like an hour and a half. I might have to go meet Goatman

Hey, Since you live in Texas have you been to Fuller Park. If you havent read about it type fuller park in the search and look for the post about witchcraft in Athens texas. I have been and my posts are in there. Dentons not far from me only like an hour and a half. I might have to go meet Goatman

I live in Mckinney about 45 mins from Denton. Maybe we Texans in the area should organize a outing. Just a thought.

Yeah we have a goatman story here in Wisconsin as well. There's this old creepy, unpaved road called "Marsh Road" and we had only heard creepy stories about it. Went there a few times with friends, and it was always creepy, but nothing ever happened. Weird sounds, a seemingly unexplainable thump againt our van, but nothing real weird.

Later I found the road in the Haunted Places index for Wisconsin on www.theshadowlands.net/ghost

Whoever provided it, said there was a legend of a Goatman. There was a makeout couch on this road that teens would fool around on, supposedly. And one night the Goatman killed two teens on the couch, and their parts were found all around it. This sounds like complete BS, and almost certainly is. We had seen the couch on the road, and thought it was odd, but nothing more. Strangely enough, it seemed like sometimes the couch wasn't there, but it would be the next time. That can be chalked up to poor memory though.

The one thing that did happen, which I just remembered, was completely explainable, but still very very weird. We had gone out to the road, and the majority of the road was lined with small tires. Literally hundreds of them. They completely lined the part of the road that had driveways (dirty driveways to houses way, way back from the road), but they never blocked the driveways. They started to thin out, but they would still mark the driveways, with one tire on each side of the entrance to each driveway.

The next night we went back and they were all gone. If it was a prank, it wasn't too funny or cool, just strange. But it must have taken a very long time to line this whole road with tires, and to get rid of them. Again, completely explainable, but bizarre nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...

So I just stumbled on this thread from google. Tonight my room mates and I went to the goat bridge. I've been there once before and needless to say it was creepy, but nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Tonight was definitely different. My room mates and I went out to the bridge at about 9:30. We parked down the drive and started walking. We walked across the bridge and nothing seemed strange. Then we continued down the path venturing into the woods- and once again nothing was strange. We did have a flashlight but we didn't use it. So we headed back across. We head back to the car then notice a path off to the right. If you're heading towards the bridge from the drive it on the left. The path is blocked by a low metal bar so four wheelers can't get on it. Anyways, we start walking. After maybe 40 or so feet down the trail we all get a pretty weird feeling. Just a real eery feeling. We stopped for a while but continued on. The trail opens up out of the woods and curves to the left. We rounded it and found ourselves about a 15 minute walk behind a brightly lit building (the one you see when you make the sharp right turn heading to the bridge). The entire time we had the creepiest feeling that someone was watching us. We heard this faint noise that sounded like water trickling and continued to walk. We soon realized that the noise was in no way water trickling. It was kind of indescribable. It sounded like wood being slap together mixed with a very crackling fire noise- something I've never heard. We kept walking and it got louder. We stopped and it still got louder. That was when we decided it was time to leave. The walk back was nerve racketing, but nothing happened.

So has anyone heard anything about the woods around the bridge? I would like to go back out there with some equipment (I'm an RTVF major at UNT and have some nice camera and audio equip.). Anyone up for getting a little group together?

DJ

• 4 months later...

ok so i pass that bridge everytime i go to my friends house, which is every weekend and i didn't know that it was some crazy scary bridge and then our friend was telling us about it.. and she said it was on old alton and since we had been planning on taking pictures of the bridge up the road and to the right.. the railroadtracks.. (its a creepy road in the winter with all the trees dead) and since it was super pretty out there we decided to take a picture of both of them but when we got to goatmans bridge my camera (which i knew was low on batteries) was completely dead when we got there.. i was p***ed.. so we pulled out my friends digital camera and when it turned on it beeped three times and then was completely dead.. so i whipped out my camera phone and took a few pictures.. its really pretty there.. not creepy like everyone says here are the pics.. i only took four because it was on my camera phone:

post-53979-1177377550_thumb.jpg

i was suprised the sign was really here lol

post-53979-1177377606_thumb.jpg

the actual bridge

post-53979-1177377694_thumb.jpg

a little down the river

post-53979-1177377762_thumb.jpg

part of the trail through the river

later that night we decided to go again with a few other friends--it was about 2 in the morning.. when we got to the bridge we were just hangin out and nothing was reallyy happening.. it was kind of pretty..really clear. nothing really happened at all while we were there.. the only thing out of the ordinary was some noise from the water.. we kept shining the flash light at it but there was nothing over there. we figured it was just water current..

a little later a few kids showed up who we figured were there to go drinking or something so we just left..

anyways it really pretty out there if you ever get a chance to go..

Sounds like so much fun. Think it is super that you got so pictures from one visit at one location. Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to Goatman's many of times. I live right off of Swisher about 2 miles from the bridge. I haven't been there in years but trust me, there's something or someone there! My friends and I used to go there all the time back in high school. [This was when you could still drive over the bridge.. there was no new bridge yet] Now, I've never seen the "Goatman" but I've witnessed and experienced many other strange happenings. For one, whenever we would start getting close to the bridge, [while driving], the dashboard lights would start getting dimmer and dimmer, then go out completely, including the headlights. The locks would start locking and unlocking themselves. There was a couple of times, and if I hadn't been there myself I wouldn't believe it, but the truck we were in seemed to be and WAS driving itself! My friend who was driving was freaked out and lifted his feet up on the seat and you could see the gas pedal going up and down. When he let go of the steering wheel it was jerking itself back and forth really hard. I was there. I saw this happening! and finally it "drove" us into a ditch and we were stuck. All the while, the inside overhead light was glowing bright red as if there was a red lightbulb inside. Then, while we were stuck, [the truck wouldn't start], we starting hearing this kind of popping sound. I don't know how to explain it, it was really weird. It kept getting louder and closer but we couldn't tell where it was coming from. Finally, the truck started and we got the hell out of there.

Another time, [and don't ask why we kept going back], we were going from another direction, through Flower Mound. Going that way you have to pass an old graveyard to get to Goatman's. All of a sudden the truck was "driving" itself again and pulled into the graveyard on it's own. It pulled in and the engine started reving and the horn started honking. Then it just reversed itself and MADE US go the direction towards the bridge. It was jerking back and forth and the red light was glowing again inside the truck. Ok, this was when that "Offspring" c.d. with that "You gotta keep 'em seperated" song was really popular. We had that in and it was turned all the way down. In the intro it says something along the lines of "...music good enough to calm the savage beast..."... well, the radio started turning up and it was skipping over and over again, saying "savage beast... savage beast... savage beast..." and getting louder and louder. The headlights turned out and the door started locking and unlocking again. That's when we left!

The most recent time I went, it was still daylight.. the sun was just starting to set. The new bridge was there so we had to get out and walk over the old one. I took a friend with me and we just wanted to walk across the bridge and back again. Well, we walked across and then I started hearing a banging underneath the bridge. Under my feet. There's no man in the world tall enough to reach the top of the bridge from underneath it. So, we started walking back across. As we walked, the banging followed us further and further and louder and louder. It remained right underneath our feet as we walked [then ran] back to the car. I haven't been back since. Not because I'm scared, but because I'm a mother now and I haven't had a chance. I have a few friends than are non-believers and will be taking them soon. If you're a believer and in for a true haunted place. I suggest Goatman's Bridge.

• 6 months later...

local texan here, have been out to goatmans bridge several times in my life. to back up some of what i have read in the postings, as we have walked some of the trails out there, we have heard noises...sounds like something was watching/following close by. this is easily explained by....'its out in the country' you hear lots of things out there.

I do have a question regarding some of chrisgeo's pics. on the one about the lights, can you provide a little more info. the stories about this place not only include a place of satan worship, but also a history of klan meetings. one of the pictures looks like what i would guess a meeting like that might look like from far off(thanks to the movie bad boys 2) just a thought.

a couple of things also from my experiences out there also, on certain instances while walking in the woods again, we also heard sounds of heavy breathing as we walked....not just in one spot, but almost moving with us....(yes we might have been breathing a little hard, but this was not us!!) anyone else experience this?

my last trip to goatmans. we were about 3/4 mile from the bridge, where the road was blocked at one point in time(i believe its opened up now to the bridge, and in use) standing around our vehicles that were parked on the side of the road. in our conversations we kept hearing a strange noise, way off in the distance. we would hear it about every five minutes, and each time we heard it, it was a little bit closer. this occurred several time, and then all of a sudden this noise sounded like it was right behind us. that was enough to scare the mess out of a few of us, and the others followed and jumped into the cars, and took off.

upon looking a little bit later, we came across a bigfoot scream online, which sounded just like what we heard! no-one could beleive it....did we really have a bigfoot encounter? and is this really another part of the goatman story?

has anyone heard of or experienced any of this at goatmans bridge?

thanks

So I just stumbled on this thread from google. Tonight my room mates and I went to the goat bridge. I've been there once before and needless to say it was creepy, but nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Tonight was definitely different. My room mates and I went out to the bridge at about 9:30. We parked down the drive and started walking. We walked across the bridge and nothing seemed strange. Then we continued down the path venturing into the woods- and once again nothing was strange. We did have a flashlight but we didn't use it. So we headed back across. We head back to the car then notice a path off to the right. If you're heading towards the bridge from the drive it on the left. The path is blocked by a low metal bar so four wheelers can't get on it. Anyways, we start walking. After maybe 40 or so feet down the trail we all get a pretty weird feeling. Just a real eery feeling. We stopped for a while but continued on. The trail opens up out of the woods and curves to the left. We rounded it and found ourselves about a 15 minute walk behind a brightly lit building (the one you see when you make the sharp right turn heading to the bridge). The entire time we had the creepiest feeling that someone was watching us. We heard this faint noise that sounded like water trickling and continued to walk. We soon realized that the noise was in no way water trickling. It was kind of indescribable. It sounded like wood being slap together mixed with a very crackling fire noise- something I've never heard. We kept walking and it got louder. We stopped and it still got louder. That was when we decided it was time to leave. The walk back was nerve racketing, but nothing happened.

So has anyone heard anything about the woods around the bridge? I would like to go back out there with some equipment (I'm an RTVF major at UNT and have some nice camera and audio equip.). Anyone up for getting a little group together?

DJ

there is an old building out there, about two or three stories if i remember correctly. i was told that this was once an orphanage, basically where a bunch of terrible things happened to the children there.

any others heard this, or can confirm?

• 2 months later...

The first two pictures show the strap for your camera as it gets in the way of the flash....the others show the moisture in the air as it responds to the flash on your camera....

However, the goatman's bridge is haunted. I went there back in highschool with a group of people. We walked down one of the paths, and I swear something started chasing us! It might have just been a racoon or something...but it was moving in our direction, and we all bolted out of there! Running across the bridge back to the car and then on that gravel is damn scary.

I always thought that the Goatman was a black goat farmer, lynched by the KKK for putting a sign up on the bridge. And I am pretty sure that it took place in the 1930s, not 1800s, because the bridge wasn't built until 1884 i think. There are news reports of abandoned cars on the bridge from the 1960s for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have read all of the stories and i have also traveled all over Denton, Copper Canyon, Lewisville and other towns too many to list i have heard story after story i haved analyzed everything from top to bottom i can answer all of your questions and explain to you all what the real true story of Goatman's Bridge.

Starting off it's not his bridge to those that understand that.

His real name is Shamus he's a Irish catholic immagrant a goat farmer and has been since his early childhood

What started his hauntings is that back then when the city of Denton reigned on his yard he got so angry at them he didnt want any part of it and this was like when he was atleast 20 years old he didnt agreed with his parents so he killed them and buried them near the building past the bridge on that beginning road leading to that big house that big house was a asylum keep that in mind later. Shamus was however married had two kids two kids being a boy and a girl he first off killed his son cause he screwed around too much so he dissected him hunged him on the bridge. Samething with the daughter but his wife well he did far worse he cursed that bridge as he imbedded a note written in his wifes blood saying if anyone crosses this bridge they will die. That house that you all have been talking about and saying it was knocked down that was Shamus' house. The half man half goat part is true aswell he wears a goat head over his head blood is dripping down and yes you can see goatman himself i promise you this if you bring raw unfrozen meat and you tease him he will come out lay the meat on the bridge put it in any pattern you want leave for 4 hours make sure sunlight dont come out and make sure the bridge is not pestered by other people comeback to the meat tell me what you see? Every now and then you will see a orb over the middle part of the bridge thats where he died he hunged himself. That asylum i was talking you about not only goatman haunts the area inmates of the that redone building what use to be a asylum inmates would escape and would litterally kill themselves cause of the no life i have problem they had. KKK meetings are true in some sort of ways however no rituals in white supremacys were made. Satanic worship is always true they support the goatman in what he has done and yes goatman is catholic but he also believed that he killed his family he thought, what god would support him but hell. Right?

Your stories of hearing water making noises true but dont anger Shamus in the woods he can harm you. The safest part of that area is where you park your cars at the blocked off part trust he cant harm you and he doesnt remember people so dont think you p***ed him off before will mean he will harm you the second time around unless you p*** him off again. Goatman is a big guy he's atleast 6'8'' to 7'0'' has a normal body no goat legs none of that crap all he has is a long sigh and a goat head over his head that includes the neck of the goat it's half way on his body only to see his stomach when apporched to. You'll lucky to see a full body of him thats if you run quickly. however he's fast you better find your way out jumping over the fence where your cars are parked you'll see him walk back and fade away and yes you can go back and nothing will happen it will be like he doesnt know nothing. And this is the truth dare yourself to try all this what i just said you'll see, you'll see. p*** him off more, Say his real name!!

Now Old Alton Road turn right before the curvy hill to Copper Canyon you'll see to turn off your lights in your car at night and coast down that street you'll see the dead rise from nothing and scare the hell out of you just like that and you'll see headlights behind you half way down the road let him pass you'll see the driver is not inside.

Copper Canyon the town itself is pretty screwed up both ways at the stop sign make sure you know your way even at night you'll see things you dont want to see it will lead your way out but out the way you came into ignore it and go your way you want to go watch out for the long drop if you go back the way you came from.

Go to the cemetery Chin Chapel Cemetery if you're interested in cemeteries the gate is locked bring a bolt cutter with you it's always locked i talked to the owner his name is johnny you'll see his grave in the cemetery very freaky *hint, hint*. Go inside the cemetery stepping on the ground you'll feel the dead pull you in and make it seem like you tripped. Go into the cabin it's all wood the doors on both sides will open but it makes a creaking noise only the the right side go in sit in solitary for a minute come out do it one by one if with a group then go in together with everyone sit for a minute then snap a few pics around the cabin. Go to the very back of the cemetery you'll or may hear civil war vets talking back and foward on through the night it gets annoying but not a threat now when you leave your car or cars will make sounds as someone is pushing them up and down shine the light it stops.

Give yourselves a travel make sure you know what you're doing i wouldnt be stupid i'd be smart and bring a group. however if you need to reach me on any get togethers or need anymore infomation go through my my space

my space dot com / brimstone coven underground

I however will not go to the cemetery with you my experience will scar you for a good long time.

Im not making anything up this is real me and my group knows the truth and seen the truth like everyone on this forum.

That scream that one guy said he heard that was goatman the children in the house that was his children sorry that i didnt answer those in the truth.

Keep in mind beyond the bridge goatman roams you dont think he does but he does dont think about him go on with your business it will be all good from that point on. traveling in the plain city you'll see ghost riders on bicycles with baskets on the back of them not very visible you'll see the shadows of them looking back there gone look forward there there in front of you it's a mind game they do dont be alarmed and dont break down. State Troopers watch but one of them is a real dick and if not with a big group you'll feel very frightened about his looks.

• 2 months later...

Wow, it has been a long time. I was just messing around on the computer and typed in Goat Man's Bridge and this was here. Just for ****'s and giggles I can share with you my knowlege and experiences. Before I go further, I will tell you that time has passed and I have seen online current pictures of the bridge along with the new concrete one next to it. Even the scenery has changed. It looks like the lake it right there over the trees. There appears to be less forest area around the bridge itself, but sure enough this is the bridge. If anyone has past and/or current daytime pics, please post them.

I no longer live in Texas, but I did grow up there and went to High School there. I lived just down the road from Goatman's Bridge in Highland Village. I attended Marcus and Lewisville High Schools. I used to party down by Goatman's in high school and my friend and I also would go hunting in and out of the woods surrounding the bridge and the local area. Growing up, I too had heard the legend and all the stories. I never "saw" anything strange, but did experience some strange things. It was in the mid 1980's while in high school. Now I don't want to sound like a story teller and I am not trying to set the scene for a scary story. During the day the place looked just like old back road country. At night the place was darker than hell, and it didn't help that there was an old cemetary near by, and the old dirt roads were enclosed by trees covering over you like a long tunnel of darkness. It was kind of scary and it added to the stories. Nothing ever out of the ordinary other than hearing strange noises that were either night creatures or our minds just playing there roles in being scared. Except, one night my buddy, his girlfriend, and I drove out there during the summer break to party. No one was there, just us. It was a warm, but not too hot summer night, and as usual it was pitch black. We had drove around the area looking for other party people, but no luck. We had drove over the bridge several times during our search. Since we couldn't find anyone, my buddy just pulled his girl's pinto hatchback onto the bridge and we parked there in the middle. We just chilled, talked, and went over the stories about the bridge that night, we parked there with the radio on low. We all got out of the car, sat on the hood and continued talking. My buddy told a story that if you pee'd of the bridge that it would never hit the creek water below and there would be no sounds of splashing. He tried it, and sure enough, no noise. The bridge is not that high above the water so we should have heard something. As we chilled there, some strange noises in the distance started getting louder, like the were getting closer. Then we heard some rustling out in the woods. (As I write this, I find myself thinking that anyone reading this probably thinks it's some Blair Witch BS story, but it's not). Then, the temperature dropped to not freezing, but cold enough that we had fog coming from our mouths as we talked. At this point, we were starting to get spooked and scared. We decided to leave. We got in the car but now it wouldn't start. Could have been the battery, I don't know. After all, we did have the radio on low. We kept trying to start the car, but no luck. The sounds around us started really scaring us. His girlfriend was telling him to quit screwing around, and he said he wasn't. Finally, the car started and we drove off the bridge, but as we drove away we all noticed that the temperature started rising back to being warm like it had before it dropped.

Anyway, that is the only thing that I had ever experienced at Goatman's. Strange enough for me, but true. It is on you if you believe me or not, but I was there and experienced it. There was another, strange thing that happened near there while I was hunting with my friend in the backwoods. We heard what sounded like a man moaning, like he was in pain or something. No words, just moaning. We couldn't tell were it was coming from, but it spooked us out there by ourselves. That did not happen at the bridge, but wasn't too far from it. I, myself, when told of stories like this try to keep an open mind because of my own strange experiences. At times, I ask myself was it real and I think about the song from the Ghetto Boys - My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me.

I live in California now, but would like to hear what others have experienced or witnessed regarding Goatman's. Also, like I mentioned above, pics would be great.

Racer X

• 1 month later...

My experience with Goatman Bridge – Alton Bridge started right after I joined a local ghost tracking group in April 2008. The group had previously investigated the bridge and brought back some cool pictures of an orange mist traveling through a tree and fog on the bridge. I went with them when the group did a return trip on May 31. It’s was a very disappointing night to say the least. It must have been the first weekend after school had let out for the summer since we ended up sharing the site with about 30 to 40 high school age kids who were out for a good time walking the trails, spooking the women with them and screaming. I only got a few pictures with orbs in it but while spirit dowsing I came upon a spirit at the edge of the bridge. I picked up my camera to take a picture of the spot but the batteries in my camera went dead. Another member came up behind me and had the same experience with his camera. I went back to my car to get new batteries and came back to take pictures but did not get anything unusual.

My second trip back came when a members of the ghost group email me that she and a few friends where going back on a Saturday night July 5, and invited me along. I invited a friend to come along and she met me out there. I got there first at 11:30 PM and stepped out of the car to start getting my equipment ready. The place has a foreboding and creepy feeling to it especially when there alone at night. Later Lisa arrived and the 3 others followed. I had high hopes for the evening considering our group consisted of 2 psychic medium and three others who were sensitive. I led the way towards the bridge when something told me to stop and look straight down. I stopped pulled out my flashlight and looked down to see a copperhead crossing our path a few steps ahead. This was not a good time to realize that I should have worn boots for the evening. I hoped that the snake may turn out to be a good omen for the evening. Once on the bridge I pulled out my dowsing rods and started looking for spirits. Once again when I reached the southwest end of the bridge the rods pointed to the same spot where I previously lost the power to my camera batteries. I then sensed a little boy about 8 or 9 years old and called out to the others to tell them what I found. They came over and started taking pictures and immediately one person lost the power to his batteries. I ask this spirit what his name was and the other Scott in our group picked up that his name was Billy and he also got that he died in the 1890’s. He then felt how the boy died and he said that Billy was killed at that spot but didn’t elaborate beyond that. My spirit guides then gave me the indication that they were giving control of the dowsing rods over to Billy so I then worked out different indicators for yes and no answers with him. I asked him if he knew where his parents where and he said no. He also said he was there waiting for them. Scott said “yes this boy is lost”. I asked him what his father’s name was and Scott said “Bartholomew”. That’s when I started barking out orders to the others feeling a sense of urgency. I told them to gather round and I asked Lisa to shine her flashlight down the trail up ahead towards the road. Then I told everyone to look at the light and collectively visualize a circle of white light. I ask for a relative on the other side to step forward and both I and the other Scott saw a figure of a man. We both could sense the energy of warmth. I asked Billy if he recognize the man and heard him say it was his dad. I ask Billy to follow his dad into the light and that is when we both saw the man walk over and literally grabbed the boy up in his arms. They were both gone in a flash. My dowsing rods went back under the control of my spirit guides and when I asked they stated that Billy was gone. After that we could no longer sense the energy of any spirit at that location for the rest of the evening. I was stunned at the things I did and said during the crossing over, but knew everything came to me intuitively from my guides. I had never done one like that before.

Scott started talking about an area on a hiking trail that on his previous trips it would always give him the creeps. We decided to check it out and while I was spirit dowsing the others were taking pictures along the way. The location turned out to be next to a very large tree and we all felt distress by the energy around it. We made contact with a Shaman Medicine Man named Chaintos pronounced as (Shawn’-Toes’).

I asked him what tribe he was with and told Comanche. Regrettably I did not know the local history of the Indians tribes in the area. He said that he was lonely and that many people would walk by but would never stop so he could tell them his story, but he was glad that we did stop to listen. He referred to himself as the “Great One” and highly respected within his tribe. He talked about a history of violence in the area and also of Indians hunting. I am not sure of what type of hunting he was talking about. We were hearing a lot of sounds by that time to go along with the constant noise from the bullfrogs from the river. Noises such as Owls and what sounded like Indian calls from other spirits. Scott was actually able to see movies played out in his mind of Indian battles between other Indian tribes and then fighting against the white settlers.

My guides were telling me that there wasn’t any earth-bound spirits in that immediate location but the heaviness we were feeling was from all of the negative energy expended there over time.

We decided to go back to the bridge and look for the famous Goatman. Once we made it back to the middle of the bridge we met a woman in spirit who was crossing the bridge. Once she got to us she stopped and turned around to go back saying she needed to check on her laundry. Then a spirit of a prospector crossed the bridge and that surprised me. I didn’t know if there was any mining going on in the area at anytime. Then Scott picked up on the Goatman at the Northwest end of the bridge right across from where Billy had been. He kept repeating that the Goatman didn’t want us here and wanted us to leave. My guides were telling me that this was an entity that is angry, easily agitated and didn’t like noise. They told me that since we came there to get pictures of him to go ahead and challenge him. All he is going to do is charge at us then run past us till he reaches the other side of the bridge. Just be sure to have your cameras ready. We all could see somewhat of a silhouette of something at the end of the bridge and that it had two eyes. Unfortunately the pictures we were taking from the distance of the middle of the bridge didn’t give us any real evidence of him. One thing that seemed to help us was the two young adults that were trying to jack with us from the new bridge on the highway. They had some single tube aerial display type fireworks and from the bridge they would turn it on its side, point it at us on the old bridge, then light it and it would explode some 50 feet away from us. After the initial explosion we were peppered with many multiple small explosions and then the *******s would scream obscenities at us, jump in their black pickup truck and pealed out. After 15 or 20 minutes they would come back and repeat the process all over again. Each time this happened it would make the Goatman angrier, his eye would turn red but he wouldn’t leave the edge of the bridge. That’s when my spirit guides explained to me that the entity was actually confused and perplexed by us. They told me that that Goatman has dealt with psychics and other people who weren’t scared of him before but he never had seen anyone with the light like ours. They also told me that he needs some fear to feed off of and to gather strength. And he didn’t have the strength to run past us. In the past other groups had success getting pictures of him when there was at least one member in the group that was scared. We started talking among ourselves trying to come up with a name of a qualified friend that we could call and get them to come out there that late at night. I was also hoping that he could feed off of some other intense emotion. I did walk down and stand next to him. I started getting dizzy, started weaving from losing my sense of balance and developed a headache, so I went back to the group. At one point we saw him disappear straight up in a dark cloud, but he did come back later to the same spot. My guides had me confused by referring to Goatman as negative energy and other times they called him a negative entity. How they explained it to me later was that we were not dealing with a spirit here but negative residual energy caused by the violent way a particular man died. They explained that this energy had a personality of its own and that is why they called it an entity. One of anger and under the right circumstances would play out a scene over and over again like a broken record. They also said that it would be a monumental task to break up and release this stagnate and negative energy off of this bridge. After about an hour and a half we gave up on our stalemate and decided to leave, disappointed that we didn’t at least get some cool pictures like fog on the bridge. We were happy to have done some good with out ruining the site for other ghost hunting groups. You can still go out there and get your pictures of mysterious fog, orbs, EVPs and new experiences. Just watch out for snakes.

On my ride home my guides explain to me that what kept the boy from crossing over was the negative energy. It prevented the white light from coming through. A couple of days after that night I asked my guides if they knew Billy’s last name and heard Calhoun.

I then got out my pendulum and chart and asked the same question and they spelled out Calhoune. I was not able to track down anything from genealogy sites on that name from that time period or area. I did find that the Comanche Indians were in the area at one time but very little history was kept on Comanche Indian names. I would appreciate any research help from anyone for validation.

I am not interested in scientific proof of paranormal activity but this was my experience from Alton (Goatman) Bridge.

Edited by newbeII

• 2 weeks later...
My experience with Goatman Bridge – Alton Bridge started right after I joined a local ghost tracking group in April 2008.The group had previously investigated the bridge and brought back some cool pictures of an orange mist traveling through a tree and fog on the bridge. I went with them when the group did a return trip on May 31. It’s was a very disappointing night to say the least. It must have been the first weekend after school had let out for the summer since we ended up sharing the site with about 30 to 40 high school age kids who were out for a good time walking the trails, spooking the women with them and screaming. I only got a few pictures with orbs in it but while spirit dowsing I came upon a spirit at the edge of the bridge. I picked up my camera to take a picture of the spot but the batteries in my camera went dead. Another member came up behind me and had the same experience with his camera. I went back to my car to get new batteries and came back to take pictures but did not get anything unusual.

My second trip back came when a member of the ghost group emailed me that she and a few friends where going back on a Saturday night July 5, and invited me along. I invited a friend to come along and she met me out there. I got there first at 11:30 PM and stepped out of the car to start getting my equipment ready. The place has a foreboding and creepy feeling to it especially when there alone at night. Later Lisa arrived and the 3 others followed. I had high hopes for the evening considering our group consisted of 2 psychic mediums and three others who were sensitive. I led the way towards the bridge when something told me to stop and look straight down. I stopped pulled out my flashlight and looked down to see a copperhead crossing our path a few steps ahead. This was not a good time to realize that I should have worn boots for the evening. I hoped that the snake may turn out to be a good omen for the evening. Once on the bridge I pulled out my dowsing rods and started looking for spirits. Once again when I reached the southwest end of the bridge the rods pointed to the same spot where I previously lost the power to my camera batteries. I then sensed a little boy about 8 or 9 years old and called out to the others to tell them what I found. They came over and started taking pictures and immediately one person lost the power to his batteries. I asked this spirit what his name was and the other Scott in our group picked up that his name was Billy and he also got that he died in the 1890’s. He then felt how the boy died and he said that Billy was killed at that spot but didn’t elaborate beyond that. My spirit guides then gave me the indication that they were giving control of the dowsing rods over to Billy so I then worked out different indicators for yes and no answers with him. I asked him if he knew where his parents where and he said no. He also said he was there waiting for them. Scott said “yes this boy is lost”. I asked him what his father’s name was and Scott said “Bartholomew”. That’s when I started barking out orders to the others feeling a sense of urgency. I told them to gather round and I asked Lisa to shine her flashlight down the trail up ahead towards the road. Then I told everyone to look at the light and collectively visualize a circle of white light. I ask for a relative on the other side to step forward and both I and the other Scott saw a figure of a man. We both could sense the energy of warmth. I asked Billy if he recognize the man and heard him say it was his dad. I ask Billy to follow his dad into the light and that is when we both saw the man walk over and literally grabbed the boy up in his arms. They were both gone in a flash. My dowsing rods went back under the control of my spirit guides and when I asked they stated that Billy was gone. After that we could no longer sense the energy of any spirit at that location for the rest of the evening. I was stunned at the things I did and said during the crossing over, but knew everything came to me intuitively from my guides. I had never done one like that before.

Scott started talking about an area on a hiking trail that on his previous trips it would always give him the creeps. We decided to check it out and while I was spirit dowsing the others were taking pictures along the way. The location turned out to be next to a very large tree and we all felt distress by the energy around it. We made contact with a Shaman Medicine Man named Chaintos pronounced as (Shawn’-Toes’). I asked him what tribe he was with and told Comanche. Regrettably I did not know the local history of the Indians tribes in the area. He said that he was lonely and that many people would walk by but would never stop so he could tell them his story, but he was glad that we did stop to listen. He referred to himself as the “Great One” and highly respected within his tribe. He talked about a history of violence in the area and also of Indians hunting. I am not sure of what type of hunting he was talking about. We were hearing a lot of sounds by that time to go along with the constant noise from the bullfrogs from the river. Noises such as Owls and what sounded like Indian calls from other spirits. Scott was actually able to see movies played out in his mind of Indian battles between other Indian tribes and then fighting against the white settlers.

My guides were telling me that there wasn’t any earth-bound spirits in that immediate location but the heaviness we were feeling was from all of the negative energy expended there over time.

After visiting with Chaintos it was getting to be time for Lisa to return to the city. We decided to go back to the bridge and look for the famous Goatman. Once we made it back to the middle of the bridge we met a woman in spirit who was crossing the bridge. Once she got to us she stopped and turned around to go back saying she needed to check on her laundry. Then a spirit of a prospector crossed the bridge and that surprised me. I didn’t know if there was any mining going on in the area at anytime. Then Scott picked up on the Goatman at the Northwest end of the bridge right across from where Billy had been. He kept repeating that the Goatman didn’t want us here and wanted us to leave. My guides were telling me that this was an entity that is angry, easily agitated and didn’t like noise. They told me that since we came there to get pictures of him to go ahead and challenge him. All he is going to do is charge at us then run past us till he reaches the other side of the bridge. Just be sure to have your cameras ready. We all could see somewhat of a silhouette of something at the end of the bridge and that it had two eyes. Unfortunately the pictures we were taking from the distance of the middle of the bridge didn’t give us any real evidence of him. One thing that seemed to help us was the two young adults that were trying to jack with us from the new bridge on the highway. They had some single tube aerial display type fireworks and from the bridge they would turn it on its side, point it at us on the old bridge, then light it and it would explode some 50 feet away from us. After the initial explosion we were peppered with many multiple small explosions and then the *******s would scream obscenities at us, jump in their black pickup truck and pealed out. After 15 or 20 minutes they would come back and repeat the process all over again. Each time this happened it would make the Goatman angrier, his eye would turn red but he wouldn’t leave the edge of the bridge. That’s when my spirit guides explained to me that the entity was actually confused and perplexed by us. They told me that that Goatman has dealt with psychics and other people who weren’t scared of him before but he never had seen anyone with the light like ours. They also told me that he needs some fear to feed off of and to gather strength. And he didn’t have the strength to run past us. In the past other groups had success getting pictures of him when there was at least one member in the group that was scared. We started talking among ourselves trying to come up with a name of a qualified friend that we could call and get them to come out there that late at night. I was also hoping that he could feed off of some other intense emotion, so I walked down and stood next to him. I started getting dizzy, started weaving from losing my sense of balance and developed a headache, so I went back to the safety of the group. At one point we saw him disappear straight up in a dark cloud, but he did come back later to the same spot. My guides had me confused by referring to Goatman as negative energy and other times they called him a negative entity. How they explained it to me later was that we were not dealing with a spirit here but negative residual energy caused by the violent way a particular man died. They explained that this energy had a personality of its own and that is why they called it an entity. One of anger and under the right circumstances would play out a scene over and over again like a broken record. They also said that it would be a monumental task to break up and release this stagnate and negative energy off of this bridge. After about an hour and a half we gave up on our stalemate, disappointed that we didn’t at least get some cool pictures like fog on the bridge. We were happy to have done some good with out ruining the site for other ghost hunting groups. You can still go out there and get your pictures of mysterious fog, orbs, EVPs and new experiences. Just watch out for snakes.

On my ride home my guides explained to me that what kept the boy from crossing over was the negative energy. It prevented the white light from coming through. A couple of days after that night I asked my guides if they knew Billy’s last name and heard Calhoun.

I then got out my pendulum and chart and asked the same question and they spelled out Calhoune. I was not able to track down anything from genealogy sites on that name from that time period or area. I did find that the Comanche Indians were in the area at one time but very little history was kept on Comanche Indian names. I would appreciate any research help from anyone for validation.

I am not interested in scientific proof of paranormal activity but this was my experience from Alton (Goatman) Bridge.

The attached pic was taken while we were talking to the little boy. Two Orbs (one large and one small)

post-75265-1216770572_thumb.jpg